[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots know about ethical hacking and cyersecurity? Seeing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: elliot.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
elliot.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
Any robots know about ethical hacking and cyersecurity?

Seeing as how I've got nothing better to do and a lot of free time, how do I become as skilled as Elliot?
>>
>>36672399
Is this piece of shit show starting a new season or something?
>>
>>36672442

I'm pretty sure it is but that is besides the point. I don't care about the show itself... I want to do the same kind of ethical hacking Elliot does.

Come on, hack-bot bros, where you at?
>>
https://codeinstein.com/forum/ I recently found him out.
I have the exact same idea as you, after finishing the seasons, I thought fuck it, might as well follow Elliot's dreams, minus the drugs, everything else stays the same.
https://codeinstein.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29
Might have to go to school to become "as skilled" as "Elliot".
>>
>>36672666

I'm starting in the Fall in a computer engineering program, and going to be doing a lot of software stuff on the side. Would I need a cyber security degree to really learn this shit though?
>>
Here you go:
ipkill dawt org/OH19
>>
File: IMG_7662.jpg (118KB, 510x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7662.jpg
118KB, 510x720px
>>36672399

Entirely depends on what your goal is.

If this is what you are looking to pick up as a skillset for job potential I would not point you in the direction of anything code heavy if it's outside your usual line of work. If you want to get into infosec I would lean you more towards Analyst work. Assuming you are already set on your host/VM/distro setup, go grab:
- Wireshark
- Free edition of Splunk or a SIEM
- Foremost
- Oledump, peepdf, pedump
- Security Onion
- Custom firmware for router that lets you dump firewall logs out
- investing in managed switch to mirror WAN port traffic for your Security Onion's Snort sensor

Workflow should be to first aggregate logs, security events, and alerts to find malware. Search, pivot, and correlate in SIEM or Splunk to find root cause and collect data. Analyze malware or suspicious network traffic. Attribute based on open source intel. Tune and improve alerts, generate analytics, build tracking dashboards in SIEM, contribute findings to security community.

Uhhhh but if you are just looking to dick around and kill time I guess scripting and pen testing is fine. I think pen testing is meme'd to death though and people don't know about all the other branches of infosec. I blame Mr.Robot partially.

Regards,
/g/entooman Security Analyst
>>
>>36672738
I'll tell you, it's going to be code-centric to a fault unless you know you want to be narrowed into like application development security or webdev security.

Most college curriculums labeled as Computer Science or related won't touch on any of the things I listed out before. You'll have to spend some of your elective course options seeking out anything that will touch on forensics, compliance, network traffic analysis, security infrastructure, reverse engineering, ect ect. And most schools still don't offer enough courses to cover that.
>>
File: 1491616735243.gif (2MB, 263x252px)
1491616735243.gif
2MB, 263x252px
>>36672399
I've never watched that show, but I know that getting into cybersecurity is pretty easy, just takes time and home study. Unlike actual hacking, you don't need to be a slick programmer to do it. Like all IT careers though, the downside is perpetual self-study to qualify and re-qualify for as long as your career lasts.

i used cybrary.it to get qualified for some entry level IT certifications, but apparently they specialize in cybersecurity cert training.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.