[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you autists do when someone approaches asking for money?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8

File: 02950295052.jpg (102KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
02950295052.jpg
102KB, 1024x683px
What do you autists do when someone approaches asking for money? Do you acknowledge them and say sorry or are they completely invisible to you?
>>
>give them money
>"thanks Anon, God bless you"
>"y-you're welcome"
>inwardly seethe at my inability to say no
>>
If captive (like I'm pumping gas or in a drive thru line or something)
>sorry i don't have any cash

If just walking on the sidewalk
>just walk right on by
>>
>>36578050
I was almost robbed by some homeless nigger when he stopped me to panhandle.
so now i just ignore them
>>
>>36578050
Most the times just ignore, or say i dont have any to spare.

Being a NEET, I really don't have any to spare. If I didn't live at home with mom and dad, I would be like them or worse

Anyway, last time this happened

>guy on bike basically ambushes me as Im coming back from buying a cheap donut.
>Hey , do you have 50 cents man?
>What are you gonna buy with 50 cents dude?
>Im gonna get breakfast, I almost have enough (shows me a few dollars and some change)
>give him change and say DO I LOOK LIKE MR MONOPOLY DUDE? LOOK AT MY OLD CAR (its a beat up 99 jeep). There's Teslas and Mercedes here and you're begging from me?
>Whoa dude, you don't have to sound so upset!
>GO ENJOY YOUR BREAKFAST MAN!
>He rides off towards the Mcdonalds, doesn't go to Mcdonalds, rides to the grocery store, and comes out with a bag (probably some kind of booze)

Not gonna give any of those assholes any money for awhile or maybe Ill just go back to offering to buy them a meal like I used too. Most of them never took my offer.
>>
I ask them for money
>>
>>36578198
>sorry i don't have any cash
This doesn't always work. One time some alcoholic cunt wouldn't fuck off after I told him that. I swear it looked like the guy was going to start shit but fortunately he walked off.
>>
>>36578050
>All I have is a card man, sorry.
>>
>>36578050
>genuine smile while passively shaking my head. This works %99 of the time, and they even thank you since most people treat them like scum.
>if they mistake the smile for a weakness and try to harass me into giving them money then I get serious and firmly say I don't have any.
>there is no need to raise your voice unless they harass you for a second time.
>>
>>36578050
I killed a gypsey in romania for this
>>
>>36578454
>takes out knife
>give me the card anon
>>
>>36578363
you did sound like an asshole tho.
>>
>>36578490
>runs away

Originolio
>>
>>36578050
I give them money. If I dont have any then I roll them a cigarette.
>>
>>36578454
yeah just say you don't have any. do not mention cards.
>>
I sometimes talk this homeless guy that lives under this bridge,
super smart,claims to have a phd in mathematics
I always wondered what the hell happened to him to make him live this way
>>
"No cash, card only"
Then I keep walking or pumping gas or whatever and don't look at them
>>
>>36578521
yep, i usually offered them cigs too if I don't have change.
>>
>>36578116
I give them money, because I know
this is my eventual future someday
>>
>>36578050
I like to give them water or food whenever I get the chance. Where I live, the sun is always blistering hot, so I always feel bad for them.

Nobody is really nice to me, might as well be nice to them.
>>
>>36578523
It works for me. Most homeless people in my city are based on one street downtown, so they usually won't try to rob you for your card.

I say usually because there's been a spike in K2 usage so there's some crazy ones
>>
File: mathisfun.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mathisfun.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>36578532
"Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They just made a terrible life choice."
>>
>>36578506
I gave him all my change. Was probably more like a dollar than 50 cents.
>>
>got nowt mate, sorry

I'm usually wearing business casual attire which probably annoys them a little extra.

In the USA I know you have a lot of homeless veterans and I would be sympathetic to most of them, but in my English city the homeless are just wasters in their twenties. Out of their heads on drugs, drinking alcohol, shoplifting, being a general nuisance. Fuck 'em.

There's one older guy who I've gotten to know. He actually plays his guitar and sings (poorly) to earn money rather than directly bothering people. Nice gentle guy.I know he drinks which doesn't do him any favours but I don't hold it against him. I'll give him change and buy him a coffee when I see him.
>>
>>36578050
i usually give them a dirty look, and frown or shake my head, and gaze down on them like they are embarrassing human trash. i definitely dont give them anything. i usually dont speak to them unless i have to.
>>
>>36578678
>a lot of homeless veterans

Maybe like 20% of them.

The rest are just druggies or mentally ill.
>>
>>36578050
>be in the capital alone in front of train station
>ey dude
>turn around it's obvious junkie with gigantic dog
>ey man you got some change? It would really help us
>look over, on the ground sits junkie whore with another dog
>smile and say sorry man I have no money just train ticket
>nah come on dude just a coin
>I really don't have anything man
>3 cops with vests on yell out
>HEY! PUT THAT FUCKING DOG ON A LEASH RIGHT NOW! COME ON!
>do 360 and get the fuck out

I was never so glad to see pigs before. The dog looked scary.
I bet they could see me unable to leave the situation like the retarded NEET autist I am so they helped.
>>
Once i apologised because i had no spare change. He pulled out a knife and chased me.

I blank them now
>>
File: 1324197612033.jpg (12KB, 227x248px) Image search: [Google]
1324197612033.jpg
12KB, 227x248px
You use a pop-up blocker online, why not the same thing IRL? Just ignore beggars and solicitors like the human spam that they are.

I walk outside in Los Angeles every day and easily 100s of beggars will ask for money or hold out cups. I learned to pretend that they don't exist. There are social services to help the poor and homeless, beggars are just greedy, mentally ill, or drug addicts/alcoholics. Fuck them all, don't give them money, and push away rich tourists who try to. Let them go back to wherever they came from for be put in prisons and mental asylums where they belong.
>>
I ignore them why would I give money to some failures that sit on their ass and beg.
>>
>>36578393
underrated post, originally desu
>>
I only give homeless people money if they have a doggo with them
>>
>>36578721
Still a fair amount. In the UK I think it's under 10% but where I live the only people I see begging are young guys.

If there wasn't any risk attached, I'd hand out poisoned coffee like it was nobody's business. Get the fuck off my streets, scum.
>>
one time i said no to a homeless guy asking for change and he acted like he was going to turn and just walk away, then out of nowhere he backhanded me across the face. i was shocked because it was so unexpected.
>>
>>36578824
Fuck you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpekaGwZ-zU
>>
>>36578850
was lt a nigger
>>
>>36578050
I just say "I can't help you" and they always say okay and flee the scene like the cops are about to show up
>>
I tell them I don't have any money because it's usually the truth. Otherwise I say the same thing but it's a lie.
>>
>>36578722
Were they gonna sic the dog on you?
>>
no as they're homeless for a reason. some states decide if they;'re homeless if they decline shelter. they are loaded with money from begging.
>>
>>36578678
In the USA 90% of the homeless are drug addicts begging for heroin or crack money. Don't trust veteran signs.
>>
>>36578840
>I'd hand out poisoned coffee like it was nobody's business

That's pretty terrible of you. I realize I could end up like these people. I'm more upset the government won't do anything to help them. My state spends billions on high speed rail to nowhere, shit for illegal aliens, and overpriced union labor.
>>
I usually just simply say no because I'm broke too most the time. Most "homeless" around here are just beggar's tho.

If I have food or cans or bottles I'll offer them that. No one wants food tho which says to me they aren't that bad off.
>>
>>36578116
This is my reaction too.
>>
When I lived in Honolulu I kept my ear buds in at all times. The worst offenders would tap on my shoulder and bug me anyway but this filtered out the vast majority of the annoyances. It's not always bums either. People will approach you begging for money for their charity. When I lived there I was constantly broke and I would pick up pennies off the street hoping to be able to eventually afford a hot dog or some shit. Paying for things with nickels dimes and pennies was a common occurrence for me.

One time an old black crackhead came up to me and asked me for pennies. I thought it was hilarious, nobody ever asks for pennies, it's always got a dollar. I gave him a shitload.
>>
>>36578789
It is LA that is spam, and by default its population.
>>
>>36578907
How the fuck should I know mate.
All I know is they were both on pervitin/meth had one gigantic fat dog and one smaller dog. Oh and the junkie obviously didn't take my (truth) "just a train ticket" for an answer.

If he didn't corner me with that dog I would just walk away but the dog man....
>>
>>36578999
Speaking of charities. Do you guys trust just random ppl on the street collecting?. I just can't.

Actually I don't trust charities at all.
>>
>>36578814
underrated fag
>>
i either say "no sorry" or if they're persistent i tell them i only have my bus pass (they usually
hang around the bus station)

don't feel sorry for them either, they usually spend it on cigarettes and alcohol or drugs. if you really feel like you wanna help them then buy them some food and give it to them, don't give them money ever
>>
I get asked every day. It's usually the same people too. I'd say 70% are simply scam artists. They work in shifts and fight over prime begging territory.

10% are crack heads with no shame or desire to get better.
10% are mentally ill and need help.
10% are genuinely good people simply down on their luck

PLEASE don't give homeless people money or food. There are food banks and food stamps and programs for them. Nothing is black and white but for god's sake stop enabling them since the majority is scammers
>>
>>36579076
Even if I could trust them I'm not going to give them shit because they're bothering me. I have social anxiety and I couldn't even walk down the fucking street without being bothered. I was constantly taking side streets and switching to the other side when I see people because of this fucking shit. I was wishing they would take their stupid broke asses back to the mainland.

I was broke too but I was trying to find money other ways. I didn't need to beg. I'd go to the fucking Ala Moana Center and go in the sharper image to dig change out of the cracks of the massage chairs. I'd also return the carts to get a quarter each time I could find one.
>>
A local crazy lady asked me for cash once and I just told her that I didn't have any.
>>
>>36579244
did she throw cars at you?
>>
I've given them stuff before during a manic spell but I usually just smile and hold out my hand. That's enough for most but after that I act like they're ghosts and no longer respond to them. It's a number game and they do handsomely enough. No bills and they pull anywhere from $20-150/day. It's a shitty job but mine's not exactly fun either.

One time I was unloading groceries and had to carefully figure out how to get everything together to make it in one trip. I hate elevators so I don't want to climb the stairs more than once to get to my apartment. Fucker does a hit and run, grabs the bag with my cheetos and tylenol in it when I'm not looking and takes off.
>>
>>36579096

You must be female. My girlfriend has the same feminine way of thinking. She tried pulling that shit and gave this woman outside a tupperware filled with home cooked goods. Naturally she cusses her out and tells her she didn't want that trash and that she wants money, then throws the goodie bag in the street. My poor girl was very upset and crying, but that was the last time she acknowledged a bum.
>>
>>36579318
No but she almost ran me over with her mobility scooter, her "horn" was just her shouting "beep beep out of the way".
>>
>>36578050
I give them a cigarette and talk to them I realise this isn't a very autistic reaction but I have been on the street before and half of the people out there sleeping rough its because they struggle socially like me and have no support network
>>
Walk right by. These cunts don't deserve shit. Only the money they should be making instead of wasting their given money on crack and alcohol.

Most homeless people are wife/child abusers, all-around criminals, and just shitty people anyway
>>
I pass by homeless people everyday I'm riding my bike to work.
>tfw ride as close as possible to them before swerving away

Get bent homeless fags
>>
There are these white flowers that grow everywhere here that contain datura seeds (a strong but fairly toxic hallucinogen) and when I was a kid I would give them to the beggars.

I hope they had fun trips
>>
>>36579456
its not feminine, people just know that they use it for drugs. My dad bought a mcdonalds meal for a homeless guy and he refused as well
>>
I was saying 'no thank you' for a while until I realized that's a weird thing to say because they're not offering to give me anything
>>
>>36578050
Instead of giving them money I buy them a burger/ chicken over rice, a magazine and a pancho.
>>
A lot of the time I give them a small amount of money.

They're my fellow sufferers who have been screwed over by the system.

The fact that poverty even exists is a crime against humanity.
>>
>>36580120
Poverty is a lifestyle choice and every bit as legitimate as any other, you fucking nazi. If they want to be poor it's not your place to stop them.
>>
>>36580164

>Poverty is a lifestyle choice

If everyone had equal access to the means of production, then maybe you could make that case.
>>
>>36578363
Why would you wait in your jeep long enough to see him come out of the store? Fake story
>>
>>36580196

So because the streets aren't running with blood you feel entitled to criticize others for their lifestyle? That's not how it works. People are still human no matter what political environment they currently live under.
>>
>>36580249

Not everyone is in a rush to run red lights and speed wherever it is they're going. I sometimes park my car just to people watch. At a gas station it takes me a minute to get everything situated. I jot down any ideas I need written on my pad, set up a playlist, check my agenda, that kind of thing. If I have an appointment it's not like my car is unsuitable for waiting. It's got drinks, climate control, comfy seat, and 4chan. If you watch you'll notice it doesn't take long for someone to go in a store, buy something, then exit. At most we're talking 5 minutes, and that's if they're indecisive and hadn't already selected their product before entering.
>>
>>36580120
Realizing that fact makes me want to ignore them, though. I can't help them in a meaningful way.
>>
I say no. Today a young kid (like 5) asked for a coin. I told him that I didn't have any.

At first you feel bad.
Eventually you accept life is shit and that you can't help them.
>>
I give them money if they're white.
>>
>>36578646
Must be a really fucking big pizza to feed a family of four.
>>
>>36580566
or you're fucking obese.
>>
>>36580566
thats two to three slices per person,
are you just fat?
>>
>>36578050
A couple days ago a homeless guy high on who knows what barged into the grocery store to ask for food because he was hungry
He kept pestering the employees, he was very high, and then he left, he almost yelled something in his way out but he ended up leaving quietly.
It's always wierfd when one of them decides to go into a store, at least this one didn't smell so bad
>>
>>36580400

You help them for some period of time. And that might affect them down the line, but yeah, I get what you mean.

At one point in my life, I was working for minimum wage. I couldn't afford anything, it was just a few buck an hour. I would slave away doing really gross, really hard work four hours on end for bosses who in addition to paying me almost nothing, were cheating me on top of that. I had to beg on the streets.

People over the course of an afternoon gave me about six bucks. I used it to buy dinner.

I still remember it ten years later. I remember one lady in particular who gave me two bucks in 2007 and I thanked her profusely, and she said, "It's fine. I really like to help people".

She had a significant impact on my life. Heck man, she's affecting me and by extension you right now because I'm sharing this anecdote with you, and I wouldn't be if she hadn't done that.
>>
>>36580596
>>36580607
3 slices is like 700 calories at most, kind of a shitty excuse for a meal. I'm a fucking lanklet and have 4 slices for dinner. I'm not magically gifted with a less efficient metabolism just from a few more inches height. A proper meal is supposed to be around 1200 calories if you just want to maintain the bear minimum weight, unless you're only of those faggots who eat snacks and the least least important meal of the day(breakfagst).
>>
>>36580566
gotta agree, 4 is definitely two pizzas worth with maybe 2 or three slices left over
>>
>>36578435
If they really want the money they will harass you and even intimidate you like that but they don't dare Rob you
People who go out to steal go out to steal. They approach you with a weapon and demand your money
The homeless guy wants you to think he will actually hurt you so you will give him.money willingly but the worst he will do is walk away calling you names
>>
>>36580675

>A proper meal is supposed to be around 1200 calories if you just want to maintain the bear minimum weight

That's nonsense man. 3600 calories a day is equivalent in calorie terms to a pound of pure fat.

Most of us don't need that much energy a day.
>>
File: 1 like 1 dead norm.jpg (97KB, 759x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1 like 1 dead norm.jpg
97KB, 759x1092px
I used to bitch out and give them money. But then I really thought about it and the types who go around asking for money are just normalfags who fucked their shit up too many times. Most of them were married and had kids at some point, some of them even still manage to get laid.

So now I flat out tell them "no" and give them a scornful look.
>>
Anyone timestamp a bum I'll fly there and kill him 28 hours
>>
>>36580751

That's 2400 calories, not 3600. I said maintain the bare minimum, not maintain normal weight. You must be a snack loving breakfagst eater. If you get fat on 2400 calories you're a fucking midget ass sedentary woman.
>>
File: 1437097973314.jpg (55KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
1437097973314.jpg
55KB, 720x691px
>>36578050
>walking on the board walk with friends
>family of blacks walk by
>the dad walks up to me and asks if i have any change
>"sorry no, don't carry cash"
>"yo man,how about some food for my kid?"
>see some black kid and his mom
>point and say "what about that pizza your wife is holding"
>"naw man, i'ma try to get sum nutrients fo my kid"
>"at a board walk?"
>he looks mad
>"look man, we are just hungry. it'd be greatly appreciated if you could give our boi sum meal"
>look at the wife again
>"your wife looks like she just got her hair and nails done and you guys can't afford to feed your kid? maybe you should fix your priorities dude"
>dad is super man "aww forget it man"
>"ok bye"

never feed the wildlife.
>>
ill give em money if they look like kind and respectable people. If its some methed up woman in a walmart parking lot i'll literally tell them to fuck off
>>
>>36578050
>approaches

Judo-toss them head-first into the concrete for being aggressive.

If they're just standing and sitting there holding a up of change and saying words to me, I just shake my head at them to say no because I'm listening to music or something and even if they were asking something else I can't understand them or care to listen.
>>
>>36580607
>two or three slices each
>feeding four people
>>
File: 1305408536235s.jpg (3KB, 126x117px) Image search: [Google]
1305408536235s.jpg
3KB, 126x117px
>>36578562
This, and also because it makes me happy to give if I can.
>>
File: vdj8mhwn5kgsn5gmwnl5.png (243KB, 460x413px) Image search: [Google]
vdj8mhwn5kgsn5gmwnl5.png
243KB, 460x413px
>>36578050
>dat feel when you walk into the store with a dollar to buy something cheap to eat, and some middle aged woman comes up to you, and asks you for 50 cents to buy a used book.
>Have to say no, and feel like shit because normally you like to help people out.
>>
>>36580670
I dobut you would have died for skipping dinner once
>>
>>36579896
You realize that homeless people don't starve right?
Most restaurants and bakery's give them old bread an other baked goods that went stale after they closed since they have no use for that shit and can't sell it
Places like subway don't directly give them the food because it becomes a problem when they hang around the store but they do leave shit like the meatballs in a separate bag since it's store policy that meatballs are thrown every night and u less meatballs is the sub of the day they aren't selling that many
If anything homeless people are fat and get diabetes because people give them food constantly and we'll, free food and a miserable life don't mix well
>>
If they put effort into the approach I'll give them a few bucks if I have it.

If they're performing in some way, especially if they're any good, I've given as much as $20 before.

One guy was playing a tenor sax and I was in a great mood and shit was just fucking amazing.

Another guy was jamming out on his guitar and played two of my favorite songs right in a row. I emptied out my cash into his guitar case.

The aggro/obviously high/lazy af ones can fuck right off, tho. I don't give them shit. Don't just sit on the fucking sidewalk holding out a cup, I'll pass right by you without a glance.
>>
i used to try my very best to help these types of people out, but in new york with so many homeless and everyone being almost faceless, i guess they adapt to be the worst pieces of shit ever. it's the classic story of "give a mouse a cookie". this homeless guy came up to me mumbling incoherently and i was able to make out that he wanted me to swipe him in. decided why not since i had an unlimited card and wouldn't be getting on another train in a few hours. i swipe, and the cunt literally demands my card so that he can "get home". after trying to tell him i needed it so that *i* could get home and it's a 30 dollar fucking unlimited card and i already swiped for him (which i think is illegal, can get a night in jail), he just said "....mane c'mon..."
just turned 180 and walked up the stairs as he proceeded to not go through the turnstile i swiped for him and instead swear at me as i left. there are a lot of stories i have like this, but this was the point when i wondered "why the fuck do i bother"
i used to think that they were just dealt a bad hand, but they're fucking roaches who feed off of betas who can't say no and the kindness of the weak and naive. fuck them, i treat them as nonhumans whenever i see them now.
>>
>walking home from walmart
>jaywalking across the road
>homeless dude came over with me
>i nod at him because why wouldn't i?
>asks me some shit

(i had headphones on)
>he points towards his cup
>I nod my head no while walking into the road but still looking at him
>car pulls up
>he points at it effectively alerting me
>look back and tell him

"Good looks mane"
>walked away
>always acknowledge the homeless
>>
I don't respond. I've probably had about as bad of a life as them, but I didn't let it turn me into a loser like them
>>
>>36578050
>nah fuck off
then keep walking
>>
>>36582787
Cont.
Just never pay them. I got shit to do too nigga.
>>
Stare them down but don't say or do anything.
>>
>walk past the same guy playing a violin for weeks
>Can never muster the courage to give him money

Sorry Mr. Music man
>>
>>36578050
Carry gun and when a homeless nigger goes a too far, fuckin stalks me or tries to guilt trip me, flash piece
>>
There was this really heinous trap panhandling outside the hospital and he gets in my face and I look at him and growl like rrrahhhh and keep walking and dude throws his change cup at my back.
>>
>>36578050
Around here it's mostly Roma and gypsies so i just ignore them they can be cunts at times
>>
File: 1492305932284.jpg (49KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1492305932284.jpg
49KB, 649x638px
>>36578454
I did this shit once. Motherfucker had a card swiper connected to his phone. Needless to say I just walked away lol
>>
>>36578050
Ik>be homeless
Tell em im homeless.
Rekt
>>
>>36578050
I'm actually really good with homeless people because they're normies, if I see a homeless guy (fuck the women, men need more help) I buy him a sandwich and a beer and a water bottle. Everyone needs a beer once in a while, right?
>>
>>36578050

depends

gave a dollar to one beggar cause he had a dog
couldnt let a doggo go hungry

gave money to another guy cause he played a mean bass guitar

gave money to another dude just cause i was in a good mood
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.