[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit /r9k/, I just want you to know that change IS POSS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
Holy shit /r9k/, I just want you to know that change IS POSSIBLE.

This post may sound like I'm bragging, but I want to share my background and the happiness I'm feeling right now because I know there are a lot of people on this board like me, especially young men in their late teens/early 20s who think very much like I once did (and sometimes still do), and who may identify as NEET, hikki, incel, foreveralone, and so many other self-disparaging tribal affiliations.

I have diagnosed autism, I was the awkward weird nerdy kid in high school, I was a NEET shut-in from 18-22.

Starting in my 20s I spent a long time working on my social skills, often battering my head against it, accepting I would be awkward, dealing with embarassment. succeedsocially.com, a public speaking class I took,How to Win Friends and Influence People all helped, not to mention a bit of fucking around with psychedelic drugs (they actually helped me become much better at reading body language and other social cues without having to think about it), but what helped the most was just years of my 20s effectively practicing, learning to deal with the embarassment and rejection, and very slowly improving.

I started working out - hard. It was difficult at first. The payoff doesn't come right away. I think for some, you need to do it for a while before the psychological benefits really set in. But when it becomes an integral part of your lifestyle after a period of years, it really does pay dividends.
>>
File: teeheeeeeheeeeeeeeee.png (9KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
teeheeeeeheeeeeeeeee.png
9KB, 315x315px
>>36653404
Of course change is possible. You obviously changed for the worse.

You tainted your mind and body with disgusting chemicals, killing your truer former self.

Now you are but a delusion of a half-dead brain.
>>
I learned how to dress well, not with fashion but with genuine style. I started paying attention to what other people wore - observing little details, noticing and remembering what I liked. I collected clothes from thrift shops - all sorts of different stuff, and started putting actual thought into how I dressed, spending time in front of a mirror figuring out what worked.

I finally managed to get a girlfriend for a few years in my mid-late 20s, and I learned so much from that - it's like spending that much time with someone has an effect of wearing down your sharp edges.

I went back to school. I went to community college (for the second time) and managed to take the drive and discipline I'd gained and actually start getting good grades and transfer into a decent university. Even though I felt out of place at almost 30 student clubs and did whatever I could to be out in the community rather than at home staring at a screen.

So what prompted me to make this post? Last night I hooked up with this beautiful Vietnamese girl from one of the fanciest sororities at school. She was all over me, and I would never, ever have expected such an attractive woman to be interested in me. I still remember myself as the greasy kid in all black who was constantly bullied and had no idea how to interact with people. Then I thought I was too old for that kind of fun. Somewhere on an incel board I once saw the quote: "You can fix your looks, you can fix your social skills, you can fix your finances, but by the time you get everything straight you'll have lost the most important thing of all: your youth." It's completely absurd.

Now some of you may say: "Who cares if you fucked some roastie? I don't want any part in the degenerate world anyway." And that is fine too! The point here is that you're working towards SOMETHING, you can turn your life around. I spent a decade improving my social skills - and it worked. What could you achieve with 10 years of effort?
>>
We're all gonna make it (except the one robot who just killed himself)
>>
>>36653857
>We're all gonna make it

Even if I'm not trying because I can't deal with rejection and embarrassing memories that come back to haunt me night after night?
>>
>>36653897
Just use that time that you're in hiding as a cocoon of sorts, build up your body and mind for 5 to 10 years and emerge as a beautiful butterfly of fucking young cuties
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.