[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>birthday >sister gets me a smartphone since I never had

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Nexus 6P.jpg (255KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus 6P.jpg
255KB, 1200x900px
>birthday
>sister gets me a smartphone since I never had one before

I've been getting all the apps like Uber, Skype, Instagram, Snapchat, etc that normies use because I don't know what else to get. Haven't got any games yet.

How do I deal with advertisements? Do I need virus protection for my phone or anything?
>>
>>36593777
Just don't click the little niggers and you'll be fine
Be sure to tell your sister you love her every day
>>
>>36593777
If you use firefox nightly for a browser you can install ublock origin and have it be like a desktop browser.
>>
>>36593865

Alright. So there's nothing I can do about advertisements in apps like Youtube and Instagram?

>>36593850

Okay. I don't plan on using my phone for Firefox/Google Chrome too much since I don't feel the need to be on the Internet when I'm outside my home . I don't even plan on using it in the bathroom or browsing before I sleep.
>>
>>36593953
You say that now but once you get used to it you'll be using it everywhere and won't go anywhere without it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-27-10-33-09.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-27-10-33-09.png
1MB, 720x1280px
The only games I have are 2048 (the real one not a clone) and a clone of the fallout terminal hacking mini game called hacker terminal.
I don't know of any system wide adblockers that don't require root.
If you want to customize your phone's look, get a custom launcher (I use Nova, it's pretty good) and go through icon packs.
>>
>>36593777
get pixel dungeon, great game
>>
>>36593953
>YouTube
Look up newpipe, it's a bit lacking features but it has no ads and allows you to download video/audio. In fact, just look through fdroid for shit anon, I found some cool shit back in the day with doing that on Cydia.
>>
>>36593990

Cool.

Tips on making phone homescreen as cool as the people on /wg/? Yours looks really nice.
>>
>>36593777
get firefox as a browser
it allows you to install ublock, a ad blocker
>>
>>36594098
The homescreen thread has a faq, just mess around with things until you have something you like.
>>
>>36594098
a good start is to download an aftermarket launcher fr the app store
>>
foobar2k is a great app for your phone, you can remote control the player on your pc with it

netflix,android pay and your banks pay system too

also try love live
>>
I'm gonna assume you got the 6P.

If you want an efficient adblock (system wide, doesn't use resources) look into rooting your phone, it's less scary than it sounds (you cannot brick/break the Nexus line phones) and gives you basically admin access on your phone. Root + AdAway is sexy.

Also, don't install stuff from shady sites (as in, not Google Play or F-Droid) and you're fine. You do not need an anti-virus, they are basically malware themselves.

I'm a contributor to AOSP (the codebase for Android as a whole) so AMA if you want.
>>
>>36594284
Galaxy s7 here. How risky would it be to root my phone?
>>
>>36593777
Holy shit this is the only place I've ever seen people not having smartphones and still taking webcam pics in 2017

Are you guys like Asian robots with strict parents or some shit
>>
>>36594345
Samsung is trickier. They have Odin tripping and serious warranty voiding, however, if you're up for it it's still relatively easy and safe, I don't recall Samsung phones being easily brickable and as far as I know, they have their super-secure DOWNLOAD mode which can basically restore your phone to factory default from any state, even if you do happen to somehow brick it. However, if you follow instructions, that's very unlikely.
>>
File: 1486802912646.jpg (5KB, 370x334px) Image search: [Google]
1486802912646.jpg
5KB, 370x334px
>>36594395
Funny. I'm an Asian robot in Asia and I literally never asked for a phone until I graduated college at 20 (skipped a few grades). I just never had a use for them. I have my brother's old LG G4 now but I never use apps apart from the F Droid ones and my prepaid SIM just expired from not bothering to keep it topped up.
>>
File: 1486808137012.jpg (107KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486808137012.jpg
107KB, 960x540px
>>36594503
Also, get RetroArch if you want to emulate some old games. Its UI and configuration takes some time learning though.
>>
File: 1486136981196.jpg (53KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486136981196.jpg
53KB, 640x640px
>>36593777
Install F-Droid. From there, install Clover. It's a super comfy 4chan app.
>>
>>36594395
no, it's just you're just a normalfag who barely goes past the basic normalfag surface level of internet culture

to belong on this board means being 22+ or 23+, the generation that grew up with knocking on your friends door to find out if he's home and then having your first phone be flippy or sliding rather than smart. none of us were spoiled children, and no child needs a smart phone until college, so add 1 and 1
>>
>>36594284
Why are there so many apps that try installing rooting malware from their ads? Is Jewgle doing anything about this?
>>
Best smartphone app I've got is Simon Tatham's puzzles. It's got a bunch of autismo shit and it's free.
>>
>>36594613
That's stupid as fuck you guys just try and not be mainstream and I literally grew up doing that I was born in 92
>>
>>36594686
then

> you're just a normalfag who barely goes past the basic normalfag surface level of internet culture
>>
>>36594284
How dogshit will the current version run on a 1st gen moto g?
>>
>>36594613

It's pretty much mandatory to have a smartphone by the age of 16. Employers will outright refuse entry-level work to people who don't own a smartphone or a car. Many employers use apps to contact and manage their employees and employees are expected to use apps to contact each other.
>>
>>36594587
What to I do if I just can't find a 4chan app that I like? I just can't stand the look of most of them, especially the catalog.
>>
>>36594865
I dislike most other apps I tried but Clover is pretty nice. If you don't like it then I guess your only other option is >>36594198
Don't browse 4chan on a phone using Chrome (or any other app without adblocking), you'll get AIDS ads up the ass.
>>
If the sound quality on your phone is bad, will music sound better if it's hooked up to a speaker or will a speaker/stereo just amplify how bad your phone's sound quality is?
>>
>>36593777
Get clover, it's not on the app store, google it.
>>
>>36594615
AFAIK Google is working on something with machine learning that scans the Play Store for all malicious apps (including rootkits, but not limited to as far as I can see). However, if you insist on installing apps from 3rd party apps you're SOL. At least there's still the monthly security updates.

>>36594713
Not too dogshit looks like, LineageOS has updated builds for the Moto G (look for "falcon").
>>
What are some good subtle videogame ringtone/text notifications?

been using the Metal Gear Solid codec noise for over 10 years. A sound from a more recent game is ideal so everyone will know how HIP I am.
>>
>>36593777
>>36594244
Nova launcher is a good launcher if you decide on getting one.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.