[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why I hated The Force Awakens I'm done paying hollywood

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

>Why I hated The Force Awakens
I'm done paying hollywood to force political opinions down my throat.

Women are not strong
Women are not heroes
Women are not determined or inspiring

They are verifiably, factually and demonstrably less intelligent, less inspired, less ingenious and less capable than men in almost every field. I am not now nor will I ever swallow the feminist pill of equality because the two genders very simply are not equal.

That is why I didn't like it. Because Rey was the protagonist. I don't want that, I don't need that and I have had enough of Star Wars in my life if that's the way the franchise is going.
>>
Even if you ignore the feminist bullshit it was still a bad movie. The plot makes no sense and is told in a terrible way.
>>
>>36651158
Are you retarded?
What about Princess Leia or Padme Amidala?
>>
>>36651158
Excellent blog post bro, 100%
>>
>>36651236
Sorry just had to vent about the cancer that is killing my favorite franchise of all time.
>>36651206
What about them? They were just token love interests for the main characters.
>>
>>36651158
I agree 100% OP. Star Wars is dead at this rate
>>
18 years old with extreme unresolved Mommy Issues detected on this thread.
Procede with caution
>>
>>36651370
I am 25 and my mom left my brother and I when I was 10 so fuck you asshole
>>
>>36651415
So you are basically stating that you are much more immature that what I thought in the first place and that the unresolved Mommy Issues are real.
Thanks.
>>
Force Awakens' problem wasn't "diversity." It was just a bad movie. It had nothing of its own. It was 'member berry-flavored shit that people lapped up because it tickled their nostalgia prostates until they came money straight into Disney's pockets.
>>
>>36651158
Well it is fiction so I don't really mind having a female lead in most things. However I don't care for her acting at all, definitely couldve had a better actor. nigger/former stormtrooper was way better And the fact that people have to attack others on this political shit. Yes we know the Empire is supposed to be evil, does that mean we have to make white supremacist connection claims and all this other shit? No. Can't we just enjoy the fucking movie without bringing politics in?
>>
>>36651158
I agree. Every movie now has to be about highjacking male virtues like bravery strength and chivalry and attributing them to female leads to satisfy womens inferiority complexes about not being men. I have never looked up to a woman as an heroic figure in real life and cannot enjoy a film that makes pandering to women it's main objective. Not believable
>>
>>36651158
That's mostly true. But I feel as if if we were to put everyone on a scale of intelligence, the grand majority of women would be somewhere in the middle, but you would also see that men are more spread out on that scale.
>>
>>36651549

I'm so fucking sick of politics being fucking everywhere nowadays. You can't even play fucking vidya anymore without it having some political message.
>>
>>36651158

You're nearly a year and a half late with that hot take

But yes I mostly agree with what you said
>>
>>36651370
Seems like they are piling up, impressive display of weakness on this thread.
>>
>>36651370

Retard roastie using the usual shaming tactics to silence opposition of the "women are wonderful" narrative.
>>
>>36652978
Women are not "wonderful". Women are, as men, complex individuals capable of the worst and the best in, probably, the same percentages if given the opportunities.
Men are killers and men are heroes.
Women are killers and women are heroes.
It's not too dificult to understand if you have a proper brain inside your skull.
>>
I didn't see the movie but I think strong woman in fiction are okay.
Just don't make up shit to fit them into historical movies.
>>
>>36651158
I bet you wonder why you're still a virgin. I'm unfollowing this blog
>>
>>36651158
the problem with the flick and star wars in general is that it's garbage, not whatever agenda pushing you might perceive
>>
>tfw you realize the Empire was the good side and the rebels were the bad guys
>Luke was a terrorist sympathizer
>Han was smuggling weapons to the rebels
>Leia, leader of the rebels have no determined plan for reforming the galaxy. Their only goal is to 'STOP THE EVIL EMPIRE BECUZ THEY'RE EVIL'
Seriously, fuck the jedi order and all their beaurocratic bullshit. They can't make good decisions for shit. Meanwhile, Palpatine takes over and actually gives the galaxy some structure and creates millions of jobs and takes out the fucking jedi who go around fucking everything up
>>
>>36651158
I've never met a mysogynist who wasn't a failure of a man.
>>
>>36653387
Yea I can definitely see how a despotic follower of the literal religion of evil, who blows up planets, could be considered to be a good guy.
>>
>>36653403
Nice argument, why don't you fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>36651158
It was a terrible movie.

Which really doesn't make sense. Rogue One was actually pretty good. I don't understand how TFA was so shit.
>>
>>36653483
That was Tarkin who blew up the planet. Tarkin was legitimately bad
There's a theory that the Empire built the Death Star because Palpatine knew that the galaxy was going to need it because the galaxy was going to be invaded by an evil alien race and they were going to go to war
>>
>>36653568
That still doesn't address the whole Religion of Evil thing.
>>
>>36653387
You're right but americans have a weird rebel complex. Anyone who calls themselves a "resistance" movement is instantly the good guys.
It all stems back to that breakaway from the british empire. The americans never got over it and are still stuck to that idea. Rebels are automatically good and the established regime is automatically evil.

That's why they've got such a hard-on for helping the syrian "rebels", even though they're actually isis sympathisers.
>>
>>36653632
No, the Americans support the rebels because Russia is on Assad's side.
>>
>>36653403
The biggest, most popular chads are often deeply misogynistic. They see the real face of women and it disgusts them.
>>
>>36653611
It's not really evil. The sith code is just selfish
>>
>>36653533

It's because it wasn't original. Almost everything about it was directly inspired by another Star Wars movie.
>>
>>36653690
Yes, that's what I said, evil.
>>
>>36653568
A fan theory, no doubt.

Lucas' vision for Star Wars really was black and white. I mean seriously, starkly, brutally black and white. There was no middle ground. Empire bad, rebel good. Sith bad, jedi good. Dark side bad, light side good.
The Death Star was built to terrify and kill because that's what an evil empire would do. Just go around and murder its own subjects.

Lucas' Star Wars is really quite stupid. It's the expanded stuff and fan theories that made it better.
Still better than Disney's SJW Wars, though.
>>
>>36651158
>>36651599

I agree with these two posts, but aren't movies like Star Wars just movies? I mean, the whole idea of characters in movies isn't that a man watching Luke Skywalker will eventually have the strength to fight stormtroopers himself, is it? The idea is that a man watching Luke Skywalker's 'Hero's' Journey' will come to have more inner strength to say... stand up to his boss... or fight against some small injustice he has the power to change, or whatever, isn't it? At least, this is generally the idea that's promoted by those who want you to think that movies have any real value like that.

So isn't it possible that a woman watching the female character in Rogue One could learn to be a little more confident in say, telling her mother to stop bullying her, or finding the confidence to leave a job she hates to get a job she likes? Yes, women are privileged... and assertive, demanding women are shitty... but in theory can't anyone learn a bit to be more 'heroic'?

Obviously the newest Star Wars are just pandering to female narcissism, but I find it funny how so many males focus on fighting the empty fight against 'cultural' feminism, when there are significantly more fucked up things like... males still being subject to the draft in the US...or gender-segregation in prisons...or the charging\prosecution\sentencing gap between men and women...etc.

It's almost like you're a mindless consumer bitching and complaining about things you have no power over anyway.
>>
>>36653726
Yeah, you're right. It was constant nods to A New Hope. I hear the next one is going to be even worse. They're bringing Lando back and they're going to Cloud fucking City.
No imagination at all.
>>
>>36653745
>Disney's SJW Wars
kek'd
yeah, I was really kind of pissed off that the new movie just trashed all of the extended universe Star Wars after the 6th episode. I fucking grew up reading all of the EU books and now they're not even canon anymore. Now it's this SJW bullshit that's canon
>>
>>36653746
>watch star wars
>get the courage to stand up to your mean old mother
>kill her with a blow torch while pretending the fiery beam is a lightsaber
>>
Not even that misogynistic but I agree. I've never met a woman who had real aspirations or was a pleasure to talk to. It feels like I'm talking to some sort of robot someone else programmed a personality for and for some reason they decided to make it as illogical and bland as possible. Pretty girls, ugly girls, they're all the same mentally. If it wasn't for their vaginas I'd rather be talking to a goldfish tank.
>>
>>36653811
And who the fuck cares if the EU is canon or not?
Did you enjoy it? That's all that matters
Nobody is going to magically remove that from you
>>
>>36651195
first post best orginal post
>>
>>36653137

>are, as men, complex individuals
>and the best in

Objectively, no. You're not being argued with, you're being asked to accept objective reality and your screeching "NOOOo u mommy virginsnusns"

Are you on your period?
>>
>>36653746
>gender-segregation in prisons
Seems like a good idea unless you want a prison full of convicted pregnant woman
>>
File: women-to-work.jpg (27KB, 261x370px) Image search: [Google]
women-to-work.jpg
27KB, 261x370px
>>36651277
>They were just token love interests for the main characters.

But they played a crucial role in political and plot related progression. They weren't just the love interest. They weren't the main characters, which I think is equally as good as their "stronger" roles in the series.

I agree that ultimately the hero should be a man, but women are very important too. Complete hate for women is irrational, NatSoc understood very well the value of a strong and capable women who also knew her place in society.
>>
>>36651695
I can totally AGREE to this. It's annoying af and depressing. Enough with the politics. I want to ditch my Facebook and iPhone because of this shit. It sucks.
>>
>>36654684

>Seems like a good idea unless you want a prison full of convicted pregnant woman

Why would this be a problem? Most women's "prisons" have maternity and childcare facilities. Many prisoners in male prisons are having sex with female wardens. The idea that prison gender-segregation is about the threat of unwanted pregnancy is just something you've imagined. Prisons used to be far more gender-integrated, feminists sought to separate the genders because of the doctrine of "female moral superiority" (their own words).

When 'male prisons' exist, it allows society to basically warehouse men rather than deal with the social causes (mostly women) that create genuine male criminals in the first place. It also allows society to have huge sections of law (like 'sex crimes' and 'domestic violence' legislation) that specifically target men. If prisons were gender-integrated (they've been racially integrated, they were at one stage racially segregated), you'd see a much bigger social effort to address the actual functional causes of criminality rather than just throwing men in prison, and you'd see less crime in turn.
>>
I don't really watch many films any more because they're all Jewish social engineering shit, but I don't have a problem with movies having female leads, or racial minorities, or whatever.

As long as they were not included just for some political signalling.

It pisses me off when you point this out and people say "You just hate women/minorities!".
I don't hate them, I hate blatant fucking pandering.
It's like tokenism, but with the main character.

On the topic of women in media, it bothers me to a great extent that the idea of a"strong woman" has pretty much become a woman acting like a man.
That's not what a woman should be striving for, and it devalues real femininity.
Of course this is all part of a Jewish feminist goal to destroy gender roles and the family unit so our children are more open to their subversion.
>>
Mark Hamil is shitting all over the new saga. One good point he made was Han, Luke, and Leia should of had a onscreen moment, or Luke and Leia there to witness Hans death, it's like they forgot Leila can talk telepathically to Luke through the force. The biggest emotional connection to a character onscreen I had was Chewbacca.
>>
File: 1493439044955.jpg (62KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
1493439044955.jpg
62KB, 600x475px
>>36651158 (OP)
I see where you're comming from but, don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit?

I mean, yeah gender and race quotas are always annoying, but you can't deny that seeing that spoiled little white boi being defeated by BLACKED was something entertaining
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.