[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any military robots here? I'm starting to seriously consider

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: 091208-N-5862-2928_CRP-1-1.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
091208-N-5862-2928_CRP-1-1.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
Any military robots here? I'm starting to seriously consider joining the Navy to pay for college.
>>
Don't be a pussy. Join the Marines
>>
>>36632250
no I failed MEPS for fucking up the duck walk. I would definitely join if I wasn't such a pussy, it seems like a good way of giving you some perspective on life
>>
>>36632250
Navyfag here. Getting out in 6 months.

Completing my 5 year contract. Can't say I care too much for it, but it did help me get my life together and now I have options.
>>
>>36632250
>tfw this dumb roastie is in the military
>dumb roastie has done more with her dumb life than you ever will
>dumb roastie automatically gains the respect of everyone around her soley for the fact that she's in the military
>>
File: IMG_0897.jpg (76KB, 400x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897.jpg
76KB, 400x523px
Any anon(s) in the Marines willing to offer any advice?
>>
>>36632404
don't drop the soap

orjh
>>
File: bwFK0s7.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
bwFK0s7.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>Implying robots can pass the physical req
>>
Robots don't typically do well in basic, which everyone has to do regardless of if you want to be a radio op or something
>>
If you are dead set on doing this pick a rate that doesn't have an extension. If all they have is ET/FC just tell them you'll come back don't sign shit until your happy with your contract. 4 years is a long time 6 years is crazy long. Remember they will lie to you to get you to sign. And don't compromise yourself for your command because they will use you until there is nothing left. Do not let them deny you schooling, leave etc without looking into the actual instructions. The navy is what you make it to be. Realize your giving a up a whole lot of shit just to pay for school This all from my point of view, 6 year deck plate sailor glad to be getting out.
>>
If my college doesnt accept my repeal to get back in then yeah im ganna join the fucking navy
>>
>>36632250
>>36632250
ignore>>36632274
I was army for five years. I can only imagine the suck will be greater in the marines. Either go Navy, Airforce, or Coast guard.
>>
File: IMG_6262.jpg (105KB, 794x772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6262.jpg
105KB, 794x772px
what branch can i get into with a GED? I still have a shot at getting a diploma if i go back but on the off chance that too much time has passed i wanna know my options
>>
>>36632649
not underaged btw, a year has passed since the time i should have graduated
>>
Fuck the military, you work like a dog and get treated the same as retards who can't pass a PT test
You'll be away from your family
You'll be away from your home
You have to get up at 05:30 in the morning every fucking day
You get tracked like a retarded toddler
You have the same fucking safety briefing every god damn friday
You'll be working with lazy fuckers, women who get pregnant and leave for the heck of it, fat pussies, and retards
In summary, FUCK the military and do something worthwhile
>>
>>36632670
>You get tracked like a retarded toddler
>You have the same fucking safety briefing every god damn friday

This. Enlisted are treated like children.
>>
I'm a Marine Infantryman, haven't been in very long but in someways it's pretty tight in other ways this guys describes it exactly. Need to get that kill tho you feel? But if you are like a rock bottom loser it's a good way to do at least something with your life and probably better yourself in some way

>>36632670
>>
>>36632250

Military is mandatory in my country. I just want out of this but they won't let me.
>>
The military has been pussified over the past few years. They're too easy on recruits, especially women, and today's young military is soft and sensitive. Had you joined tenhears ago, it would have been a wise decision. Nowadays any military branch but the Marines is an over glorified babysitting sevice no better than your typical four year college, just with uniforms.
>>
Can't join because I couldn't last 12 months without antidepressants. Got depressed month 6.
>>
>>36633050
>Over the past few years

Lmao spoken like someone who has no idea what they're talking about. It got easier about 20 years ago and has stayed the same sinve then. Anyone who says otherwise is just pulling the old "back in my day" curtain over their eyes.
>>
File: USAmilitary.jpg (1MB, 1860x1880px) Image search: [Google]
USAmilitary.jpg
1MB, 1860x1880px
>>36632308
le original postus
>>
I wish I could have gotten into the Navy. Eyesight is too bad though.
>>
>>36632670
Fucking this. Armyfag here sitting in a desert for the last 6 hours and 2 more to go before the op even starts.
>>
>>36633906
Not him but I'm genuinely curious. What did get easier in the military? I know a fat short girl who looks like a middle schooler that is an army vet and only talked about video games and I thought if she can do it anymore can.
>>
File: 2017-04-29 00.11.55.jpg (1MB, 1611x1057px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-29 00.11.55.jpg
1MB, 1611x1057px
Airman here in tech school. Hooyah bulldogs, 1/2 to 3/4 canteens, it gets better, all that jazz.

It depends desu
On the downside
>I miss my family and dogs
>Getting up early sucks
>When retards get drunk and fuck up we lose privileges
>I have to be a professional at all times
>Have to follow rules and regulations and my hair hasn't grown fully back

On the Upside
>Independence
>Good food 3 times a day
>Money
>Getting paid to learn and work out
>Have actual friends
>/fit/
>Will get 46 credits out of 64 for an associates degree from tech training alone
>Tuition assistance
>GI bill
>Learning a good work ethic
>Staying busy stops me from being depressed
>I have a reason to get up in the morning
>I have something to be proud of
>I look cool as fuck in ABUs
>Dank Airforce Memes
>Learning a trade I can get paid 80grand a year to do as a civilian
>Still play video games
>Hot chicks everywhere

If you're going to join, join the airforce. They take care of you.
>>
>>36634063
Here's the thing

Women have it way easier, that's just the way it is. If you do a job that avoids women in the army or marines you will be fine. The only thing I could think of that has gotten easier would be basic itself. Trainees are treated differently, but still like children. However basic is so insignificant in the grand scheme of each persons career that it doesn't change much.

There have even been recent changes to enforce more challenging PT in the airforce and to make sure people are keeping up on staying fit. It's weird how it all works, but if you're recruiter tells you that you'll have an easier time than he did he's bullshitting.
>>
Leaving for usmc bootcamp on the 13th of next month
>>
>>36634120
What trade are you learning? Not OP, but I was looking into the Air force because it seems like the best option if you want to transition into a civilian career that pays well.

Also, can you have a guitar after basic? I love playing my guitar and I hope I can in AIT.
>>
File: 1479602162278.png (410KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
1479602162278.png
410KB, 600x736px
>>36632649
Technically any branch, but each branch is only allowed a few slots for GEDs, so you better be someone worth recruiting.
>>
>>36632670
This from a proud former, but salty BM. I loved my job, but hated the Navy as if it was some entity. My experience in the Navy sucked dick and I truly hate booters, khakis, and people willing to join a legal corporation that feeds you BS garbage. I got kicked out during my third year for becoming an alcoholic and going to Mast 3 times. To add to this anon list

>Political correctness times 9001
I am a person who believes that merit and character should make a person who they are. I remember my Assist. First Lieutenant told me that because of me being Marshallese/Japanese I had more of an advantage in gaining rank. The Navy likes to boast about diversity and purposely chooses people based on race instead of character to give the impression of just how diverse they are. The saying, "What you see is what get." can be applied here.

>taking classes about something that is common sense
Adding to the weekly safety brief you get you'll also do SAPR and SARP which is about sexual assault and alcohol and drugs awareness every few weeks or at least once a month. There will be posters every where about these topics. I fucked up on the alcohol thing and should have gotten help.

>the pay
This is a hit or miss. As a BM I worked hard as fuck with little to no sleep. Mean while YN3 Cross Quills and RP3 Jesus Christ get paid the same amount as I do. On top of that you'll have lazy co workers who will still get their check without pulling their load. The hourly pay I get at my current job is a lot better. I only work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and make more than I did in the Navy. Also that overtime pay is nice.

>1 team 1 fight
This saying makes me wants me to flip tables. We are only a team when we succeed. You are an individual if you fuck up. It is highly likely that someone naive, new, or nice would be used as a stepping stone for another person to just step on up the ladder.
>>
File: IMG_1357.gif (24KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1357.gif
24KB, 268x200px
>>36632421
orion's kek
>>
I happen to be a Naby Seal with 300 confirmed kills
>>
>>36634120

>flunk out of uni
>can't join AF because of peanut allergy
>here that all the other branches are shit
>had 1 retail job and hated

What the fuck should I do with my life?
>>
File: 1489830193493.jpg (36KB, 362x275px) Image search: [Google]
1489830193493.jpg
36KB, 362x275px
>>36632670
It's either be a worthless lazy NEET or sign away 4 years of my life.
Oh well.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.