[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone of you tried the volunteering for job experience stuff?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: helper pepe.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
helper pepe.png
13KB, 657x527px
Has anyone of you tried the volunteering for job experience stuff? how did it go? did it help you find a job afterwards?
>>
plz hhhh
>>
I quit school because of a schizophrenic meltdown and did some volunteering in various places. Originally the plan was to volunteer in social care and do I study in that direction.

The volunteering was alright, I quit that study however to do another one. I am lucky to have enough money for another one. Anyway that's all I can share on this.
>>
>>36622229
I needed volunteer hours in order to graduate, I volunteered at the SPCA and at my local church. The SPCA was pretty much hell, I hated everyone there and had to fight a Rottweiler. The church was pretty chill.

>did it help you find a job
No, I'm still unemployed and have never had a proper regular job. If I didn't have those hours on my resume though I would probably be fucked because I don't have any other job experience.
>>
I GUARANTEE there are landscaping jobs out there if you really want a job. Pass a drug test and it's all yours. If you're lucky it's only 5 days a week.
>>
>>36622229
Lying on your resume is really the only way to get a job if you are applying online
Tailor fit it to the application and you are golden
>>
Had to do 40 hours of volunteering to graduate high school, I did them all at the library. It was incredibly comfy, the only people I had to talk to were the librarians and they were incredibly grateful for the help.I just spent time shelving and stamping books, 10/10 would recommend
>>
I volunteer at an op shop.
It's pretty neat.
Old ladies are usually pretty friendly and you get to sniff the donations (everybody does a quick sniff check on some of the donations to see if it smells too bad to put out on the rack but nobody notices if you go for a quick double sniff).
People donate underwear, panties and lingerie as well so if you like sniffing used panties, you can get in a few sniffs.

I personally don't do it but I still consider it a benefit worth telling people about.
>>
>>36622229
Started volunteering at my local Sheriff's Department this year for college credits. Don't know how much it's going to help me to get through the hiring process when I graduate but it already helped me get a job at my uni's police department.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.