[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/, it's me again. I'm the one who essentially stalked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170429-173730.png (86KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429-173730.png
86KB, 1080x1920px
/r9k/, it's me again. I'm the one who essentially stalked his former oneitis and ended up on the phone for an hour and a half Wednesday evening.
I'm getting ready to follow up with a text message tomorrow, but I'm a little uncertain of what to say. I know keeping it simple and conversational will induce a good chance of her replying to me, so here's what I'm thinking:
>something asking about her weekend
>maybe I mention that I enjoyed our chat?
>leave it as a question and about her
So, any tips? Here's some key points from our conversation that have me worried:
>she said I scared her both in high school and this last week by coming onto her too suddenly and strongly
>she says she'll answer me if I want to talk even if it isn't right away; she's got a very full schedule and obviously I'm not a priority to her
>I didn't get to say a real goodbye on the phone as her roommates came home and she had to go but I did say I'd text her soon
>also I don't want her to feel obligated to talk to me but I feel like I shouldn't bring this up as I said it multiple times in the beginning of our phone call
>she asked if it was whether I needed someone to talk to or if I still had feelings that made me call her, I answered with both, that I needed to talk to her because I never did as often as I'd have liked, but that I'm over her in the sense that I know we'll never have anything more than friendship and that's fine because I really want her friendship
But I want to save the more deep stuff, either for a phone call or a conversation that already started. I figure a page-long text as a follow up will just freak her out. I know right now I'm overthinking it big time and will definitely fuck things up if I do it myself.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ just leave her alone she clearly isn't interested. You're an annoyance in her life at the moment.
You don't need to talk to her ever again, why chase someone who is merely putting up with your bullshit out of some misguided attempt at being nice.
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>36650108
Anon listen to me, you do not have any chance with this girl. I didn't see any previous threads you may have made but from the quick rundown alone, you're fucking done and apparently have been since high school. What are you still trying to talk to this girl for? If it's just to apologize for what you put her through before, do that and then stop. If you have some delusion that you have an actual chance of winning her, just stop immediately
>>
>>36650259
>>36650290
That's the thing, is that I'm not looking to be in a relationship with her at this point in my life. We live 800 miles apart and she has her life and I have my very routine life. Secretly if she had said "Oh okay I'll break up with my boyfriend come over" I would have dropped everything to do it, but that's far beyond the realm of possibility. And I accepted that that ship sailed long ago, but drunkenly finding my way back into her presence awakened a floodgate of wanting to try something all-new with her.
I literally just want to be her friend. Not her best friend, or someone she thinks about all the time even, but a friend nonetheless.
I had always loved being her friend and when I confessed how I felt to her I was happy even when she said no because we stayed friendly. When she slowly distanced herself from me, not even sparing passing glances at me, I began regretting it because I missed the days of yore.
So while I have no close friends and could desperately use one, I just want her to be "a" friend, someone from my old life I can talk to here and there because in the end of our phone call even, we managed to have a fairly normal and just fun conversation about where we're at these days. And I'm not good at flowing conversations but there's a dynamic there where I can think on my feet and I love the way her mind works and the things she says.
So although I've romanticized her existence beyond belief, I just want to make up for the time we lost before and nothing more or ulterior.
>>
>>36650505
TL;DR, how should I follow up the phone call that reconnected us?
>>
File: autism.jpg (24KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
24KB, 277x296px
>>36650505
You can't make up for the past and that phone call didn't reconnect you. You've got to fucking drop it, if all you're looking for is a friend find a different one that you haven't creeped out and stalked for years on end
>>
>>36650108
>>she said I scared her both in high school and this last week
>>she's got a very full """schedule"""
Le I'm busy meme.
Do yourself a favor and just delete her number. No follow-up, no final goodbye.
>>
>>36650608
I don't think I made it clear maybe. She doesn't straight out know I was fawning over her day in and day out for the majority of the last 3 years and I don't plan on admitting it.
And although the first half of our talk was about the situation at hand and how it made her feel and apologies and whatnot, the other half was rhythmic and natural and felt like the kind of conversation two old friends would just... HAVE.
>>
I hate all of you. You deserve nothing but gas; worse than a trap thread.
sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>36650609
If she was coming up with excuses she would've found a way off of the phone before 90mins passed and she literally was leaving her home. I think.
>>
>>36650720
Trust me, I've gone through the very same thing, just that it had been twice as long since we've last met and I did it in person. Nothing positive can be gained from you trying to become friends again, I'm sorry.
>>
>Hey, how's life been treating you since the other day?
How does that sound?

>>36650836
If that's what happens then fine, I haven't got anything to lose. But either way I need to try
>>
File: Give Up.jpg (30KB, 334x372px) Image search: [Google]
Give Up.jpg
30KB, 334x372px
>>36650895
FUCKING STOP, you've already tried enough you autist! I'm telling you you're done already, leave this person alone
>>
>>36651142
I'd rather have the finality of every bridge burned than the uncertainty of one bridge.
>>
>>36651218
You don't understand. Every bridge is already burned for you. You're beating a dead horse, she's forced to humor you because she's too nice/scared/whatever to outright block you. You're seeing some sort of opportunity or something that isn't actually there, all you're doing pushing things further is causing some person extra discomfort
>>
>>36651281
Niceness goes only so far though, right? So you're saying if I flat out tell her "You're under no obligation to talk to me," and "I'll be totally fine without you," (because I have been before) etc, she would still humor me?
>>
>>36651341
Yes, because those statements reek of passive aggressive bullshit. Please trust me on this, I'm not just shitting on you when I say you're really done and need to stop.
>>
>>36651434
Okay, one last thing then, is there a way to say those things that doesn't sound backhanded or like I'm trying to guilt her? Or is it all just tone, because I am serious about those things.
>>
>>36650108

Anon, we all know it really hurts, it burns your body and mind when all the chances are gone, when there's nothing to do anymore.
But you have to forget, even if you've got nothing to lose now, you are just making her uncomfortable.
Switch your perspective on this relationship, if it's hard to completely forget her, just treat her as a muse, idealize her, separate her from the actual person and at the end you will end up forgetting the flesh that is her.
New people will come around, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.
Don't harm yourself for a woman.
>>
>>36651488
There really isn't, if you're feeling the need to tell her these things things are already fucked. You should really quit before you make things even worse, forget about her and start fresh
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.