[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"More on pop music. It's amazing that this garbage

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: portrait.jpg (32KB, 308x345px) Image search: [Google]
portrait.jpg
32KB, 308x345px
>"More on pop music. It's amazing that this garbage is held up as progressive, artistic, intellectual, when really it's an uneducated fool without any teeth and gold chains all over him bragging about selling drugs, murdering people, and how much money he makes. The only difference between that and a minstrel show is that pop music producers have actually found black people to act for them, instead of having to don blackface themselves.

>Then there's America's weird pseudo-protestant fetishization of money as a virtue, as though making a fortune as a paid clown is somehow as virtuous as a doctor, lawyer, or teacher who earned their fortune through their own contributions to society. It seems like most people even think it's more virtuous, because doing hard things that actually require some intelligence is seen as "upper class" and thus pretentious/exclusive, whereas any retard can "make it" as a professional idiot.

>Sometimes I feel as though our entire civilization has been hijacked by Satan himself. Everything I see in popular society runs so contrary to anything decent or worth living for. Nothing but an orgy of selfishness, victimization, debauchery, and nihilism. Earlier today I was listening to a podcast called "guys we fucked" or something like that. It's one of Apple's most listened to podcasts, and it basically consists of two uninteresting bimbos saying "fuck" for shock value and being generally bitchy, shallow, and utterly repulsive human beings. This is considered political activism in our post-political secular age.

>The only glimmer of hope I've been able to find is the Quran. Submission to God and living a decent morally upright life, that makes sense. All the noise on the radio and television is nothing but a spiritual and intellectual black hole. It's no wonder Islamists would rather go out in a hail of bullets than accept our "superior" western lifestyle."

Is he right /r9k/?
>>
>>36648449
>mfw I had exactly the same thoughts except for the Quran stuff
>>
>>36648449

No muslim was ever right about anything
>>
>>36648449
Huh, I guess I'm a Muslim now.
>>
>>36648523
This. Whoever that literally who is, Islam is blue pill. But the rest is correct.
>>
File: 1491459420813.jpg (36KB, 720x611px) Image search: [Google]
1491459420813.jpg
36KB, 720x611px
>SJWs love Islam even though it goes directly against their leftist values
>/pol9k/ hates Islam even though their ideaology is largely the same
Hmmm
>>
I just listened to this podcast you mentioned for a 6 minutes. I've had enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwfvgsqG38

I need another fucking drink.

>The only glimmer of hope I've been able to find is the Quran. Submission to God and living a decent morally upright life, that makes sense. All the noise on the radio and television is nothing but a spiritual and intellectual black hole. It's no wonder Islamists would rather go out in a hail of bullets than accept our "superior" western lifestyle."

Rly anon?
>>
>>36648676
>ideaology is largely the same
I, and most of /pol/, are first and foremost white nationalists. Islam is inherently anti-european, anti-Western, and antiwhite. I don't give a shit about lgbt or abortion, I just feel sick watching our societies be irreversibly obliterated by migration.
>>
File: crap.png (983KB, 1896x910px) Image search: [Google]
crap.png
983KB, 1896x910px
I don't think I'm in any position to criticize anyone else when I browse a forum whose front page looks like this. /r9k/ is far worse for my soul than pop music yet here I am.
>>
>>36648721
kill the traitor before the enemy, my man
>>
Who the fuck are you quoting? Malcolm X has been dead for 50 years That's longer than rap has been around, let alone podcasts.
>>
>>36648721
>implying the forced importation of Muslims to the west isn't a Zionist conspiracy that has very little to do with Islamic ideals and is instead a diversion to distract "red-pilled" people like yourself from the Jewish problem
>>
>>36648847
This anon is correct. Muslims are only a symptom of the real problem.
>>
>>36648676
This.

I'd give my left nut to see a coalition of traditionalists, multiculturalists (aside from the millennial globalist "melting pot" ideology most immigrants wanting to preserve their values and traditions are conservatives at heart), and the deep ecology environmentalist camp. They'd be an unstoppable political force for good.

But morons like >>36648721 would rather divide us because apparently Islam is "anti-white", despite being a religious continuation of christianity founded by white arabs.
>>
File: Kendrick-Lamar_12-07-2015.jpg (35KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick-Lamar_12-07-2015.jpg
35KB, 304x304px
>DNA
>Gimme some ganja, gimme some ganja
>DNA
>Gimme some ganja
>Real nigga in my DNA
>Ain't no ho inside my DNA
>Drippin' gold inside my DNA
>Power shows inside my DNA
>DNA
>Gimme some ganja, gimme some ganja
>Real nigga in my DNA
>Ain't no ho inside my DNA

This guy is the artistic and intellectual inspiration for a generation of disenfranchised youth.

What does that say about our society?
>>
>>36649004
Wow Kendrick Lamar is a talentless hack. News at 11
>>
>>36648449
malcom x never said this though
>>
File: Jose-Ortega-y-Gasset44.jpg (44KB, 576x694px) Image search: [Google]
Jose-Ortega-y-Gasset44.jpg
44KB, 576x694px
>>36648449
This is the culture of the Mass Man. There are no social classes anymore, no distinction between nobles and commoners. Now everyone is a commoner. As a result there's no such thing as high culture anymore either. The Mass Man is content with the simplest entertainment and he despises anyone with niche interests or knowledge. This is why you can't go around telling people you like classical music anymore, or deride people for watching The Walking Dead.
>>
>>36648449
A lawyer is a paid clown.
>>
The Quran stuff is a little much but I think he's right. Malcolm X definitely did not say this though. This sounds like someone describing rap music. Podcasts did not exist in the 60s.
>>
Why haven't you taken the real red-pill, r9k?
>>
>>36649412
>talks about podcasts
yeah pretty sure good ol malcolm was not listening to any of those

i actually don't get what OP is going for here. is he just trying to write some fake deep shit and pass it off as malcolm x?

also OP already posted this garbage on /lit/
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/9441126
including this >>36649004

i am genuinely confused at the intention here
>>
>>36650364
to start a discussion about the banality of modern entertainment, mostly.
>>
>>36650388
i mean, i get that part i guess

i'm more confused about why you opened with a bunch of trite and pretentious "commentary," inexplicably dropped in a reference to the quran, and attached it to a picture of malcolm x and tried to pass it off as if someone other than you (i.e. malcolm x) had written it when it's obvious that he didn't.

do you think your thoughts on "modern life" or whatever are interesting or original?
do you think dropping in nonsensical islam references will make people take the bait? (you might be onto something here actually)
do you think blocking off your own retarded journal entries with greentext will legitimize your thoughts?

you need to kill yourself
>>
>>36648681
>literally referenced Tracy couple of times
Can't make this shit up
>>
>>36648721
You didn't even address his point. You just explained the same ideology that he called hypocritical.

People like you are a minority, and I'm so glad.
>>
>>36648449
Op, please give me the source.
>>
>>36648449
Malcom X listened to podcasts?
>>
>>36650518
You sound pretty buttblasted. Did I offend your favorite music genre or something?
>>
>>36650697
that's cuba gooding jr, pleb.
>>
>>36650688
My ass, why?
>>
>>36650718
i agree with him. as banal as modern entertainment may be, your observations have a distinct banality of their own, as they have been repeated ad nauseum and you haven't brought anything new to the table other than praising islam.

i agree with some things you said, but what is the point? make yourself a slave to islam instead of mindless, hedonism and consumerism? virtue is nothing if it is not freely chosen.
>>
>>36650769
I just was wondering. You seem to be very defensive.
>>
File: notanargument.jpg (518KB, 1275x1200px) Image search: [Google]
notanargument.jpg
518KB, 1275x1200px
>>36650799
>virtue is nothing if it is not freely chosen.
defend this
>>
>>36648449
I didn't know podcasts and Apple existed back when Malcolm X was still alive
>>
>>36650802
If it were your ass that needed answering you would be too
>>
>>36650856
if coercion is involved (fear of god punishing, family chastising, or community ostracizing you), then you are not behaving virtuously. you are simply bending to authority out of fear of punishment. you are just as much a slave as any hedonist but instead of being a slave to your own desire for pleasure, you are a slave to your desire to avoid pain.

when people blindly follows a religious doctrine without forming a personal moral compass based on critical thought, they are the same sort of people who blindly follow pop culture trends. they are doing what is expected of them to avoid being an outsider and dealing with the consequences of having genuine beliefs. they are no more virtuous, even if their behavior appears to be more acceptable to you.
>>
>>36650718
no
you have a serious care of unwarranted self importance
kill yourself
>>
>implying secularism has shit to do with the shallow, anti-intellectual garbage he rightly criticized
>thinking the Quran is anywhere near the ideal solution to an idiocracy

Otherwise good, but still a blue-pilled religious dumbass.
>>
>>36651465
Do impure motives void a positive action?
Why does intent matter if it results in a (hypothetical) definitively better outcome?
>>
>>36648449
He's right about how shallow we are as a society. And this applies for all Americans, not just the black ones.
>>
>>36651586
Not the guy you responded to but maybe IF that were the case, you'd have something worth talking about. However, that's not true. There have actually been studies done on this, and in every imaginable metric, the less religious a society is, the more prosperous and happy.
>>
>>36648876
White nationalist don't give a fuck about (((christianity))) you r/the_donald browsing faggot.
>>
>>36651815
Fair enough, but we've arrived at an impasse without numbers. Ironically, that's something I'm not prepared to take on faith.
>>
>>36651586
>Do impure motives void a positive action?
i don't really believe that the motives are impure and i also take issue with the idea that islam has positive connotations, overall. that's beside the point, though. i just believe that a person like this deserves no more praise than the people criticized in the OP. the majority of people in both groups are simply going along with their cultural mores because it's the easiest way to get along. virtue has nothing to do with it.

>Why does intent matter if it results in a (hypothetical) definitively better outcome?
again, i will say that i doubt that islam brings about a better outcome.

however, my main problem with this is that a group of people who blindly submit to authority can easily be manipulated into any action. they may be manipulated or coerced into supposedly virtuous acts right now, but who is to say that later on, they won't be rused into behaviors that are not helping anyone at all? why is it so easy to turn a muslim into a terrorist? for the same reason it's easy to turn a muslim into a "virtuous" person. they are taught not to question authority and they are easily brainwashed because they don't understand that the real virtue is in thinking for themselves. this is dangerous. they are easily led, just like the walking dead drones are led to buy whatever products appear in the commercials they are exposed to over and over.

maybe i am oversimplifying the situation, especially with terrorism, but hopefully you understand my point. if you can't or won't make your decisions freely, then it is just as likely that you will behave "badly" as it is that you will behave "virtuously," and the only difference is in how the authority you submit to chooses to advise you to behave in the moment.
>>
File: 1471188536063.jpg (39KB, 485x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471188536063.jpg
39KB, 485x481px
>>36648449
>Malcolm X talking about Apple
>>
He never said any of this

Apple wasn't even made then
>>
>>36648449
>Be Muslim
>Move to western country with progressive, feminist, Jewish atheist culture
>Have slut daughter who blows men wearing a hijab on film
LOL, the next generation when the muslim immigrants become (((westernized))) is going to be hilarious.
>>
>>36651871
Thanks for your answers. I wasn't OP and I wouldn't defend Islam individually but I'm not sure I buy into your libertarian premise.
Do you believe that individuals collectively will be able to arrive at better moral resolutions using democratic means (and similar) than faith/doctrine based societies?
Do you believe that people are moral enough to not have any sort of imposed arbiter of right and wrong, strength?
>>
>>36648563
What about all those Muslim mathematicians?
>>
>>36651866
Sure, here's some of the first results from Google.

https://newrepublic.com/article/117131/religiosity-social-dysfunction-linked-pew-study

http://www.gallup.com/poll/142727/religiosity-highest-world-poorest-nations.aspx

http://www.journalofhappiness.net/frontend/articles/pdf/v04i01/10.pdf
>>
>>36648449
>podcast

Not written by Malcolm X, folks...
>>
>>36651977
>Do you believe that individuals collectively will be able to arrive at better moral resolutions using democratic means (and similar) than faith/doctrine based societies?
yes. i don't believe in the divinity of religious doctrines so i believe that these were probably collectively accepted values that were eventually formalized through religion and enforced with threat of punishment from god or the religious establishment, very similarly to how we now use the criminal justice system to enforce laws we have collectively decided upon.

i believe that most useful moral conclusions can be arrived at through logical means, rather than relying on faith based behavioral control which also introduces new problems and provides very little room for questioning or change.

i am not sure that there is anything that is inherently morally correct, in and of itself but i believe that you can start out with simple premises that nearly everyone agrees with and from that, you can build a set of rules that govern society so that the majority are satisfied.

i can't know if what i believe is right or whether it would make society a better placce and i don't know that there is any ultimate moral truth but my personal ideals, and my observation of the consequences in real life, tell me that this is a better way to live than through blind faith. it also allows for adjustment based on new facts or information, which i believe is important.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.