[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one act when they're confident? I heard the "fake

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 9qeyobka-58f47230d3c59__880.jpg (148KB, 880x1186px) Image search: [Google]
9qeyobka-58f47230d3c59__880.jpg
148KB, 880x1186px
How does one act when they're confident? I heard the "fake it til you make it" method works, but I've had low confidence for so long that I don't even know what confidence looks like anymore.
>>
B-bump. ;_;

Help me brobots. I don't want to be here forever
>>
>>36647416
Highly similiar to just not giving a fuck. In fact, that's mostly what it is. You do something and don't give a fuck about what others think about it.
You're too autistic for this though. You'd just end up alienating people and looking like you're crazy.
>>
>>36647581

>implying this isn't my life

I try not to give a fuck and I end up looking like an out of touch asshole.
>>
>>36647674
See that bit about autism?
>>
remember: girls like sports, so just act like you know a lot about old sports trivia. she will be all over you dude. you're welcome in advance
>>
You need to win something. Whether it is a muscular body, a real college degree, a sexy gf, a high salary at a job you like, or even something as small as getting your driver's license. Attaining something somewhat challenging can help boost your confidence.

Most robots are playing catch up with their peers, so small steps are encouraged at first.

The best way to feel what confidence feels like is to have a few beers until you're buzzed. Remember that feeling and strive to emulate that. put forth your best self based on who you are, where you came from, and where you're going. People naturally gravitate towards confident people, so you will notice more and more people talking to you positively. Much like a snowball going down a mountain, confidence is all about momentum.
>>
>>36647893
Drinking just makes me dopey and tired.
>>
>>36647923

Stop being low energy then
>>
>>36647581
>You do something that's within the parameters of what's socially acceptable and tame (but not too tame) and normal and regular but without showing that you think acting like this makes you a total fucking tool
Fixed.

"Just be yourself" means "just be the you that we want you to be, stop being weird".
>>
File: just be confident bro.jpg (46KB, 340x410px) Image search: [Google]
just be confident bro.jpg
46KB, 340x410px
>>36647416
"Act confident" is code for be attractive. If an unattractive person and an attractive person do the same behaviour the attractive person will be perceived as doing it with confidence whereas the unattractive one will not be.

Note: attractiveness means face, height, and to a lesser extent, frame.
>>
>>36647949

It's really not that hard to not do retarded shit, anon. You guys act like not being an autist is some godly feat.
>>
>>36647893

Well, I have a car and a job. I feel fine about myself when I''m alone, but my cripplingly low confidence kicks in as soon as I'm around other people because i realize by comparison what a spaghetti cannon I really am. I''m the sort of person that will only talk to people a few years younger than me because I feel too weird and undesirable to talk to people my own age. At least with younger people, they come into the conversation assuming I have something worthwhile to say.
>>
>>36648028

Thanks for the advice, Norman. If I could figure out how not to sperg out at the smallest provocation, do you really think I would have started this thread?
>>
>>36648117

See this right here? Don't do that.
>>
>>36648789

Suck my cock. I'd really, really like you of you did that.
>>
>>36647416
I have started to act openly spergy and sincere. I don't hold necessary comments, and say whatever shit I want.
Now people seem to like me, they invite me to drink and smoke weed with them.
Search the right people to do this, obviously chads and stacies won't aprecciate this, but the "alternative" people will tend to like you.
>>
>>36648047
Start going to the gym, stack cash, talk to people everywhere you go.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.