[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you still be decently functioning adult without sex

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1493145558237.jpg (85KB, 824x579px) Image search: [Google]
1493145558237.jpg
85KB, 824x579px
Can you still be decently functioning adult without sex or a relationship?
>>
Yes you can as long as you have a source of income.
>>
>>36569741
Yes, sex/relationships are extra bonuses not the main purpose of modern life
>>
>>36569741
Pretty sure the answer is no.

The entire purpose of adult life is to find mates and reproduce. The entire purpose of childhood is to guide you into becoming an adult who can find mates and reproduce.

Fail at any of this stuff and you fail at everything. You fail at life.
>>
File: reigen.png (410KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
reigen.png
410KB, 500x653px
Are you planning on mentoring a young esper?
>>
No but you can lie your way out of it.
>>
>>36569839

I'm not talking about biological success, any dumb nigger on welfare can pump out kids, I'm more so talking about maturity and overall life efficiency.
>>
>>36569741
Obviously. Become a priest
>>
File: sad_furious.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
sad_furious.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>36569741
Decently? Sure.
Look at me.
>>
I think you can. I wouldn't want to though. Being a NEET is more appealing. Sex/relationship is why I work. It's why I am a functioning human being.
>>
Maslow's hierarchy of needs says no.
>>
>>36570239
>Sex/relationship is why I work. It's why I am a functioning human being.

Good point. I think one of the reasons why I fail at life so much is because I don't do what it takes to get laid, I'm still relatively happy though.
>>
>>36569741
Maybe as a priest. But prolonged loneliness tends to destroy you as a person.
>>
According to doctors, answer is no.

You need to have sex to be fully functioning adult
>>
I believe it's possible to be asexual though. To not desire sex. It could be because of extreme abuse in childhood. It could be just a low sex drive. It could be just because you desire success in other areas of your life so much that you just don't bother. But if it's just neglected desire which it is in almost all cases you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>36570551
>You need to have sex to be fully functioning adult
This. In order to have sex you need to be comfortable in intimate situations. If you're not comfortable you're either avoidant or have mental problems.
>>
>>36569741
I imagine it'd make it easier.
It's adult life minus a whole lotta bullshit and drama.
>>
>>36570991
>I imagine it'd make it easier.

This is what I think too. I don't think you need sex to be happy or functional, it just makes it easier, going without it is just playing life with the difficulty slider further towards hell mode, but I think its perfectly doable.
>>
>>36569741
Define decently functioning.

I'm 22 HKV with a decent apartment, good job and disposable income. But I'm emotionally dead with no dreams or aspirations, and no reason to get out of bed every morning other than subsistence.
>>
>>36570551
>taking life advice from a fucking pill mill
I pity the fool
>>
>>36569741

No it's a losing battle. Need sex.
>>
>>36569741
as someone who has had both I can say on good authority that neither will bring you any lasting fulfillment. pursue higher goals than getting your dick wet anon. break the cycle
>>
>>36569741
No you can not and you know this. All functioning adults have sex, nonsex well you are not functioning are you? I mean you can get a job and place to live and "be that guy" or just a creep.
>>
>>36569741
yes, in all senses of the word, sex and reproduction has nothing to do with our modern society. However you fail at spreading your genetic code. So you're successful as a human, you're a failure as an animal.
>>
>>36569741
No you have to have sex but BUT for us robots we have been saved by Grindr
>>
>>36570239
I can see this
I have no desire to work because why would I? Suffering for 9+ hours a day for money that I would never really need unless I was interested in impressing girls or caring for children.

Without that in your life you realize just how minimalist you can be.
>>
>>36569769
what is the main purpose? to be a wageslave?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.