[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you brush your teeth and what condition are they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

How often do you brush your teeth and what condition are they are in? I haven't actively brushed in years and my front teeth are starting to feel loose. I need to start again tomorrow.
>>
>>36635540
Every day you savage.
>>
Once a day in the morning for about three minutes. I'm too tired at night.
>>
File: brasset 8.jpg (99KB, 488x650px) Image search: [Google]
brasset 8.jpg
99KB, 488x650px
That's pretty fucking gross, OP.

I hate brushing too, and dislike the taste of toothpaste, but I do it anyway because I don't want rotten gums for the rest of my life.
>>
>>36635540
>How often do you brush your teeth and what condition are they are in? I haven't actively brushed in years and my front teeth are starting to feel loose. I need to start again tomorrow.

I brush my teeth around once a week

But I don't drink soda or get food stuck in my teeth so I think my teeth are in better condition than most people's

I really hate brushing, I think my method works pretty well

I might get a mouthwash soon, some anons on here told me that would help kill bacteria or something idk
>>
>>36635568
Mouthwash is great. As a senior in high school (2005-2006), I had terrible teeth. I had around a dozen cavities and I couldn't brush for more than a second or two because the bristles would instantly become stained with blood and it was incredibly painful. A week or two of mouthwash helped my gums recover enough that they no longer bled while brushing and I was able to get my oral hygiene back in good shape.
>>
about two times a week but I don't eat drink sugary things, they're ok but stained a bit (coffee)
>>
How fucking dense do you have to be to not spend literally less than 2 minutes washing your teeth 2 times a day

I mean, seriosly
>>
>>36635897
I'm not good at forming habits so it doesn't happen consistently, just when I feel they are noticeably unclean.
>>
I don't brush my teeth. My teeth are yellow and have plaque but they seem sturdy enough considering all the soda and sugary shit I drink.
>>
>>36635540
Once a week.
I never drink soda and other crap tier foods, I try to minimize processed foods in my diet and cook my own food.
I eat out once a month.Don't smoke, don't drink coffee or tea.
I do drink chocolate milkshake sometimes, but usually avoid milk and other sweet things.Teeth are normal, never had to go to the dentist, no bad breath,no pain, no nothing.Not exactly perarly white but not yellow either.
>>
>>36635540
So the American public school system prevents you from brushing/flossing after you eat your lunch, making it much harder to form the habit.
Now that I'm an adult, I brush AND floss every time after I eat. Sometimes I get turned on by anime girls brushing their teeth and spend extra time brushing while fapping.
I use a vibrating toothbrush not only because it works better than a regular toothbrush but because the bristles last longer for some reason.
I also substitute sugar for artificial sweeteners whenever I can.
>>
>>36636185
Holy shit wtf is wrong with you?

Once every few days is enough
I don't know why some people are so obsessed with brushing

You realize you are gonna brush off the enamel if you brush so much right?
>>
File: 165467616346.jpg (102KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
165467616346.jpg
102KB, 400x388px
>>36635540
I brush three times a day with expensive as fuck toothpaste, use floss twice a day and these little sticks as well to pull out any debre from between the teeth (dont know what theyre called in english)
My teeth are in tip top condition, I visit the dentist every 3 months and she always says my teeth look the best of all her patients
>>
>>36636211
It doesn't feel right to floss and not brush, and I can't nap after I eat if I have bits of food stuck within my teeth. I usually have one or two meals a day anyway.

Not to mention my anime waifu will leave me if I don't devote myself to her favorite pastime.
>>
File: 15646764646.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
15646764646.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>36636211
there is no obsession about brushing, its normal to brush atleast twice a day, no your enemel aint falling off, its strengethend through the ingredients of toothpaste and foodproducts that contain calcium, such as milk.
And you HAVE to brush, if you do it once every few days, bacteria will reside in between your teeth, iun your flesh, and it will be much harder to get them out again. The reason why you brush is to make it harder for bacteria to form a definite home in your mouth
>>
Tooth brushing is a scam. Humans went without brushing their teeth for thousands of years and they lived just fine.
>>
>>36636446
If your goal is just to "live" then all the more power to you.
>>
File: 165468746163.png (30KB, 351x143px) Image search: [Google]
165468746163.png
30KB, 351x143px
>>36636446
>they went thousands of years without brushing teeth
but they did, u retard, they used wood back then and used a knife to cut tiny little "brushes"
something like pic related
read a historybook lmao
>>
>>36636446

They didn't eat so much sugar and other shit that stick on your teeth aswell.

If you ate only apples for example, you would probably never need to brush because it auto cleanses. But since we eat tons of junk food we have to actually brush it.
>>
>>36636446
"Living" isn't the standard though. Of course they lived fine because not brushing your teeth won't kill you but those people that didn't clean their teeth lost them eventually or they became disgusting and gross.
>>
File: 64167468796463.jpg (85KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
64167468796463.jpg
85KB, 720x447px
>>36636446
>and they lived just fine
>>
>>36636521
That said, our knowledge of human history only goes back about 30,000 years. For all we know humans went the first 500,000 years before any kind of oral hygiene practices began.
>>
>>36636568
the people back then did have almost close to "proper" mouth hygiene though, they used primarily wood/bone toothpicks, it served as a nice substitute till toothbrushes became a thing
ofcourse, not everyone used them, theres plenty of people even nowadays that dont brush their teeth (british people)
>>
I'm at the point where I don't really care about brushing my teeth or how they turn out. I also consume a lot of sugary foods and drinks. I brush once every 3 or 4 days.

My teeth are decaying and gums receding. I have multiple cavities. There is visible decay on my front teeth, with a gap forming between them. One front tooth chipped and stands out amongst the already uneven ends of my teeth. I can't see myself a few years ahead anyways so I don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>36636521
yes before humans even knew how to build shelter and grow food they built fucking toothbrushes out of wood

retard
>>
File: 64687864164.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
64687864164.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>36636706
>before humans even knew how to build shelter and grow food
these people suffered from numerous diseases and health conditions,and how are they relevant to this topic?
if you actually thought people of old had healthy lifes you should rlly consider going back 2 school
>>
Sometimes twice a day, sometimes once every two days, yet they look perfectly fine. No yellowness or loose teeth, probably because I eat well.
>>
>>36636756
Do you seriously believe European people in medieval times or even antiquity regularly brushed their teeth with pieces of wood? Give me ONE source showing that this was a widespread practice.
>>
>>36636873
toothbrushes were used for thousands of years in places like asia, native americas, africa, europe. literally everywhere,
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toothbrush#History
cant believe i had to link this for you
>>
>>36636566
Ew delet this shit lol. Also checked.
>>
>>36636947
>Modern day toothbrushing as a regular habit became prevalent in Europe after contact with the Muslim world in Africa and Asia where the people's teeth remained healthy into old age
didn't even read your own source dumbass
>>
File: teeeth.jpg (21KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
teeeth.jpg
21KB, 400x267px
>>36635540
My teeth look like pic related. I brush them one or twice a week. I also have tonsil stones. Anyone else get those? They are a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>36635540
i swish with coconut oil in the morning and brush and floss every night. haven't had a cavity in about 10 years.
>>
>>36636334
Can you post a pic of what the little sticks look like? And what toothpaste are you using?
>>
>>36636947
>attempting to use wikipedia as a legit sauce
you didn't go very far in school huh
>>
>>36635540
Once per day. I hate doing it.
I can feel one cavity, hopefully it can be fixed.
>>
>>36635540
Once a day in the morning. I've had one cavity in 21 years. I suggest you start brushin', mang

>>36636446
Yeah but they lived until 25 and had terrible teeth even by then
>>
Twice a day with mouthwash after. The people that don't fucking disgust me. I bet their breath smells rancid. Keep that germ smeared armpit you call a mouth away from me
>>
File: 9469596401694.jpg (171KB, 1516x932px) Image search: [Google]
9469596401694.jpg
171KB, 1516x932px
>>36637171
the toothpaste has a very rough herbal taste, but you'll get used to it, any toothache will also go away immediatly by using this brand. also theres different kind of this brands, but you have to get the "red one", the other ones are generic fluoride toothpastes
The toothpicks are pic related, theres different styles of them and also when you try out one of them, make sure to look carefully how "big"they are, you do not want to get big ones of them becuse you'll ruin your teeth, since your going to use them in between your teeth, you do not want to have some weird wide teeth syndrome
>>
>>36637434
Stupid question but those picks look painful. Do they hurt?

I do not think I can find that toothpaste here in 'murica. Never seen it before. Whats wrong with fluoride toothpaste though? I thought it keeps your teeth from rotting and that's what I currently use. I use the crest brand.
>>
>>36637562

Nothing wrong with it anon, Alex Jones'll tell you it's doing you a cancer tho.

No they don't hurt

Herbal toothpaste won't keep your teeth going as long as fluoride, but hippies use it to feel like they aren't going to be given fluorosis by the government
>>
>>36637562
those toothpicks are made of plastic, should be fine, but make sure to get really small thin ones, since the space between your teeth isnt that big, it differs from person to person obviously, but getting the smallest is best, that way you wont damage the space between your teeth and still be able to get rid of debre, also the reason why you would want to use these picks is because you cant reach all spaces in your mouth with flossing

also theres nothing wrong with fluoride, but the fact remains that fluoride is bad for your flesh and gums, it does get rid of bacteria extremely good though, the toothpaste of that picture contains a bit of fluoride and paired with lots of herbs that keep your teeth and flesh still healthy, kind of balancing the fluoride out while getting rid of bacteria efficiently

Not sure where you can order it though, maybe try amazon? Check your supermarket first though, ordering can be expensive.

Also with generic brands such as crest they put alot of ingredients in it that make it give of a "good" flavour. If I were you, i'd avoid those kind of toothpastes.
>>
I brush twice a day. The problem I have is my tongue. Its always dry and white. My breath is horrible. I dont talk to people because of it.
>>
>>36637708
bad mouthbreath usually comes from tonsils or bacteria stuck inbetween gums, try going to the dentist for a checkup maybe? i know americans dont go to dentists usually, but here in europe its pretty normal to go atleast twice a year for a regular checkup
>>
>>36637708

First thing I suggest is that at the end of brushing your teeth, brush the whole og the surface of your tongue for about 40s. Wretching is okay but don't puke obviously. Why not try it now and come back with results?
>>
>>36637723
also forgot to tell, it could be a combination of both, i'd advise first go to the dentist and fix your teeth, depending on the damage done, it might cost around 500-3000 US dollars, once you got your teeth fixed, go to a doctor and ask him about your tonsils, you might wanna get those removed, your healthcare could probably pay the bills for that
>>
>>36637681
I use crest at night but in the morning I like to brush my teeth with baking soda because toothpaste makes my breakfast lose all its flavor.
>>
>>36637776
Lol, I'd advise against baking soda tbqh, its not bad as long as its properly thinned in water, but baking soda can be rough and hard around the edges, it could mess up your teeth.
Just wait like 30minutes before you eat breakfast, or drink a glass of milk/buttermilk before breakfast, that should get rid of the toothpaste flavour. Its what I do
>>
File: 87654w.jpg (783KB, 1843x1384px) Image search: [Google]
87654w.jpg
783KB, 1843x1384px
>>36637708
Buy a tongue scraper. Its literally 5-10 bux and cured my bad breath. Most of the bad breath actually comes from the bacteria on your tongue and this scrapes it all off with a few minutes.
>>
>>36637708
are you sure you're not suffering from tonsil stones? if your breath smells that bad it could be little stones hiding in the back of your mouth.
>>
>>36637802
bacteria dont usually stay on your tongue, as your mouth is perfectly capable of getting rid of them, you have to think where the bacteria comes from, which is inbetween your gums or from your tonsils near your throat. Go to a doctor
>>
>>36637798
Alright, I will try that. I learned that after a couple of uses when my gums kept bleeding. But now I thin it with water and add some coconut oil into the mix. I'm also going to start adding some magnesium oil into it because my friend suggested its good for your gums.
>>
>>36637835
Are you forgetting most Americans have no health insurance?
>>
>>36635540
i havent brushed my teeth but a few times in my life. im 19 now and am just now going to get them worked on at the dentist. 12 root canals and all my molars are getting extracted. ive gone a good 2 weeks brushing daily now and i think the overall health of my mouth is improving
>>
>>36637864
Get one, there is literally no reason why you shouldn't go to a doctor for regular checkups, its about your own health after all. You do not want to get old and have tons of health issues, thats literal hell.
>>
>>36637868
Blame your parents for not giving you the habit of brushing teeth and getting you to a dentist for regular checkups.
I wonder how big that bill of yours has become.
>>
>>36637901
its free actually because of obamacare.
good thing too, the bill is somewhere in the 20k's.
and my parents are just as bad if not worse, i didnt know i was supposed to brush my teeth daily till i was in middleschool
>>
>>36636568
but anon,the earth is only 6000 years old silly!

t. Christian
>>
File: kekek.png (218KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
kekek.png
218KB, 300x366px
>>36637879
>he thinks Americans can easily "get" health insurance
>its just that simple
Sure! Let me just call them right now and get the process started! It's not like it's $600 a month or anything :D
I have a fucking lump on my neck since last year and they told me I need to pay $400 a month, on a serious note, I'm pretty sure I'm close to death
>>
>>36637953
>400euros a month
the fucks wrong with you people
shit costs here at best 50-150euros at most if it isnt free already

Healthcare based on age/sex/race/medical conditions is fucking retarded and is bound to be taken advantage of by health insurance companies
>>
>>36637999
Eurofags have it too easy. Practically everything is free. On top of that I'm $26k in debt for student loans.
>>
>>36638074

Haha guess who made the mistake of going into further education?

They's right! You did! :^)
>>
>>36638074
thats what happens when you allow yourself to be controlled by selfish millionaire politicians

Almost everyone who earns more than 100k a year in europe is heaviliy taxed, and those taxes go to our free welfare stuff, including any companies who make mad money with their trade or whatever, all their taxes go to our free stuff. feels good desu
>>
>>36638150
>>36638125
I'd rather pay a lot of taxes than be a wagecuck. It's still better. It works differently in America. I'm poor and I cannot afford to go see a doctor, so I had no choice but to get a higher education. Most poor people do not win in America unless you are REALLY poor and near-homeless and get food stamps, pell grant, etc. But even they do not get free health care.
>>
>>36638219
But what are you doing with that higher ed tho?
>>
>>36638331
I'm not done with college yet. Almost a junior but room and board has my debt accumulating like crazy. It's $10k a year + tuition.
>>
File: dj8l8Wh.jpg (359KB, 1183x761px) Image search: [Google]
dj8l8Wh.jpg
359KB, 1183x761px
>>36636446
Only reason we brush so much these days is because of the food we eat now a days - junk food and a lot of other foods have sugar and shit in them, which makes our teeth rot.
Look at the teeth of indigenous people. Though they do clean their teeth with chew sticks, they're fucking immaculate otherwise. The food they eat is high in fibres and they didn't have the spices that pilgrims brought along with them.
>>
>>36635540
About 1.4 times a day in average, also mouthwash almost every day. My teeth are perfectly aligned and healthy except for 8 fillings in my molars I had to get because my former dentist damaged them. They're also yellow and my breath is foul, even directly after brushing and mouthwash. (yes, my tongue is clean and pink)

It's very frustrating.
>>
File: 1490411959152.png (425KB, 652x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1490411959152.png
425KB, 652x1224px
>>36635540
>brush everyday
>breath still smells like I just finished eating shit
>>
>>36637434
after having braces these sticks don't fit between my teeth anymore
How do you do it?
>>
>>36639397
get very thin ones, they sell them in different sizes, these sticks are just for convenience, if you find thin ones, you can always floss but that can be a pain in the ass when your flossing the teeth at the back of your mouth
>>
File: 1387586774993.png (268KB, 385x526px) Image search: [Google]
1387586774993.png
268KB, 385x526px
One a day before bed. Sometimes I forget though
I'm 28 and I have perfect teeth. 0 Cavities ever. Gums are fine. Even had braces and they are straight and nice.

Sister on the other hand. Brushed 2 a day religiously and had cavities all over the place due to have 0 enamel. kek
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.