[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Canada and on average westerner's life, R9K

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: NICE.png (149KB, 537x614px) Image search: [Google]
NICE.png
149KB, 537x614px
Redpill me on Canada and on average westerner's life, R9K

Tldr of my story;

>gay faggot sub who lives in Saudi Arabia
>intolerable place that doesn't tolerate me
>forced into hiding until chance to leave
>Want to apply to studying abroad program if I score very high grades on two tests and if my highschool grades are high enough (that part is covered)
>my first test is in 11 days, tomorrow I stop doing anything else and only study for the next 10 days
>Want to settle in Canada and after careful research I think it's my best option and better than USA because less crime and less stupid shit and better than Europe because Europe is full of Muslims that I want to run away from

I'm aware of the vast differences between western daily lifestyle and the lifestyle over here, I don't like most of them desu, from what I've seen it appears there's a walking culture in the west, sidewalks are a thing, cities are crowded with people walking and using transportation, that doesn't exist over here, almost everyone has a car (to the point even major cities don't have transportation hubs, taxi cabs are rare and an unprofitable trade, literally everyone except immigrants own a car). It also seems like crime is super common at night, getting mugged and things like that happen regularly (this is very rare here, if there's ONE thing I like about this shithole it's that crime rate is relatively low), and it seems most stuff are expensive (especially fuel), and it seems you can't actually get success within your lifetime and once you get a job you're not gonna stop until you die and the biggest thing you will afford during your career is a home/house and that taxes constantly strip you of most of your money. As far as I also know you CAN'T miss a day at your job without getting fired for it unless you have a health-related excuse.

What's the counterbalance? What do you do to stay happy? What are the good/fun aspects of life as a Canadian/westerner? Is most of what I said true?
>>
>>36605164
I don't really know how to compare it but you got to get the fuck out of the middle East -first gen American with middle eastern background
>>
FUCK OFF WE HAVE WAY TOO MANY ARABS IN CANADA. GOT TO THE UK OR US OR SOMETHING. STOP COMING HERE.
>>
>>36605345
>>36605345
I don't look like an Arab so I'll blend right in.

Also don't forget that one day the natives were saying the same shit as you are.
>>
>>36605164
you seem like one of the mythical good arabs. if >>36605345 wont take you come to the us

for the most part we only hate allah akbars
>>
File: tumblr_nqskwym0gR1trc59fo1_400.gif (626KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqskwym0gR1trc59fo1_400.gif
626KB, 300x169px
We are a diverse country, and very accepting.

Cultural mosaic

Just be Canadian, and none of that in my home country bullshit.

We like our country the way it is and don't like people who leave their country talking shit about Canada and how Canada should be more like their country.
>>
>>36605164
come to the us if you want to get away from muslims
>toronto is just as bad as saudi arabia
Silly muslims, the us is the only place you're not allowed, thus you should (not) come here
>>
>>36605164
also just to mention, if you come to the US, you'd better fucking LOVE this place, and more importantly, you'd better teach your kids to LOVE this place. No entitlement (especially for your kids), and if you ever say the word "islamaphobia" go back
>>
>>36605642
>fags like this are one of the reasons I don't want to come to the US

I'm tired of hearing nationalistic horseshit in my own country, I'm not gonna go to a country of perfectionist-pretender pridefags. If there's anything I hate deeply with my own country it's the amount of proudfags that think Saudi Arabia is the perfect land.

the biggest reason remains crime, though.
>>
>>36605164
If youre a fag, Canada is the place for you, VC and Toronto are filled with degenerates
Crime isn't much different than in the US, just stay away from the bad parts(brown people and their congregation spots, not hard to miss)
>>
>>36605475
>Just be Canadian, and none of that in my home country bullshit
Fucking excuse me you racist piece of shit.
>>
>>36605882
Good, we don't want any of your arab tricks anyways.
>>
>Want to settle in Canada and after careful research I think it's my best option and better than USA because less crime and less stupid shit and better than Europe because Europe is full of Muslims that I want to run away from
Dumb reasoning. Europe is not 'full of Muslims'; e.g. 2% of Germany is Muslim. You are not going to be magically persecuted by Muslims in Europe if you stay away from them. The USA certainly has crime-ridden areas, but also has very safe areas. It's diverse from location to location and it is easy to find a safe place to live.

>it appears there's a walking culture in the west, sidewalks are a thing, cities are crowded with people walking and using transportation
true, although tons of people also have cars, especially outside of major cities

>It also seems like crime is super common at night
Depends on where you are, but yeah, you probably don't want to be wandering around poor areas of a city alone at night

>it seems most stuff are expensive (especially fuel)
Nope - at least in the US, gas is $2.50 a gallon, quite affordable.

>it seems you can't actually get success within your lifetime and once you get a job you're not gonna stop until you die and the biggest thing you will afford during your career is a home/house and that taxes constantly strip you of most of your money
Depends on what you do for a career. I'm a programmer and this is in no way accurate.

>As far as I also know you CAN'T miss a day at your job without getting fired for it unless you have a health-related excuse.
Completely false. I get plenty of vacation days each year, both for holidays and for whenever I want. I just need to give notice.

>What do you do to stay happy?
Friends/GF, walks, video games, TV and movies

>What are the good/fun aspects of life as a Canadian/westerner?
Can't speak to this in contrast to Saudi Arabia since I've never been there. Maybe lots of different subcultures/interests to pursue, and freedom to have many different opinions?
>>
>>36605164
Canadian here.
I'm not happy. I work, I sleep, and eventually I will die. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>36606251
The response I really needed, thank you so much.
>>
>>36606462
No problem. By the way, take the replies here with a grain of salt - I'm sure you're aware that many of the posters on this board are shut-in losers who don't really interact with society in any meaningful way. On top of that, many of them are far-right radicals who believe in Jewish conspiracies, white racial superiority, female enslavement, actual fascism, and so on. They don't represent the majority views in the West.
>>
>>36605164
French Candian here

>It also seems like crime is super common at night, getting mugged and things

It's not. People say that about every county ever all over the world. Most crimes happen during the day. It's some sort of dumb myth that probably comes from 80s action movie tropes.

> and it seems you can't actually get success within your lifetime

What do you mean by success?

>taxes constantly strip you of most of your money

Not really, and we get loads of social services and other bullshit in return.

Anyways Canada is a land of contrasts. Nordic winters that give you frostbite, blistering summers that give you heatstroke. You have major cities like Vancouver and Toronto and Montreal that are all multi-ethnic and full of life and excitement and all sorts of different communities - and outside of that you have small-town shitholes where people having nothing to do but stand out in their front yard and watch the occasional car roll by.

If you're into outdoors stuff it''s great in the summer, there's plenty of national parks and beaches - but it's pretty much mandatory in the winter to go skiing or skating or something if you don't want to get fat and go insane from being locked inside & avoiding the snow and cold for like 7 months a year.
>>
>>36605164
>Saudi Arabia
please don't come to the west. you're honestly a cancer of the world
>>
>>36605394
>Also don't forget that one day the natives were saying the same shit as you are.
Ya and it didn't turn out so hot for the natives, did it you retarded sand-nigger
>>
File: quebecer pepe.jpg (160KB, 936x590px)
quebecer pepe.jpg
160KB, 936x590px
>>36606707
>>36605164

oh and I just noticed the gay faggot thing

yeah that's totally fine here. At least in big cities. You have literal parades dedicated to how you cum, as well as entire parts of the city entirely dedicated to that culture. In universities as well especially, people love that they are gay or other people are gay, or trans or whatever.
>>
fuck off we're full
fix your own country
>>
>>36606707
Thanks for the good response, anon.

Winters is gonna be one of the biggest changes I have to adapt to, the climate here is hot (but I never go out anyway), you and >>36606251 are my heroes.
>>
>>36606819
>full

Canada is one of the world's least-populated countries.

Russia with its Siberian fields of nothing is still more populated.
>>
>>36606819
>fix your own country
saudi arabia is literally the worst blight on the world. it could disappear and EVERYONE on this planet would be better off.
>>
>>36605164
>faggot Arab wants to come to the West

How about you fuck off? The West is not for your kind.
>>
>>36606861
sure thing dude.

If you go to Vancouver, the winters are nowhere near as bad as the rest of the country, but it also rains a shit-ton and the summers aren't that hot. It's also very very extremely Chinese, I don't know if that matters to you either way.

I live in Montreal and every single year, every single winter makes me want to kill myself. The sun sets at like 3:30 PM and your eyelids freeze shut if you blink outside sometimes and there's constantly knee-high mountains of snow all over and you can't wear regular clothes, etc.
>>
>>36605164
Get the fuck out we are full.
Original.
>>
Hey m9

One of my best friends studied in The Netherlands, he was from SA. He went back 3 years ago, i miss my bro still. Still, i do talk and play vidya with him nearly daily.

He's pretty unhappy nowadays, but he manages. Lives with his family, plays vidya, has a job. You know, nothing interesting.

I'm pretty sure that if he could go back, he would.

For one, he misses alcohol and actual connection with people - seems you got that too. If you're lost on social contacts, western societies will be amazing for it.

I'll be on for a few more minutes before goign to bed. I can relay some questions/answers to him if you like. I think he's still awake rn.
>>
>>36605394
AM SAYING THIS ALREADY FUCK OF AND FIX YOUR SHIT STOP FUCKING COMING TO THE COLONYS AND WRECKING SHIT
YOU AND THE BLACKS
>>
>>36606598
Yeah you're actually delusional if you think the only people who have problems with third world invaders are "shut-in losers." Some sort of wishful thinking on behalf of progressives to paint their enemies a certain way.
>>
Canada is very good choice. America is very bad for muslims.Don't rule out Europe though. Go to any country except America.

Sidewalks are pretty cool though, it's weird you don't have them. While we also have crime at night it's mostly confined to the dark parts of town if you know what I mean.Stuff is a lot cheaper here but it's been like that all my life so I don't really notice it unless I'm travelling and then it's a shock seeing what other's pay. It depends on your profession and the area but work is probably a lot like yours. If you work for a place you're expected to show up. Time off is included though, but it varies based on contract. Taxes are high here too, but success is very easy to achieve, in fact I'd say that is the biggest advantage of western life. Economic stability.
>>
>>36606971

Oh yeah, one more thing: If you're open to accepting a different society/culture, you'll fit in just fine. If there's one problem we have with migrants is not because of their skin color or tradition (just keep those things home), but distancing yourself from the rest of society will leave you worse off than back in SA since most of society wont accept it. To be honest, if you cant deal with the libertarian ideal, you shouldn't go to the west.

This is why we have a lot of neighbourhoods in cities where the arab/muslim communities create a so called 'bubble'. Interestingly enough, most African/Indian (hindu)/Asian/Russian/Eastern Europeans blend in just fine.

Went backpacking in the middle east a few years ago. I like the ideal of social cohesion, since we lack that. And yeah, one of the largest reasons why crime is high here - some people dont give a shit and our social identity allows it (not crime, but 'not giving a shit'). I wouldn't want to live there, though, but i did see and experienced a few things that i honestly thought you guys had it better than western societies did. And really, materialism and 'being rich' doesn't solve feeling like an outcast or being depressed.

Anyway, that's enough to say i suppose.
>>
>>36606971
Thanks, this is a good response too, I'm not surprised he wants to go back, this country is really really restricted on most things, it's a hell-hole, I'm just scared of being alone when I go to the west/the changes being big and I would end up being unhappy and alone and feel into the "the grass is greener on the other side" trap. This is a big life decision and I'm VERY scared of fucking up and ending up in shit
>>36607030
I'm not Muslim, I'm a shut in atheist and a closet fag, I also don't look like most Arabs.

>>36607093
You don't understand, I'm not distant. I feel more at home with western people and relate alot to their culture, I've been shut in and lived on the internet, movies, video games most of my life. That's why I speak English fluently. Most of my friends are from the west. I'm not a "culture" type of person, I really hate cultures, nationalism, religion, anything that puts people in a bubble, I despise most of it. I want to be just a generic human.

>>36606986
>I'm gonna go to Canada and be a successful, educated, contributing member to it's society, I have the grades, and I did all the hard work to do it.
>Some shut-in autist from R9K who probably never achieved something in his life is sperging about it

Feelsgood.
>>
>>36607305

>I'm not a "culture" type of person, I really hate cultures, nationalism, religion, anything that puts people in a bubble, I despise most of it. I want to be just a generic human.

That's great. You'll probably find it to your liking then.
>>
>>36606990
He said none of that. He only talked about the views on 4chan. Don't extrapolate because the shoe fit your feet.
>>
>>36607305

He called it a 'reverse culture-shock' when he went back to SA. He got adjusted quite well and quick to life here, and likes it better than back home.

That said, he does kinda enjoy being with family again - but that's literally the only thing he missed when he was in The Netherlands. That said, the fact that he doesn't have so many 'vices' within arms reach does make him a more stable, functioning person. Although, unhappy and depressed.
>>
>>36607573
>reverse culture shock

This is common among saudis who studied abroad, when they come back here they always say they're at a shock to what they're coming back to. Anyways thank you and the rest of the good anons for their good responses, these help alot. More than you think. Maybe I just worry too much.
>>
>>36605164

Right on man, I'm a grad student in Canada. Anyone you'll meet at school will be super tolerant, don't let these spergs get you down.

Congrats on the hard work, what are you going to study? And where?
>>
>>36605164
What are the privations of liberty you have there at saudi arabia?
Are you allowed to dress what you want?
To sing in public? To perform plays and shit?
To preach whatever religion? To eat any food?
Are adulterous woman executed?
Are gays executed?
>>
>>36605164
As long as you leave your countries backwards beliefs back in Saudi Arabia, you're welcome in Canada. I have a sympathy for gay people stuck living in those fundamentalist Muslim countries. Good luck to you.
>>
>>36607615

I think you are. Does the SA government still provide that study financing? My friend used to have a rather generous handout. I believe it was on the condition that after graduation he was to work in SA for at least a number of years. (5 or so i think? Cant remember) Sounds nice.

And as long as you're open minded, friendly, you'll do fine. Especially college and university campuses are very used to foreigners from all over the world. Take your study seriously and take care of yourself, and you shouldn't need to worry at all.

Good luck!
>>
Shouldn't you focus on fixing your home country instead? The Middle East is shit because people like you just pussy out and run away thus creating a breeding ground for terrorists and savages.
>>
Vancouver-Anon here.
>What do you do to stay happy?
Hiking, camping, shooting, checking out local breweries, going to movies and concerts. Also normal quiet type stuff like reading and vidya.
>What are the good/fun aspects of life as a Canadian/westerner?
Reasonably clean air and water, a beautiful outdoors, freedom to enjoy a large variety of activities, grey market marijuana (I don't smoke myself), and people that are generally pretty chill and friendly, though there are assholes here same as anywhere.
>Is most of what I said true?
It's true you won't survive long without some kind of income. If you're educated finding a decent paying job with good benefits should be much easier. Manage your money well and you can retire early. Houses here are absurdly expensive though.
>>
>>36607850

You've got any idea how the Saudi royals treat 'free-thinkers' that dare topple their status quo?
>>
>>36607850
Not gay guy:
>We should be more tolerant towards gays
Everyone else:
>Kill that guy! He's a fag!
Yeah, no. That's stupid. People who advocate for being more tolerant and less crazy fundamentalist get acid thrown in their face or executed.
>>
Anon are you this guy? https://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/7711971/
>>
>>36607850
I'd like to see you try to fix a country that actually executes your kind for your mere existence.
You don't get how serious that is, do you?
Imagine any part of your identity, either physical or psychological. The colour of your skin, your musical taste, your clothing choice, your height, your sense of humor. Now imagine living in a place where you can be legally lawfully executed just for being of this "x" denomination? Have you any idea of what's that like? The possibility of ending your life by simply going outside and saying out loud "I am x". That's all it takes.
I'd like to see you trying to fight it.
>>
>>36605164
Bring oilbux and I'll let you stay with me in the states.
>>
>>36607850
Personally, I see no problem with brain draining backwards shitholes into the ground if we're getting bright, promising people coming into our country.

Mass immigration of barely literate retards fucking with our social order is when I become upset.
>>
>>36605164
Are you
>>36553711
?????
trtrh
fng
>>
>>36607643
>Where
Probably UBC
>What
Something that can realistically give me the biggest chance possible to stay in the country and a 4-year graduation time so I can quickly start settling down

>>36607805
yes if your grades and marks are really high they finance it all for you, that's the program I'm hoping to join and probably the one your friend was in, can you ask him if he was part of the King abdullah's missions program or was he part of some independent company like ARAMCO or something like that? I would really really appreciate that because this is the first time I hear of a 5 year job type of thing and I hope they don't do it with the King abdullah missions program (the one I want to join)

>>36607850
Can you just eat a dick and die? It's like telling a Jew to come out of the closet in Nazi germany and try to fix shit up, just go fuck yourself you retarded autist and stop coming to my thread.

>>36608398
>>36608072
yes that's me
>>
>>36608620

Just asked him, he was with the King Abdullah mission.

Yeah, 5 years - and you have to seek out the job yourself.

Can be more than 5 years if you're in a particular industry where they have a high need for a well-educated workforce. I'd say, choose wisely if you're not planning on staying longer than 5 years.

If you were to go with companies such as ARAMCO, he doesn't know - but it's got an assured future. Maybe even a chance to work for a company abroad. (so you can stay in the country if you want)

I'd post some contact details (generally not a great idea on 4ch), but considering i read your story that was posted here earlier, i'll keep it private.

If there's any more you'd like to ask, don't take too long, i'm exhausted and going to bed soon. Have to work again tonight.
>>
>>36609055
Well, this is big news because I want to stay there and never come back, so I'll have to manage a solution

Thank you so much kind anon for your help, If you're still awake please ask him what were his SAT/GAT grades and what was his profession
>>
>>36609055
Also could you ask him if he knows if anyone ever dodged this condition and got to stay after they went there?
>>
>>36608620
These guys just told me to tell you I'm glad you're okay.
>>
>>36609406

Regarding the SAT/GAT thingy, 80 or above he believes. Should be listed on the ministry's website along with the other requirements, so go take a look there he suggests.

As for dodging the condition, he says its possible but doesn't really know how since he never did it. It's likely you'll have to pay back (a part) of your tuition money afterwards - but i suppose that's okay if you get settled with a job and citizenship there.

As for going in with a company such as ARAMCO, it's pretty much impossible. I suppose there are some legal restrictions regarding that stuff.

And you're welcome man, always glad to help out. Maybe our paths will cross again someday.
>>
>>36605164
Fuck off shitskin. This place is fucking brown enough as it is without me snapping and killing everything in sight. Stay in your own fucking country and stop being a faggot. I'd track you down and just you into the authorities for even suggesting to come here.
>>
>>36609907

Oh, he studied medicine by the way.
>>
>>36609907
Anon, you have no idea how much you are helping me right now, thank you so much

>You have to sign a contract to come back and work for a few years

This is actually scaring me shitless, this is the first time I find out about this, I need to dodge it.

Yeah I know the minimum requirements are 80+ on both the tests, but I was just curious what were his grades.

If paying back a sum of the tuition is the way than I think I'm in the clear, but if I'm legally required to come back or I will get into shit than I'm in serious trouble.
>>
>>36610013
>Medicine

7 year doctor medicine? if he did than I understand why there are rules for him to come back (Or maybe the rules were changed, since he got into his scholarship 7 years ago, that's a long time)

I'm so glad I created this thread, thank you senpai
>>
>>36610052

Sorry to hear that man, but at least there's a way to dodge it.

Just from the top of my head - not that im saying its a good idea - fix up a VPN located in North America (just in case) and take some John Doe name and pose as an SA student studying abroad asking for his options to stay after graduation through e-mail with the Saudi ministry. Maybe it'll work and you can see if they bargain.

In any case, it is apparently possible to dodge it, but you'll have to figure that out yourself.

Even then, you could say you're in trouble, but you're still managing right now right? 5 years sounds like much, but if i look back 5 years ago at myself i find it hard to tell it was that long ago. But that's just me.

>>36610087

I don't know how many years. Naturally, well educated people in healthcare are in high demand.

And you're welcome man, glad to help out. I know first-hand how it's like, since my Saudi friend was in the same situation. Only difference is that he isn't into men, but a closet-atheist for sure. He always had the mentality "Fake it till you make it" and just follows the rules. I think you can relate.

On a side note, might be funny to add, i met him again when i was backpacking in the Middle East 1 1/2 years ago, we had good fun. We were also 99% certain we were being continuously tailed by the secret service after a run-in with one of them. I understand your paranoia.

Anyway, have a nice day brother, i hope it works out for you. Maybe our paths will cross again someday.
>>
>>36605882
Listen just stay there, you're so entitled you trash
>>
File: 1489703513355.jpg (57KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
1489703513355.jpg
57KB, 600x922px
>>36611725
No :3

By the way, I'm an original person. ORIGINALITY!
>>
bumpppp

origorigorigorig
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.