[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever thought about what a weird thing life is just in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
Have you ever thought about what a weird thing life is just in general?

I know that this is a very '12 year old smoking weed for the first time' thought, but this whole life as a human thing is just really odd.

You're born. Later you acquire self awareness. You know you're going to die, and yet still you can't stop worrying about all the petty things that could happen to this 'you' that's totally doomed anyway. I mean really, the Very Worst Thing Of All is also the most inevitable thing; you KNOW it's coming, but somehow you're compelled to act like your tiny little fading life is insanely important, and you need to fill it with huge amounts of money, and status, and approval, and attractive members of the opposite sex. You may even get into your head that you could acquire a bit of 'power' (but look up at the sun, it's trillions of times more powerful than you are and it's not even fucking alive, it's just a bunch of gas! Not even self aware!)

So what do you do with your time when it's so utterly futile?
>>
There's one thing that seems sort of clear to me: it's probably worthwhile to actually behave morally. But the actual moral imperative in real life is a little different than what's taught. They try to teach kids that immoral conduct is some horrifying thing that leaves you with an awful eternal taint. That's not really true; it's the same immortality fallacy that gets people chasing wealth and fame, only a stick version instead of a carrot. The real reason to be decent to other people is... Well, there's no reason not to. Once you figure out that money, fame, hot chicks etc don't actually make you an immortal God, there's not really a whole lot left to life except trying to get along with other humans. It almost seems like being generous to a nearly self-sacrificing degree is the ideal; I mean, you've got this horrifying death coming to you and you can't do anything about it, what else is there to do but try to make it all a little more bearable for all the other terrified people running around?

But it's all insanely difficult to internalize and you fall back into futile self-deification again and again.
>>
>>36606720
You expect me to READ a post? Reading is for the sober.
>>
>>36606720
huh? what? just read about absurdist philosophy faggot
>>
Passing on your genes is effectively immortality
All that stuff you said has no point, the only point in life is to have kids and hope that through your descendants you make it to the finish line of becoming a perfect being through continued evolution.
>>
>>36606720
If you think about it I think ANYTHING would be weird cause in that case we are working from nothing. It's just as weird as anything else existing
>>
>>36606720
It makes me feel a little better about being kind of a shit. Girls don't like you? Who cares. This shit is weird and it's not like I was given any answers anyway
>>
>>36606720
Shut up dweeb. Maybe you should hustle as hard as you contemplate a reason for existing.
Protip
>There isn't
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.