[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been playing vidya close to 2 decades >still laughably

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: homer_falling.png (360KB, 657x495px) Image search: [Google]
homer_falling.png
360KB, 657x495px
>been playing vidya close to 2 decades
>still laughably bad at it
>don't even bother with multiplayer because I'll either make people mad by being clueless or get roasted
>>
Git gud u fucking scrub
>>
>>36641763
I'm in the same boat, OP. I've learned to embrace the suck and stick to single-player games and "friendly" multiplayer games on my 3DS.

Whatevs. There's much, much more to life than video games.
>>
>mfw I throw games in overwatch to be /devilish/
>>
How can you be an adult and still be bad at vidya? Like I don't expect people to be pro tier but basic competency is pretty hard to fuck up.
>>
>>36642292
I'm also very clumsy and slow witted IRL
>>
>>36642292
Not him, but every video game is different.

I mean sure one FPS isn't all that drastically different from another, you're still just clicking on people - but modern video games are incredibly diverse and in-depth. Like for instance Team Fortress 2 plays radicallly different from Overwatch even though they're both team-based third person shooters where you have to accomplish an objective. Every single character within each of those games takes dozens of hour to be decent at.

I'm 32, and video games in my day were relatively simple. Sure some games like Contra were hard, and even some Mario games were pretty hard but when you died you knew where you fucked up and the enemies and patterns stayed the same for you go about trial and error.

With a modern game that is open world and/or multiplayer where anything can happen from any direction, there are too many variables to consider. it's less about trial and error and more about lightning-sharp reflexes and re-emptive strategies.

Sometimes I don't want to have to read Sun Tzu's Art of War and take Adderal just to play video games. I just want to play something fun and easy and relaxing to wrap up my day. It doesn't have to be balls-to-the-walls over-the-top explosive action.
>>
>>36641763
>Spend hours on a single level of Portal

>even Skyrim's puzzles are hard enough for me to look up solutions

>get lost and wander around the Yakuza games and quit out of frustrations because they don't give you giant blinking markers on your map and mini-map for side-quests

>Start a Minecraft world, build a wood hut either in creative or survival, immediately delete my save because the rest of the process is too overbearing. Repeat a few times a year.
>>
>>36641763
Me too, I can't think or react fast enough and it's gotten worse with age.
>>
File: EotW-Scout.png (101KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
EotW-Scout.png
101KB, 840x480px
>>36641763
The hardest game I have ever played (that wasn't hard because it was shit) is still singleplayer, and indie at that. It's like if crafting and survival were a thing in the 80s.
>>
>>36641763
Fucking gamelets. I'd love to see you get rekt at CPMA
>>
File: 54666645656544.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
54666645656544.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>36641763
>be playing moba
>one guy rages for no reason
>spend rest of the game running around doing nothing while still getting underages btfo through chat
>>
>>36641763
Play non-action games like Civ, Magic or Pokemon
>>
>>36642952
Are you me?
I'm such a casual, it's not even funny.
>>
>>36644035
I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat.

and I wouldn't even call myself a casual either, because I try REALLY hard to play video games but I'm just mostly terrible at them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.