[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Miami Vice and other 80s shows good? Are they at least better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Vicelogo.jpg (42KB, 800x636px) Image search: [Google]
Vicelogo.jpg
42KB, 800x636px
Are Miami Vice and other 80s shows good? Are they at least better than today's TV?
>>
No. Columbo is the only police show from the past still worth watching.
>>
>>36656021
>Are they at least better than today's TV?

I think that we are living in a golden age of television now.

I just finished watching Orange is the new Black, and it's totally kick-ass compared to anything I have ever seen from earlier decades.

The old shows of the 70s/80s/90s were incredibly tame. Their scripts were sanitized to make sure they didn't offend anyone. The result was that they effectively cut the balls off of any script that dared to be bold.

With internet distribution, we don't have that problem anymore -- scripts can dare to offend people now, and the result has been a phenomenal increase in quality.

I started noticing the new "golden age" of TV back when Arrested Development came out. Ever since then, I noticed a significant increase in quality of the best shows. (Maybe it started a few years earlier and I didn't pay attention.) Now, shows from earlier decades just seem like bland baby food to me.
>>
>>36656021
TV is unwatchable these days but 80s TV isn't much better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfgf9HatIHI
>>
>>36656959
what shows are you watching? tv is great now.
>>
Go watch Charles in Charge or Maude.
>>
Miami Vice is an acquired taste. I used to watch it at my dad's house w/ the windows open, but he lived on the ocean so it was freezing. Nice as fuck. The gunfights are fun to watch and the fits are fire desu.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.