[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>desperately want to lose weight >started walking, working

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: god.jpg (6KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
6KB, 208x250px
>desperately want to lose weight
>started walking, working up to start couch 2 5k
>consume tons of fast food and soda
>try drinking only water for a while but feel miserable, currently alternate glass of water with glass of diet coke throughout the day
>try to stop eating fast food for everything
>just end up eating boxes of processed high calorie shit instead
>try to learn how to cook
>eggs taste horrible and make me feel like puking
>try making chicken breasts
>they come out like dry rubber
>the only thing that doesn't taste bad is frozen microwave veggies which just taste bland

Why couldn't I have white parents that knew how to cook
Why couldn't I have an extended family like a grandma or something that could show me how to cook

How do I escape the skinnyfat hell and actually reach healthy weight and fitness if I can't cook food and have no one to teach me? Every youtube video and recipe website is so fucking vague on the instruction
>>
Dachau mode here, I just keep eating and eating but never gain weight. Wtf do I do?
>>
>>36610705
Stop memeing my thread with your shitpost, I'm fucking serious
>>
>>36610659
Just exercise hard and lift, focusing on getting protein, and realize that you can eat fast food and lose weight - it's all about the calories in vs out. That's not to say that cooking for yourself isn't betterfrom an overall health standpoint

Also browse fit and read the sticky anon you can do it
>>
>>36610758
All the research I've read makes it sound like diet is way more important than exercise. I'm not looking to build muscle, I'm looking to lose weight.

Working out for an hour and burning 200 calories would help me lose weight, but I can easily get that by just not eating 200 calories right?
>>
how can you fuck up eggs? They always taste good if they are not raw or burnt.
>>
>>36610800
>don't know if i'm supposed to use butter or oil or cooking spray or something else
>don't know if I'm supposed to mix them in a bowl or crack them into the pan
>don't know if I'm supposed to add milk or water or something in bowl or just cook eggs by themself
>don't know the right temperature to cook them on or if temperature needs adjustment throughout cooking
>don't know if I'm supposed to let it sit for a while or start scrambling immediately
>don't know if I'm supposed to add salt and pepper or something else
>don't know if I'm supposed to add salt and pepper or something else while it's mixed in bowl, or when i put eggs in pan or after i'm done cooking
>don't know probably 100 other things

Yeah you're right it's not complicated at all it's so easy
>>
>>36610780
Lifting builds muscle which increases your metabolism so you lose more weight. Also if you get skinny you'll just be skinny fat and unhappy but if you lift you'll look better at a higher bodyweight and be less hungry

Also diet is more important for just weight loss, but it's not about the type of food it's about the calories. I went from 165 to 145 in 5 weeks for a powerlifting competition just by eating exactly 1800 calories of McDonald's, chick filet, subway, etc each day, in addition to lifting and no cardio. Just choose better options from fast food places that have more protein and nutrients, not the complete junk shit. To be fair cooking and making real food is healthier but it won't make you lose weight faster
>>
>>36610870
I already said that I don't want to build muscle, it's the opposite of what I want
>>
>>36610892
Is your goal to be a trap or skelly boi? Either way, all the rest of my post still applies just don't lift at all and do a ton of biking in hilly areas and lots of jogging
>>
>>36610858
Butter pan, bring burner to medium heat, once butter is melted and bubbling crack egg into pan, add salt, pepper, (and I like bit of smoked paprika- you may too), wait until the egg seems cooked on the bottom, and turn it over, poke it lightly until only the yoke jiggles, put that on some whole wheat toast, add hot sauce of you like hot sauce.
>>
>>36610892
You won't necessarily get very muscular if you lift, it all depends on how much you eat. Building and mantaining muscle mass takes a lot of calories.

That said, you don't need to lift to lose weight at all. I lost a bunch of weight by just eating less and I look almost normal now... as long as a keep my shirt on.
>>
>>36610858
There are these really cool things called "recipes", it's like a how-to-make-food guide!
All it takes is a quick google search to answer any specific cooking questions, you have NO EXCUSE.
>>
>>36610858
Go to the store and buy 24+ eggs and a stick of butter.
Put some egg related youtube videos on your laptop in the kitchen.
Emulate what they are doing. Make mistakes.
You are now 10x better at cooking eggs and it only cost you a couple dollars.
>>
File: IMG_8040_small.jpg (136KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8040_small.jpg
136KB, 500x333px
>>36610858
just do them like in my pic. Throw some butter in the pan, wait until its hot and throw the eggs in it. Wait until they look good and get them out. Some bread with a slice of sausage and cheese and you have tasty food.
>>
>>36611037
>sunny side up
gross
Over-easy master race.
>>
>>36610921
I still get tired just walking, I'm working towards that. I'm not asking for exercise advice, I want to learn how to cook. The biggest reason I can't lose weight is because I'm ALWAYS fucking hungry and eating fast food or processed food does literally nothing to stave my hunger, I want to eat healthy food to feel fuller

>>36610940
I'll try it

>>36610977
I don't want to gain any muscle mass whatsoever

>>36611006
Alright you fucking faggot

>google how to make eggs
>youtube how to make eggs

There's a million fucking recipes and they all contradict each other and most of them aren't nearly specific enough to instruct a beginner

>>36611019
I tried that but I feel so fucking nauseated by the first eggs that I make that trying to eat more makes me want to puke and I have to drown out the taste with soda just to reset myself
>>
>>36611096
Throw the cooked eggs in the garbage bin. Buy the cheapest eggs in the biggest pack.
>>
>>36611096
Cooking is an art, you can cook the same thing a variety of ways.
Just follow recipes and you'll naturally pick up on the basics, then you can start to experiment which is where the fun cooking starts. Expect to fuck up a lot though, it's all a part of learning how to cook.
>>
>>36610858
>>36611096
you're not gonna get better with that attitude you shitter

>There's a million fucking recipes
then fucking pick one, shit. you'll learn as you go a long and you'll know which one you like best

>I feel so fucking nauseated by the first eggs
then maybe you don't like eggs. try something else. marinate chicken then fry it. or make a soup. or a salad
>>
>>36610659

Watch cooking shows, especially ones focused around teaching. "Good Eats" is pretty lame but I learned how to actually cook watching it.
>>
File: 1493248888069.jpg (43KB, 470x521px) Image search: [Google]
1493248888069.jpg
43KB, 470x521px
>>36610858

You're posting on fucking 4chan so you have access to the internet. Did you even try googling anything you fucking lazy piece of shit? This is also why you're a fucking ham planet. Take initiative, show some drive, and exercise discipline (and your heavily tittied body).
>>
>>36611096
Crack two eggs into a ceramic cereal bowl. Add 20 ml of milk and 20 ml of water. If you have a pepper mill, do three grinds of that into the bowl, if you don't just add half a teaspoon of pepper in.

Whisk the eggs (use a fork if you don't have a whisk) for two minutes. If there's some chunks that seemingly won't whisk in, don't worry about it - it's still egg.

Put a frying pan on the stovetop. Put half a stick of butter in the pan and set the temperature to medium or halfway between min and max.

Once all the butter has melted into a translucent liquid, add the eggs.

You want to immediately start stirring it around the pan and soon lumps will form - this is good.

After ten minuted of non stop stirring there should be a bunch of scrambled eggs and a little bit of liquid left.

Turn off the heat and scoop the eggs onto a plate. Enjoy!
>>
>>36610659
Just don't eat anything.
Take some vitamin supplements and drink water and you'll lose loads of weight.
>>
>>36611556

Don't forget to add some salt. In terms of seasoning eggs, it's usually best to do it a bit before the eggs are done cooking, as pre-seasoning them start to break down the eggs prior to cooking, which can ruin consistency
>>
Try Amy's frozen foods and canned goods.

They're good for you and most everything is low in calories.
>>
>>36611556

>Half a stick of butter.

Nigga what?
>>
>>36611771

Would be good for keto. But if not, nigga what is correct.
>>
>>36611096
>I don't want to gain any muscle mass whatsoever

Why not, anon?
>>
Ok, listen. After 60~ of not consuming too much sugar, you'll stop liking things that are sweet. Your tastebuds will change, so do this for 60 days:
Don't walk yet, it's a meme. It doesn't make you thinner. For the next month or two, eat WHATEVER YOU FUCKING WANT, except sugary stuff. For all I care, eat 5 meals a day, but avoid sugary stuff. You can drink diets though, as long it's below 6 calories per a glass of drink.
After 2 months, it will get much easier.
>>
I've been where you are. I'm going to write you up a quick healthy recipe that's easy and fast to make.

>Chop onions, bell peppers if you like them, garlic, brocolli, and chicken (smallish bits)
>Pour some olive oil in a hot pan, or use some butter (not much, just a dice)
>Throw the garlic, keep stirring until it becomes slightly cooked (you'll tell)
>Throw chiken in there, keep stirring untill the meat is seared
>Add rest of veggies, you can add a little bit of red wine (just a splash)
>salt, black pepper, paprika, little bit of anything else you might like
>stirr a bit more until the spices blend with the food
>Serve

You can use a small portion of pasta or rice as a side for this.

Also never ever microwave vegetables. Never. Try sauteing, boiling (and making mashed veggies with a bit of butter), roasting (oven or bbq, different tastes), or even frying them

Also try drinking carbonated water, I discovered that what I actually enjoyed about soda was the "fizzy" sensation.

Godspeed you, man.

With love, a fit anon.
>>
File: 1365467619946.jpg (117KB, 468x714px) Image search: [Google]
1365467619946.jpg
117KB, 468x714px
>>36610659
>white people
>knowing how to cook

Memes aside, If you really want to lose weight then you have to COUNT CALORIES! Calories represents energy.

You eat food, you gain calories.

You exercise, you burn/lose calories.

The average person consumes about 2,000 calories per day at rest. All of the extra fat in your body is simply stored calories. If you want to lose it, then you exercise and diet. You can exercise by running/walking/lifting weights/etc. However you wont see much progress just by that alone. When you diet, you have to count your calories! Every snack you eat, every BK meal you order, you have to note the calories. Aim for consuming 1500 per day. If you follow those rules, you will see progress.

The hardest part is maintaining discipline. You'll want to skip an exercise or cheat on your diet. DON'T DO IT. It's all about maintaining discipline.

>pic related

I have that text almost memorized and recite it to myself constantly
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.