[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw ridiculously detailed memory >remember tiny things

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1479961806282.jpg (26KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
1479961806282.jpg
26KB, 367x411px
>tfw ridiculously detailed memory
>remember tiny things from 10 years ago that most people forget the day after

is it autism?
>>
>>36631199
I have this but only for useless stuff. If I want to remember French vocabulary or the definition of epsilon-delta form or whatever I'm fucked.

Also I learned that a lot of the time you have to pretend not to remember stuff about people so they aren't freaked out
>>
>>36631199
How does this work? Can you remember everything or just certain things? I know a guy who wont shut up about having photographic memory but he can't understand shit of what's happening in class. Do you think there is no correlation between memory and intelligence? Of course both are different but I feel like if I had a photographic memory I would be able to think deeply about my memories and thus understand the world (and class) better.
>>
>>36631228
yeah it doesn't work in very useful ways.

it's always the small details rather than the bigger picture.

>>36631277
It's not really functional memory in a way that can be applied to much. It's basically just like having a stack of video tapes in your mind that you can press play on and pause rewind etc

I'm not saying I remember absolutely everything. but the things I do remember I remember in great detail. Like the song I was listening to and the number of sausages I had for lunch 4 years ago on a completely uneventful day
>>
If they're negative things you probably have strong negative affectivity, which is associated with psychiatric problems later in life.
>>
>>36631410
this already happens to me and does affect me daily.

I remember tiny social or life indiscretions regularly that cause me emotional toil. I feel the entire weight of my past on my shoulders.
>>
>>36631441

>Trait negative affectivity roughly corresponds to the dominant personality factor of anxiety/neuroticism that is found within the Big Five personality traits as emotional stability.[4] The Big Five are characterized as openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Neuroticism can plague an individual with severe mood swings, frequent sadness, worry, and being easily disturbed,[1][3] and predicts the development and onset of all "common mental disorders.[5] Research shows that negative affectivity relates to different classes of variables: Self-reported stress and (poor) coping skills,[1][6][7] health complaints, and frequency of unpleasant events.[8] Weight gain and mental health complaints are often experienced as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_affectivity
>>
>>36631199
No, it's a super power.

Seriously, lots of people wish they had that level of memory.
>>
>>36631454
Why the hell don't they just euthanize us?
>>
>>36631543
people don't know what they're wishing for.

Normies have this idea that having a good memory will be like "Oh muh gawd I can ace this test so eazy lmao". Instead it's more like randomly remembering the type of car that drove past you when you went out the front door in 2003. Remembering the eaxt sequence of songs you listened to in the car on the way to school in 2007 etc etc
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.