[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

posted this in /tg/ but didn't get a reply from those nerds.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2016.png (90KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016.png
90KB, 256x256px
posted this in /tg/ but didn't get a reply from those nerds. thought my fellow robits could help me out instead since this is coming from the perspective of a robot.

moved to a new city recently and i don't really know anyone. i've been curious about magic for a while and think it could be a good way to meet new people. there's a game store near me so that's good. i'm a little intimidated to go in completely clueless though. will they try to sell me garbage? what can i expect? also how much money should i expect this to cost me if ijust want to play casually some friday nights?
>>
jesus am I shadow banned or something?
>>
>>36633671
nah desu. But it's 1am where I am and later in the UK.
>>
>>36633690
ah well thanks guess im just gonna go to bed
>>
>>36632964
try getting duel of the planeswalkers first if you have no idea how to play, then go to the store to learn how to actually play the game
>>
Look for the $50 deck building from scratch events. You pay 50 bucks and get enough packs to make a deck and have like 30 mins to build it. Good way to learn desu, it's how I did it. If you want to get anywhere or even have a decent deck expect to spend over a grand every few months for new cards when they release.
>>
If you just play casually only buying into friday night magic it'll probably cost you about $15. If you play constructed you can expect it to cost you anywhere from $20 for a budget deck to $300 for a net deck with the most powerful and rare cards. There is no guarantee of winning back your money in prizes, expect MtG to be a drain on your time and money. Aside from that most players are really nice and friendly but you will encounter some neckbeards.

If you're getting started try and find friends who already play and can show you the basics, failing that go to the store when there isnt an event on and ask someone to show you the ropes.

Hope I helped and make sure you don't spend too much on this game it really isnt worth spending hundreds of dollars on.
>>
most people at card/game shops are really helpful and are willing to show you anything you want to know about the game, including what to buy and what the game and scene is all about, maybe they'll even be down for a game or two to show you the ropes, but i think a great way to kinda start learning magic is to play the steam games, in particular magic duels(free on steam) as far as cost it can be as pricey as you want it to be really, you could just make a cheap deck in one of the less expensive formats, or you could just open a bunch of packs and make a deck from that, or you can just participate in drafts, its a very diverse and complex game with several different ways to play(formats) and a pretty welcoming community to boot.
>>
>>36633803
nigger a premade starter "pro" scene deck costs $200. For a top tier deck it will be almost 5 grand. For unlimited you can expect to run into some decks that are worth over 100 grand.
>>
Alright, things to avoid as a newbie MTG player:

>If a guy trys to show off his binder to you, just nod polietly, but don't buy or trade anything. Chances are you're getting ripped off.
>Study online for the basic rules, most people are happy to show new people how to play, but sadly most people suck at explaining them.
>People will probably give you lots of advice on how to play, and what cards to buy. Take everything with a grain of salt, don't just go out and buy a $500 deck because someone thinks you'll have more fun.
>Relatedly, you should probably stay away from EDH, the multiplayer format. It has different rules, and can be expensive for a new player.
>Buy a starter deck and like five packs to start with. You should get a good idea of what's going on and the different types of cards available.
>For the love of God please shower, don't add to the BO musk cloud anymore than necessary.

It'll take time to learn who to trust, for strategy and pricing cards, and who you will want to hang out with. Everyone else is either socially awkward too, or is social and already used to awkward people, so don't feel bad. Chances are you will not be the strangest person anyones met, or even in the room. Have fun and just go do it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.