[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/philosophy/ Any edgy philosophical talks you robots wanna vent

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 1493137607880.jpg (108KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493137607880.jpg
108KB, 960x540px
/philosophy/
Any edgy philosophical talks you robots wanna vent on
>mfw nihilism is my only way to think since I became an atheist
>Rick is my phil daddi
>>
>>36646453
Life is a completely random occurrence in the normality one would call the void and nothingness
>>
>>36646453
Ur asking for a roasting
DESU tho I think rick and Morty would've been a robot favorite if the normies hadn't ransacked it. All the criticism I hear from here about it is valid, yet feels like they are trying pretty hard to dislike it. Yes some of the humor is autistic, but since when do we autists care cbout thtat?

Philosophy wise, I am torn between the absolute fact that there is no inherent morality in this vast and cold universe. I am torn between is fact, and the fact that nothing we do matters. This seems to lead to "I'm gonna get the headshot high score" mentality, but despite these facts, i still feel deeply that life is sacred.
I struggle to reconcile my mind with my heart. My mind says human life is worthless and temporary, but my heart says we are miracles and should cling to life as hard as possible.

I think the problem with America is that this philosophy is so prevalent. Philosophers and the like should've kept this as their biggest secret. Humanity should nevertheless have been allowed to know just how meaningless it all is.
>>
File: Albert-Camus-74_lg.jpg (160KB, 1321x900px) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus-74_lg.jpg
160KB, 1321x900px
>>36646453
It seems like nihilism is an inevitability after enough time experiencing the world and evaluating it. Where do you go from there?

Personally I like the idea of the absurd hero but I imagine it's easier to pull off when you're a philosophy Chad like Camus and spend your time smoking, drinking and doing the sex.
>>
>>36646453
I've recently been unironcially turning into a Stirnerite egoist. People meme him up a lot, but I can't find any reason to justify not following egoism.
>>
I'm trying to be as indifferent towards live as is possible for a living being. Most philosophy just seems silly no matter how legitimate it is.
>>
>>36646507
It's exactly right, I figure most robots are nihilists
>>
>philosophy
>nihilism
>rick and morty
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>36646692
Philosophy is undoubtedly the most silly and harmful practice and desire of all humanity. It started out beneficial back when they took things for granted, such as a good God, the worth of human life, etc. However, as philosophy advanced, grew smarter, they realized you can't assume anything.

Philosophy is one of the rare subjects where it's advancement led to its ruin.
>>
>>36646774
Wow I'm sure no one expected that reply! Wow! Clever XdXdXd
Nice hivemind you got there.
>>
I watched Sunset Limited recently and It's quite a great philosophical movie.

The dialogue literally god tier.
>>
>>36646816
philosophy just turned into physics

Instead of just sitting around thinking up bullshit like Aristotle, people like Newton started actually testing out and proving their bullshit mathematically.

They're attempting to answer the same questions, just one is factual and the other is quackery
>>
File: 508372664.jpg (27KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
508372664.jpg
27KB, 612x408px
Anyone arguing for nihilism is just being edgy
>>
I actually think reading Deleuze could help a lot of robots to understand life and the world better and improve themselves and their self-esteem.
>>
>>36646816
philosophy got too meta. Getting meta ruins everything. We just have to keep ourselves deluded that we can't view this from a wider viewpoint that makes it all look moot.
>>
>>36646507
How many joints do I have to roll to think this basic knowledge is some kind of life defining enlightenment?
>>
>>36646698
Nihilism is normie: the ideology
>>
>>36647151

nihilism is for the edgy and the truly hopeless
>>
>>36646453
>reddit and memey
Return from whence you came.
>>
>>36646453
>nihilism because atheism
Please stop. You make sane athiests look bad.
>>
>>36647948
How the fuck is it for the hopeless?
>>
>>36647948
and the intellectually honest.
>>
>>36646453
Who here /solipsist/?
>>
>>36646453
>rick and morty

REDDIT GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36646453
>le god doesnt le exists morty xP

this is the apex point of libcuck humor, think about that
>>
>>36647993
If you're asking this question, you don't understand solipsism.
>>
>>36648032
this triggers the drumpfkin
>>
>>36646453
>IIII'MMM PICKLE RICKKKK!!!! LOL
>>
Nihilism is a fucking garbage

There is inherent morality, and you fucking know what it is
>>
>>36648032
yet another example of cuckservative's inability to have fun or enjoy anything
>>
>>36647665
Agreed. Deleuze, Sartre and Evangelion.
Nihilism is a liberation, not an elaborate excuse to complain about being a robot.
>>
>>36648059
Let me guess. It,s Jesus.
>>
>>36648052
>drumpfkin
hello normie
>>
>>36648033
that's the joke, pal
>>
>>36648083
Jesus isnt a morality. He was a prophet.
Most people understand what morality is, they just dont care. If you actually dont, Jesus wouldnt be a bad place to start although it is a little basic
>>
>>36648033
How so?
I didnt know solipsism meant not interacting with anything
>>
You are a robot, nihilism says we shouldn't be held back by morals because it's made to protect the weak, you can't thrive in today's society so what makes you think you could do it in a society without rules being ruled by the strong
>>
Normie:
>fucks sluts because he wants to get laid
>smokes weed and needs drugs to relax
>doesn't care what people he doesn't care about think #noonecanjudgeme (but secret does and only pretends to in order to look cool)
>drinks and goes clubbing because it's the only way he can have fun
>doesn't care about anything unless it's in the immediate future
>thinks his music taste is somehow special or unique
>thinks stupid memes are actually funny
>thinks Rick and Morty is deep

Nihilist:
See above
>>
My main problem with nihilism is it makes sense when you're a detached observer. Life kind of flies by and nothing matters.

But it changes when you're in a panic situation, I start to realise exactly how much I want to live and how much life means to me. It's the result of chronic panic attacks, in that you learn how much your environment means to you on a personal level.
>>
>>36647917
If you're already old enough to browse this website, you're probably beyond help.
>>
>>36648215
I can already tell this is going to be underrated.
>>
File: enhanced-4665-1396892134-1 (1).jpg (104KB, 576x747px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-4665-1396892134-1 (1).jpg
104KB, 576x747px
>>36648216
Wouldn't nihilist hedonist egoism still fall under the label of nihilism? Because this is the position, I think, most self proclaimed nihilists would take.
>>
>>36646453
How do we know that your consciousness from moment to moment is the "same" consciousness? Isn't it possible that every time you sleep you die, and another consciousness wakes up in your body with all of your memories and personality thinking they are you?
>>
>>36646453
We're here and we can't agree on why. Might as well make the best of what little time we're given.

The end
>>
File: SOypRIs[1].png (132KB, 245x232px) Image search: [Google]
SOypRIs[1].png
132KB, 245x232px
stop being nihilist
>>
>>36648347
I don't get that reasoning.
A hedonist puts value in pleasure, and an egoist puts value in himself.
A nihilist believes nothing in the world has any value.
>>
>>36648392
No, because muh deeper meaning.
If you disagree with this, you're an edgy child.
>>
Pragmatism. What's the point in truth? Why does truth matter and why is it so important to us. Clearly it's important, and knowing the truth about things like weather you're about to drink sour milk is valuable, but why conform to the sad reality that life is meaningless when you can believe in an afterlife?
>>
>>36648410
stop trying to make pop philosophy a thing
look what it did to science
>>
File: makesyouthink.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
makesyouthink.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>36648392
What does it mean to make the best of something?
>>
For all the nihilists in this thread, try psychedelics. It puts a fun spin on nihilism.
>>
>>36648374
I think its more fluid, not necessarily that a completely different consciousness appears with each moment, just a slightly different one. Its like a half life thing with less and less similarity to the original consciousness but with an increasingly smaller original part that always remains. Sleep is like pausing it, although it will still remain fluid and changing, probably slower than when awake.
>>
>>36648469
Hallicunations are not evidence.
>>
File: 1492460980918.png (648KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492460980918.png
648KB, 900x720px
>>36646453
If you're a nihilist then you clearly haven't thought about philosophy for longer than five minutes while you were lying in bed struggling to sleep.
>>
>>36648429
Pop philosophy is already a thing kiddo
>>
>>36646453
i've never really looked into philosophy too much. however i will say that society is far from utilitarian. maybe like a nazi germany is trying to maximize efficiency but for hte most part society is just pointless shit to make a few people rich imho rather then actually harnassing our full potential and upping technological possibilities.
>>
>>36648478
Check out the Theseus paradox
>>
>>36648478
sleep is an evolutionary imperative to keeping our brain healthy.

you know this whole fluoride and pineal gland argument? ya the pineal gland is important in keeping our brain active, actually when you're sleeping is when your brain is most active... you literally are seeing in complete photographic memory. most people don't have photographic thinking ability as in imagine an object and see it in real time as if you're watching it in virtual reality. some savants have this ability though.

also sleep is important in ridding the brain of certain plaques that can build up that in time create dementia and alzheimers.
>>
>>36648412

when people say nihilism they usually think Nietzsche, and Nietzsche argued that there's no universal, inherent value in the universe, but that we can create our own meaning. so not necessarily.
>>
File: nietzsche with a gun.jpg (25KB, 524x400px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche with a gun.jpg
25KB, 524x400px
>>36648886
NIETZSCHE ISN'T A FUCKING NIHILIST
>>
>>36649469
>He's dead
*wasn't
>>
I recommend reading philosophy, and reading what other philosophers had to say about the thing you're reading. Companion guides are super nice to read as well.

Philosophy extends to so much more than the things we've covered in the thread.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.