[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are adults right now that don't remember a time

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1282180792055.gif (212KB, 390x380px) Image search: [Google]
1282180792055.gif
212KB, 390x380px
>There are adults right now that don't remember a time before the internet.

jesus christ I'm old
>>
>>36639210
did u ever use a rotary phone?
>>
I remember the creation of so many stupid memes. Battletoads, pools closed. Pepe. When reaction pics first took off here, and you'd see originals more than reposts.

I miss the brutal aggresion, honesty, goal orientated, and perhaps most of all the rare extraodinary intellect that used to pop up every now and again.

Now it's just gay, trap, furry, shemales, and goddamn cucks.

Funny, 4chan became what it despised.
>>
>>36639317
Yes. I'm surprised people think they're that old to be honest, not as old as people think. Or maybe I just am.
>>
>>36639386
I heard Louis CK talking about them, but my family stopped owning a landline like 5 yrs ago when I was 14, we never owned a rotary but I did see one in a thrift shop, pretty cool actually.

I understand tho, I still like VHS tapes and my little cousins (ages 8-11) don't know what the heck they are, like I had a VHS out in they kitchen when they came by (some classic movie) and they were legit "what the heck is this" and examining it like it was some exotic rock or something, yeah it feels weird being old
>>
Fuck it. Either i'm too old or theres too many children on here now. This thread will be the last thing I look at on 4chan.
>>
Joke's on them. They'll never know the rush of the first time your modem dials up successfully, and you realise how much information and fun is available to you just by a simple web address.
>>
>>36639499
I have a CRT TV in my room, and my friend's younger brother asked what the "big box on the back of the TV" is for.
>>
>>36639210
I do. And i'm only 24. I remember Nokia 3315, i remember N-Gage QD, i remember sony ericsson
>>
>tfw born in 1997
>tfw 20 years old
>>
>>36639499

You're old at 19? Goddamn i'm not waiting for this thread to die i'm going now.Even though you're all gone now It's been fun you goddamn retards. 4chan is lost
>>
>>36639553
Oldest mobile phone I remember someone actually using irl was the nokia 3210

Beyond that it was really shitty block size phones that I don't remember anyone using except in movies or TV. I remember when we first got a cordless house phone and it was a big deal though.
>>
>>36639556
Damn, did you play pokemon red/blue growing up or is that too early for you?

When did you first get the internet, and do you remember all forms of text based chat being excessively shortened? ("wat u up 2?" etc.)
>>
>>36639550
Dude that's funny, I actually like CRTs, do u ever watch Techmoan on YouTube? Got me kind of obsessed with vintage technology.

>>36639574
I'll be 20 in the fall so...
>>
>>36639902
I'll look it up. It's good to get youtube recommendations, it seems to be the only way to get decent small channels instead of shitty 10mil views "1000 degree hot knife vs $500 2000 degree hot knife kids react"
>>
>>36639654
My father had a brick phone. I still have a VHS player. I remember the siren song of the dial up modem and having to remember or write down phone numbers.
>>
File: 1484387238496.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1484387238496.gif
2MB, 380x285px
nostalgia is so fucking boring. I'm old, kids here trigger me once and a while, but whining about it is embarrassing.
>>
>>36639943
Yeah Techmoan's pretty cool, laid back middle aged British guy who likes vintage/obscure technology, I picked up a beautiful Teac reel to reel at a garage sale for 20 bucks because of his shows, it seems to work but I just have it in my room as decoration, it looks sick
>>
i'm 40 and i don't remember the time before internet. at least for me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.