[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those that started college at a later age (25+), how did it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1481034959924.jpg (187KB, 467x511px) Image search: [Google]
1481034959924.jpg
187KB, 467x511px
To those that started college at a later age (25+), how did it go/how is it going? Has your age made things harder for you.
>>
knew a guy who was 34 when he started
nobody gives a shit
just do it nigger
>>
>>36599425
>Meet cute girl
>18 shy virgin
>Get close to her over a few months
>Go to ask her out
>You're too old
>I'm 28
>>
File: 1491029485924.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491029485924.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
I'm in my third year, I started college at 27.

Being 10 years older than everybody else has definitely hurt me socially to an extent. Usually when people find out I'm a lot older they immediately find me completely unrelatable even though we're really in the same stage of life to me. I was a NEET during those 10 years so we're on the same terms really but they don't know that. I pretty much have no guy friends at all.

At the same time, girls seem to be more interested in talking to me since I'm older which is the opposite reaction I thought it would have. All the people I'm forced to socialize with are women usually because my major has way more women than guys. I remember I was forced into a group project in my freshman year and my partners were this pretty muslim girl and this black girl. They thought I was cool as shit when I told them my age. The muslim girl became my friend for the rest of the year, she just liked to hang around me.

Unfortunately, I'm still beta as fuck and I don't want to be perceived as a creeper for flirting with 17-18 year old girls so my personality at school is largely quiet and stoic but I'm not unpopular. People just see me differently but not necessarily in a bad way.
>>
If you don't start at age 17 or 18 you're screwed, if your parents don't have a decent amount of money you're screwed, if you had to take out student loans or went to a community college for a degree you're screwed, if you come from a financially strong background you'll probably graduate with honors and no debt because money buys universities.

Academia may have been about learning at some point but that time has long left us, college is an orgy party for the wealthy
>>
>>36599869
In nursing?
I am and I'm with nothing but girls.
>>
>>36599957
Pre-med biology here.
>>
>>36600041
I have the same problem. I don't want to seem like a creeper, but I still want to take advantage of girls thinking I'm mature or something
>>
>>36599916
>Don't want to go to college
>Baby boomer dad is forcing me to

I'm glad I never took my SAT. It's the ultimate fail safe despite my 3.0 GPA
>>
>>36599425
27, my major seems to have a lot of older people in it. My lab group of 4 youngest person was 23, and i was second youngest at 27, next was 29, then 35.

I don't think my age had hurt my social life because I'd have no social life even if i was 18
>>
I'm 26 and starting in the fall and I'm TERRIFIED.
>>
>>36599425

You're not going to be one of the kids. You're going to be "that guy."

If you can get over that, it's a great option. Dispel any thought you may have of getting any pussy unless you look like chad, or are in a frat, or have a lot of money. And you're especially not going to join a frat at 25 because that would be fucking embarassing to them.
>>
>>36600091
Absolutely, I want to fuck pretty much every girl that's willing to talk to me but if even one of those girls thinks I'm creepy then that spreads to the whole flock. It wouldn't be great, can't make any rash actions.
>>
>>36599425
I was 33 when I started. It was pretty much impossible to make friends, but whatever I'm used to it.
>>
>>36599869
>>36600091
Is it really creepy if you're both adults though?
>>
>>36600536
Well, would it be creepy if she was 17?

Adult age (18) is an arbitrary age after all, legacy of ancient Greece.

You need to use your intuition to tell if it's creepy or not.

But OPs should try it anyways. I don't think without trying he can ever be sure if he would creepy or not.
>>
>>36599425
>be 25+ when i went to college (again)
>everyone was way younger than me
>when i was at college last time i got no attention at all
>suddenly 3 young classmates (female) keep pestering me in hallways in between classes
>feel like i pedo for attracting them, avoid them like the plague so i won't get in trouble
I think there are some young ladies that have mature men fetish or some shit, unless your hygiene is absolute shit and you look like a hobo boxer you will be appealing alternative to them drooling after teachers
>>
>>36599425
Makes things easier. Watch the stupid 18 yo dipshits make a mess of their lives and grades while you work your ass off. Who needs their kind of social life anyway? What you really need is a good paying job, the kind a degree gets you. Not to mention professors know you make an effort and remember your name. Comes in handy networking later on. Also, not to mention you have better confidence going in because you've lived more. If you're 25+ and you came to college to make friends with 18yo dipshits, kys.
>>
>>36599869
Just lie about your age senpai
>>
>>36600536
Yeah, kind of. People just don't perceive you as an equal when you're that much older. You're like a being that's meant to be above them.
>>
>>36600665
>tfw avoided by grills 24/7 even at that same older age/college situation

That's when I knew I was ugly af. This was after 10 years at the gym too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.