[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go fucking play Magic. Go to a friday night magic draft. It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FNM-Draft.png (367KB, 1760x718px) Image search: [Google]
FNM-Draft.png
367KB, 1760x718px
Go fucking play Magic.

Go to a friday night magic draft.

It's fifteen (15!!!!) canuckbucks. You don't need a 4 billion dollar deck. Just 15 to do a draft.

Literally no excuse.
>>
>>36625553
magic players are to robots what we are to the normals. They are a breed apart, autism without peer in this earthly realm
>>
>>36625553
I was interested in Magic for a time as I love that kind of eldritch fantasy stuff. Then I actually got to see two experienced people play. They were utterly robotic, they didn't seem to be having any fun and they just seemed to be going through the motions. No smiles, no jokes, no laughing. Just robotic card playing.

So I decided not to spend hundreds of dollars on a hobby that the people who had been playing for years didn't even seem to enjoy.
>>
>>36625602
You never played Magic?

It's fun. Go to a draft tonight.
>>
>>36625611
That's interesting, but what is stopping you from dropping fifteen bucks for a draft? Unless my math is completely fucked up 15 < hundreds.
>>
>>36625645
Nothing's stopping me, but if I have no intention of actually taking up the hobby for the aforementioned reasons, then why would I bother starting it?
>>
>>36625676
You have a sample size of 2. That's not very good logic.

And besides, it's 15 dollars. I've spent more on games on steam that have been shit.
>>
>>36625704
That was the first time I realized that the people most invested in it didn't really seem to be enjoying it. It wasn't the last. I have plenty of acquaintances that play it regularly and again, they seem to treat it almost robotically. I'm sure it's hard not to once you get over the novelty of the design and the mechanics, but I've watched perhaps 7-8 games and not one of those seemed like the players were having fun.

My objection isn't the cost though, so stop bringing that up and answer my question: if I have no intention of actually playing this game then why should I attend a draft?
>>
File: yu-gi-oh_generic_image.jpg (167KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
yu-gi-oh_generic_image.jpg
167KB, 1000x750px
Magic is for 40 year olds.
>>
limited sucks big time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.