[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there negatives to being mixed race. (Black and white)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: mixedrace[1].jpg (79KB, 598x715px) Image search: [Google]
mixedrace[1].jpg
79KB, 598x715px
Are there negatives to being mixed race.
(Black and white) I'm dating a mixed race guy, and I'm white ( well, a mix of 16 different ethnicities that I know of, but 87.5% of them are white). We were talking about subjective mental experiences and found an interesting difference between us. I've always considered having control over my mind to be a very important thing. So I have a very high degree of control over my mind.

For him, the idea of controlling his mind has just never occurred to him, and it's very difficult, near impossible, now that he's making an effort. He's had ADD throughout his whole life. Maybe that's all it is?

My IQ is 140. I'd estimate his at 125. He's still pretty intelligent despite the out of control brain. I've only known one other mixed race guy deeply enough to have any meaningful input, and he had a lot of mental issues. My boyfriend doesn't seem to display anything like that, only mental issue is the ADD (and inability to control his brain? But that's a big question of nature vs nurture.)

SOOOOO, my question is this. Is there data on mixed race children? I can't seem to find a whole lot of reliable data on the matter. What I can find is a mixed bag. Most mixed race chinese blame a lot of their problems on the fact that they're mixed race (mostly mental issues). Knowing China, I think most of that is the result of propaganda. I found a few bits of information saying that the iq's tend to average out between parents and the child in a mixed race family. I've found other data that shows a lower prevalence of anxiety and depression among mixed race individuals in Brazil, and I've found data that shows that mixed race children have lower rates of diseases related to genetic homogeneity.

My conclusion is that the child should be fine, and will probably have an iq within one standard deviation of the midpoint between our iq's and probably won't have mental or health issues as a result of the mix. Thoughts?
>>
>>36653138
Not really sure what your asking. I'm black/white guy myself but my ocassional negative feelings have nothing to do with the fact I'm mixed. I don't really focus on race.
>>
File: IMG_0892.jpg (119KB, 1242x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0892.jpg
119KB, 1242x590px
Half black half white men are cuter than all other race of men .
>>
>>36653218
Personally, I agree :)

>>36653204
Thank you for the input :)
>>
>>36653204
I'm pretty much just rooting around for data on what to expect / trying to quell my anxiety. I came across the aforementioned info coming from chinese mixed race individuals, and it's just sparked a string of open minded research into the subject.
>>
>>36653138
>Are there negatives to being mixed race.
no? genetic variation is good, i suppose, now that natural selection is virtually non-existent in today's modern world.

>Is there data on mixed race children
its kind of a touchy issue because you also need data on both parents, the kid has got to be old enough to confidently diagnose any issues, AND you have to consider which color of each sex the parent was -- as in, for example, wmaf or amwf, wmbf or bmwf.

additionally, i think the sex of the kid is important, is it not? if its a female, does that not mean the mother's genetics have a larger impression on the kid?

furthermore, doesn't a higher IQ have a significance when it comes to mental illness?
>>
>>36653469
Hey, research is a good thing. Hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
Of course there can be negatives. If you believe in human biodiversity, it's pretty evident that different races have different average IQs. Even if you're marrying a black guy who has an estimated 125 IQ, there is a concept called "regression to the mean" in genetics, where any given trait can regress to the mean of the population that an individual organism belongs to. It applies to IQ, as well, but it doesn't happen in every circumstance; it is just a possibility.

I'm 75% white and 25% black, and the only problems I've encountered with being mixed race are the cultural issues. Like, that is something that people need to seriously consider before they have mixed kids. The cultural issues weren't even a problem in my family until a lot of the recent racial tension that's been going on. My mom (who is mulatto) has grown from being racially egalitarian to overtly hostile towards white people over the course of a year or two. Even though I'm relatively white passing, she constantly questions me as to whether I'm ashamed of my African American heritage. It's not even something that I personally identify with. I was raised around white people and not even exposed to black culture.

In terms of black/white relationships, the culture divide isn't as common as it is in white/asian mixed race relationships, though. That's not something that I can speak on, but I've heard a lot of stories about white/asian mixed kids having extreme identity issues. I never had identity issues until very recently.
>>
>>36653521
this guy here. if it isnt clear, i'm interested in just about the same answers as you, OP. think you can link relevant papers? i've only just started looking
>>
The actual red pill here is that children grow up to identify as whatever their father's race was (notwithstanding huge social pressure for the father to renounce his racial identity and instead identify with the civic identity of the country in question, which America no longer has). This is what creates the conflict here. White people and black people have a tense relationship, and given the way the media stirs the pot it is only going to become more tense.

Do you really want to have children that are going to identify as black, and consequently most likely are going to grow up with an animus against your own white race?

Doesn't the thought make you ashamed?
>>
>my iq is 140
>i have a very high degree of control over my mind

yet you are here talking about this pseudo science.

also no one cares about your fag lover
>>
>>36653639
>but I've heard a lot of stories about white/asian mixed kids having extreme identity issues
there's a blog with a large list of hapas who snapped or who have a myriad of mental disorders. i think it has to do with nurture, because asians have mixed with caucasians on the other side of the world (think russian mix) and they have a significantly lower rate of madness. there is also a hapa youtuber who says his identity issues reside mostly in how his parents raised him.
>>
>>36653795
You don't need to look on youtube, there's one right here - Brazilian female with a Japanese dad and Brazilian mother. She's a 30 year old NEET who hates white people and screams at her mother.
>>
>>36653703

all those ((IQ)) points and this dumb slut still doesn't realize she clicked on the wrong board to post in.
>>
>>36653668
Not op, but what you said was right for me. I'm black/white and was raised by my father who was black (No seriously) and therefore black is how I Identify. Not to mention I couldn't pass for white even If I wanted to. I have never my mothers side of the familar.
>>
>>36653795
Yeah, there are a TON of examples of what you're talking about, anon. I would have mentioned the white male/asian female hapa Reddit forum, but I was too afraid of people completely disregarding my reply and saying "LE REDITTTTTTTTTTTT XD"

I don't even remember the actual name of the subreddit, but the stuff on there is pretty sad.
>>
Yes
Your children are more likely to have major medical issues and probably won't be able to receive transplants or marrow

In reality it doesn't matter since you're not white to begin with and neither is he, you'll just produce your mixed meat rats
>>
>>36653552
Me too, thank you :)

>>36653639
Hmmm, those are important points. The cultural issues worry me a little; my bf was raised in a white household; he also doesn't quite identify with white or black people on a cultural level. That in itself has caused him a great deal of stress; he feels culturally disconnected and isolated. I'm not really sure how to go about that one.

>>36653653
This documentary goes into genetic non-homogeneity, stress, anxiety, and depression responses to a stressful environment, and it goes into a few other things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZAckwJHsQ

a study with some info in the relationship between parental and child iq's of mixed race couples.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023%2FA%3A1016313718644?LI=true

>>36653668
There's a nature vs nurture argument to be had here. Being a parent at all carries some risk of resentment.

>>36653795
Hmmm, it would make sense that Russians and Asians would be more genetically compatible though than Asians and Brits. Maybe I'll delve further into that later. That would be interesting to find some data on.

>>36653815
>hates white people
Hmmm, could I get your assessment on why that is?
>>
>>36654332
>lower availability of bone marrow transplants
Hmm, that's true. I suppose I'm pretty optimistic about biotechnological advancement. Most major health issues seem to emerge in people's late 20's and early 30's, which should be around 2050-2060 for our child. The future is impossible to predict though. Thank you for bringing that up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.