[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans so pissy about tipping? If you don't tip

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Why are Americans so pissy about tipping? If you don't tip your waiter women claim they won't go on another date with you even though waiters and especially waitresses make a fuckload more money than most low-rung wagies.
>>
Did anyone else see Andrew WK when he was on that MTV show living with a black sorority?
>>
>>36632007

Because businesses corrupted the law by bribing politicians so they could pay regular employees who served food about $2/hour. Thus they get pissy because you're literally putting them out of their shitty shared apartment and starving them by not tipping.
>>
>>36632103
who cares?
other ppl still tip a couple minum wages per meal so why should I tip?
>>
>>36632103
>because you're literally putting them out of their shitty shared apartment and starving them by not tipping.
I literally am not. Surprise surprise someone advocating tipping culture would misuse the word literally.
>>
>>36632007
>waiters and especially waitresses make a fuckload more money than most low-rung wagies.

Not especially, no.

Food (excluding fast food where there are no tips) & alcohol workers in the states are literally paid less than minimum wage. They're expected to crowdfund a minimum wage by expecting tips from customers.

>>36632041
I'm a fan of AWK and I have never seen that. I've even see his pretty bad kids show that was on youtube for like two months. When was this?
>>
>>36632007
Hey don't ask me this is one thing I agree with eurobros

I think its a Jew thing merged with a Free Market capitalism thing
>>
>>36632312
I'll never forget it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1sUyf2vivs
>>
>>36632312
>literally paid less than minimum wage
Except they aren't because their employer is federally required to increase their pay to minimum wage if their tips do not equal or exceed the minimum wage rate
It's not the customers fault if the server is to stupid to know the law and their rights and why would you tip a retard anyway
>>
I agree tipping is extremely jewish. But you used Andrew WK as your image. I gotta ask. Did anyone else notice that AWK seems like a different person than before? As in a different person literally. He went from being this deep voiced handsome buff motherfucker to a weaselly queer. It's not just "oh he stopped working out."
>>
I tip good when it's deserved. Otherwise I just do 10% so people don't spit in my food next time. I've tipped servers 15 on a 15 meal because they were good and faked it enough but generally I give the bare minimum
>>
File: 2001.jpg (84KB, 472x320px) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
84KB, 472x320px
>>36632343
The very early 2000s were a strange and confusing time for everyone
>>
File: Andrew-WK.jpg (41KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew-WK.jpg
41KB, 630x420px
>>36632438
>He went from being this deep voiced handsome buff motherfucker to a weaselly queer.

Have you not see him in recent years? He'd kick his 2002 ass with one hand behind his back.

His attitude IS different though, 25 years will do that to a man. He also has a kid or two and that changes someone as well.
>>
So what happened to Andrew, I lost track of him after that Gundam album
>>
>>36632532
huh last I checked he was skinny and higher pitched. Good to see he this guy is less faggy. Is it the same guy though?
>>
>>36632007
Yeah, I've never got that. I worked as a floor sweeper in a movie theatre that had meals in movie, and the waitresses always got tipped big bucks while I was making minimum only. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>36632539
I'm not sure when that Gundam album was, but recently:

>had a kids show on cartoon network where they built and destroyed things

>had a short-lived kids show on youtube where dumb bullshit happened with meme guests

>was into reddit memes like grump cat

>was into bronies

>performed at the gathering of the juggalos at least once

>became a motivational speaker

>had or maybe still has a column for some website or magazine

>became the singer for Marky Ramones' band.

He's doing more than alright for basically a one-hit wonder.
>>
>>36632312

>Food (excluding fast food where there are no tips) & alcohol workers in the states are literally paid less than minimum wage.

I just want to say that as a person who has only worked in restaurants and as a waiter, you are so very, very wrong. Where did you pull this? Out of your ass? You're a waiter too, let me guess? Should I play you the world's tiniest violin?

At a SHITTY restaurant, a waiter will bring home 70$ a night in tips. Not to mention as the other anon said, if you SOMEHOW (I have never seen this happen except in rare instances like it being the first week of their employment) don't meet minimum wage, the owner is FEDERALLY (federal fucking law) required to compensate you up to minimum wage.

So no, they are not "literally" paid less than minimum wage. Nor figuratively, nor any other way. My best guess is that you are a troll, a waiter wallowing in his or her own misery, or simply a retard.
>>
>>36632561
>huh last I checked he was skinny and higher pitched

When did you last check? 1998?

He's been buff for years. He's married to some fitness model chick and they do squats & drink protein shakestogether.
>>
>>36632604
Only a few professions get to be tipped. You would think most people who have been employed in their lives would scoff at tipping... and yet they fall for it.
>>
>>36632632
>When did you last check? 1998?
2012 or 2013.
>He's been buff for years.
"Years" as in a couple
>>
I used to just take tips, people would tip me but if I felt like I went up and beyond for you and you didn't give me shit? then i'd just write in my own tip, so long as you're not taking a retarded amount ppl dont notice an extra $1-$5 missing. Fuck the ppl who feel some kind of way too, dont be mad I can cheat your game. Then again I did it to petty towards my job at the time.
>>
>>36632665
>a couple

It's been five years since 2012.

Also check the tattoos, he's had those since 2011 at least
>>
>>36632737
In 2012 he was a little faggot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6S1SOaC13I
>>
>>36632007
>waitresses complaining about making 200 a night while they do half the work as the dishwashers in the back who literally get paid minimum wage
fuck off. If you want more money, get a better job. I'm not your employer, it's not my responsibility to pay you. I never tip waiters/waitresses if they seem like normies, I only tip the robots who seem like they genuinely struggle with the job.
>>
>>36632007
waiters and waitresses, where i live in freedomland, make about 2-3$ and hour. they need the tips.
>>
>>36632901
Godspeed sir. I was at an IHOP a few weeks ago and my buddy was dazzled by the waitress being nice to him. Her replies seem exaggerated and antonymous to me and not in the "she's retarded" sense. Just a whore.
>>
>>36632945
There are no mustache twirlers forcing you to get lung disease. If you feel you are being oppressed, maybe get mad at the people holding the fucking whip, coward.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.