[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you doing anything this Saturday? Do you wish you were?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Amonkhet-Saturday.png (48KB, 410x318px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet-Saturday.png
48KB, 410x318px
Are you doing anything this Saturday? Do you wish you were?

Go out and play magic! Many places are doing a sealed event for the Amonkhet release.

What happens is you go the store, pay 30 bucks and get 6 packs. Open those packs and make your 40 card deck with those cards.

The events usually last around 3-4 hours, depending on the size.

You don't need a 4000 dollar deck to enjoy magic.
>>
>>36640257
If you are going, and have not played Magic before, make sure you take some time to learn how to play.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameplay/how-to-play
>>
>>36640257
For those who have never built a sealed deck, Channel Fireball did make a neat primer. https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-amonkhet-prerelease-primer/
>>
>>36640257

>its a major company trying to do viral marketing on r9k episode

well fuck
>>
>>36640703
I just want to play magic with more people.
Also I want to get rid of the notion that Magic requires expensive decks.
>>
>>36640257
I already know what would happen if I were to go to one of these things, I'd just be quiet and alone.
>>
This morning I was street preaching and I'll watch boxing tonight with parents (Joshua v Klitschko). Just relaxing in between.
>>
>>36640738
>This morning I was street preaching

Provide greentext ?

Why do you street preach ? Is it comfy ? What would happen if I talked to a street preacher ?
>>
>>36640734
Even if like me, you can't start a conversation, it's fine. It's a casual tournament setting, so matches are arranged for you.
>>
>>36640257
I'm not smart enough for strategy games. Being stupid really is the worst feel.
>>
>>36640760
I do it with my church. Group of us take turns do it for five minutes max in between songs then we disband and speak to people.

Long preaching isn't very effective because it just makes you look crazy and unless somebody is actively listening to the whole thing they won't get the message.

If you spoke to one of us we would try to share the Gospel and invite you to church. If you were very open we'd try and get you to accept Jesus and say a prayer of repentance.
>>
>>36640725

1) Magic is a shitty game
2) fuck off viral marketer
>>
>>36640809
>If you spoke to one of us we would try to share the Gospel and invite you to church. If you were very open we'd try and get you to accept Jesus and say a prayer of repentance.
shut the fuck up man
>>
>>36640809

Do you actually believe ? Why are you on r9k and where are you from ?
>>
>>36640826
Rude.

>>36640843
No. I'm on r9k because it's my online home. From England.
>>
>playing shitty collectible card games
>not playing glorious LCGs
Netrunner's where it's at.
>>
>>36640887

Why do you do it if you don't believe ?
>>
Magic isn't shit. It's fun to make one uber 1v1 deck.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>36640257
Why don't you advertise a CHEAP format with superior gameplay such as Pauper instead?

Oh wait, you're a Hasbro shill.
>>
>>36641490
There is like one person at my lgs that plays Pauper.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278KB, 1600x900px
>>36641818
Well, that's why you need to advertise it.

>It's cheap
>Doesn't rotate
>Diverse metagame
>Can play some of the strongest magic cards without restrictions (Ponder, Preordain, Probe, Brainstorm, Gush, ...)

What's not to like? It's the perfect format for newbies and experienced players alike.
>>
File: 1485725955537.jpg (22KB, 434x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485725955537.jpg
22KB, 434x450px
I wish I had friend to play with
I'm too shy to go to an lgs and online is a tad boring after a time
>>
>>36640257
Na I played from 93 to 02 also have every card from ever xpac etc during those dates and sealed boxes not sure the worth anymore was great fun
>>
>>36642435
I know, I have tons of fun jank on Cockatrice.
>>
>>36642471
Just go today. Just do it.

Don't let your memes stay memes.
>>
What the fuck is an lgs ?
>>
>>36642518
post pics of your boxes
>>
>>36643386
It means "local game store"
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.