[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are video games a waste of time lads? After high school all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Are video games a waste of time lads?

After high school all of my online friends either stopped playing or just straight up sold their Xbox 360s.

I didn't buy an Xbox One because I would have no one to play with. But I still check back my 360 from time to time to see if anyone is online. No one ever is. Growing up is depressing.
>>
nothing is a waste of time if you like doing it and it doesn't hurt anyone else
>>
>>36586821
Video games aren't a waste of time, but getting an Xbone sure is.
>>
just get a PS4

>runs better so better multiplats
>actually has exclusives

or get a PC so you can pretend like you're a functional adult while you're putting in $1200 of parts inside
>>
>>36586821
Depends what your goals are in life. If you want to stay NEET then sure it isn't a waste of time. But if you want to become a lawyer then you can't really afford playing vg for 10 hours a week.
>>
>>36586830
Waste of time/=/growing
>>
>>36586842
I prefer consoles desu famalamp
>>
I don't think so, its not exactly productive, but neither is star gazing or dating.
>>
>>36586842
That computer built with a good cost benifit ratio and with a SSD could last 5-10 years though.

For this to be optimal it requires fx-8350 or equivelent and a top-end gpu optimal for your uses
>>
>>36586821
yes, videogames are a waste of time.

they're fun but useless. every time you play videogames instead of taking opportunities to improve your life you are sinking further into the pit of worthlessness. you won't notice immediately, but once you get deep enough you look around and realize you've become a depressed failure of a human like everyone else here.

productive successful happy people do not play videogames.
>>
>>36586845
10 hours a week is fucking nothing.

You're seriously telling me you can't spare under 2 hours a day for your hobbies?

If so your life must be really depressing.
>>
>>36586895
Depends who you are and what you work.
>>
>none of these underage posters understand the hardships of hard work just to survive
>expects me to play games which I wish I could but I couldn't pay the bills
>>
>>36586821
yes.

I can only speak for myself but there came a time once i realised this and simply could not enjoy them any more. I mean, id always known they werent productive but, hey, who cares theyre a way to kill time. If youre killing time youre not living. The hollow sense of accomplishment garnered from beating a boss or getting a better trophy is meaningless to me now and is just another reminder of the fruitlessness of the activity.

Even when i was young whenever i finished a game id feel empty like id lost a purpose and its because i had. My life has been a string of collectables and bosses detached from both one another and real life. I never had an actual purpose or goal so instead sought refuge in fiction. Its telling that my life has gone nowhere.

I still play video games but its almost masochistic at this point and born out of a lack of other things to do. I dont enjoy any of them, even new ones i purchase, qnd spend my time opening one, playing for 5 minutes to then close it and then open another. It pains me to think of the time ive wasted and of the immense opportunity cost: a life.
>>
>>36587096
Dude don't fuck me up like that. I'm trying to have a good night
>>
It's on the same level as watching TV or reading. And other people certainly "waste" their time doing those.
>>
If you cannot find joy in your hobbies anymore, it is likely that you are frustrated or sad about something else in your life. Worrying about wasting your time doing anything only happens if you fear you aren't living up to your potential. People who have the careers, the relationships and goals they themselves want do not worry over wasting time watching tv, reading or playing video games.
>>
>>36587143
would you rather i lied? What did you expect from his thread?
>yeah, bro, vidya gonna get you that qt3.14 gf, a cushy 6 figure job and acceptance from your peers.
Unfortunately, this isnt real.

The is nothing wrong with playing vidya in moderation. Im sure many young people play maybe an hour a day and even some adults play a bit. However, if your spending 4 or more hours of your day doing what is, essentially, nothing then you are going to realise something in 6 years time. If youre hugely underage (<15) then it doesnt really matter yet since school is a farce, girls dont matter and vidya is probably a common talking point. Just make sure it isnt all you do, all you can talk about or all you are because you dont want to be left behind like i was.
>>
>>36587201

Also, overindulging in something is s sure-fire way to get bored of it.
>>
>>36586821
It's only a waste of time if you don't like them.
Being "productive" is a meme to shame you into working hard to make more money for corporations.
>>
File: 327346354277345.jpg (299KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
327346354277345.jpg
299KB, 920x920px
You depressed faggots make video games look bad. Find another fucking hobby and stop crying.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.