[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are humans the concept of god? We are the creators of the world

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492635319385.png (189KB, 406x564px) Image search: [Google]
1492635319385.png
189KB, 406x564px
Are humans the concept of god?
We are the creators of the world we live in (culture/society)
We shape man into our likeness (children)
>>
But humans fail to find depth in the human ego, so they try to come up with an omnipotent being with infinite meaning.
>>
>>36611524
Meaning is something you don't want
Everything in your life having meaning would cause untold amounts of anxiety in your life
>>
>>36611695

So having a lot of compartmentalized set of beliefs conflicting ad infinitum is ideal, you say?
>>
>>36611745
I just had a thought

If your life truly was without meaning, anxiety wouldn't exist, because anxiety can be abstracted as a fear of something.
There is no reason to have anxiety if nothing means anything or has consequence

This could mean that the fact that one has anxiety proves that ones life has meaning, at least on the level of the person having the anxiety, and that in fact, the thing one has anxiety for is the current meaning of ones life.

Does this make any sense
>>
>>36611926

Doesn't that anxiety mean you've already lost something dear to you and are afraid of losing more than what you have left?

Making that the sole reason for existence is bleak, I'd rather have a better meaning than existential dread.
>>
>>36612162
But being afraid to lose something means that thing is important, which means that it has meaning for me

Is all of this just me trying to rationalise the suffering of existence?
>>
>>36612407

You build up a set of experiences in life, then you suddenly lose grasp of what was once in control.
>>
>>36611425
No, but you're kind of right. Everything we do is like seeing the creation of the universe by God.

God created the universe. Use science and technology to make the universe into a perfect "Heaven", and bring dead people back to life.
>>
>>36611425
12deep24me
>>
>>36611425
I never looked at it that way. But if that's the case...how come God doesn't show himself to us? Wouldn't a "Father" want to check on his children and keep them safe? Where is he? Where has he gone?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.