[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey NEETS, I just got a job at Amazon, starting in 2 months and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
Hey NEETS, I just got a job at Amazon, starting in 2 months and making $90/k a year + benefits + equity + bonuses. Best part is I get to work from home whenever I want and sleep in until whenever. Mad poorfags?
>>
>>36569656
thats cool. what do you do anon?
>>
>>36569656
Need a slave or something? Shit man, I make 300$ per month in a shit tier country but it's part time. If you need me for something ,I'm your guy.
>>
>>36569656
I like roleplaying on the internet too anon. Good story. 10/10 would imagine again.
>>
>>36569690
In the states we call them "interns"
>>
>>36569690
Not OP but I need a slave. Must be born with a vagina though.
>>
>>36569716
Well anon, you can't get everything you want in life
>>
How do I get a job like this OP ? I need answers
>>
The only time I would ever envy you is if you were making 90k while working at home doing your own thing, not working on a schedule, not working for somebody else.
>>
>>36569676
got a position in one of the machine learning departments, cant say too much because I haven't started yet and signed an NDA

>>36569690
what country?

>>36569703
not gonna post proof, but don't care if you don't believe me. 3 month long process with 12+ hours of interviews.
>>
>>36569793
i would not have been able to get the job without an ex of mine. I saw she was a senior recruiter there and she was able to push my application through to a hiring manager.

What do you have skills in? Maybe i can help you find a job. Amazon has over 10,000 job listings right now, ranging from 36k-150k a year. you will have to work hard though.
>>
>>36569793
even if you dont have experience, there are jobs that do not require any experience or education, such as warehouse and order fulfillment. if you dont mind working isolated in a warehouse there are many opportunities.
>>
>>36569833
Somewhere in Eastern Europe, why?
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36569656
This sounds awesome to be quite honest, but you still don't have as much freedom as I do.
>>
>>36569858
I don't have many good skills
>>
>>36569796
i owned a business for many years, i think thats what made me attractive to the hiring manager. I think you're underestimating how much work and headache goes into running your own operation. I look forward to having all of the paperwork streamlined by a huge company with expendable resources. I could be wrong though, I've seen many business owners thrive and seem to have a stress-free lifestyle, but owning a business for me was not the case.
>>
>>36569918
I went to college for IT and I know a bit of programming
>>
>>36569909
i agree, i will have much less 'freedom' in the sense that 40-50 hours of my week will be spent working.

however, ive been a neet for the past 7 months and i'm eager to start working again and have a lot of money to pursue hobbies and live independently again.

If you're happy where you are at, I am happy for you :)
>>
>>36569858
I'm good a/video editing, videography, photography, and I can write super fast

any jobs at amazon for me, anon?
>>
>>36569940
want to send me a resume? I'll take a look at it, you can blank out your contact info and anything specific to you. if you dont have a resume, do you have any work samples and what languages do you work on?
>>
theres literally over 10,000 jobs listed on this site that list the requirements. something like warehouse worker would be around $36k/year and only requires a drug test

https://www.amazon.jobs/en
>>
>>36569883
just curious. i get a $20,000 bonus if i complete my first year, I'll send you $300 if i get it.
>>
File: 1486919174678.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1486919174678.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>36569656
I work from home as a medical interpreter and I get 41k a year.

Working from home is god tier.
>>
>>36570093
thats awesome anon, 41k is plenty to live off of :)
>>
>>36569690
Can I suck your cock?

Or cuck your sock
>>
>>36570093
i was told im high functioning. i think it means my metabolism is very active so i need extra tendies. what are words i can throw at my mom to get them?
>>
>>36570078
You've got 11 more months to go? Good luck tho.
>>36570144
Nah, I've got some pride left.
>>
>>36569656
Enjoy being slave driven
>>
>>36569656

Congrats, brobot. Not mad, not jelly, just genuinely happy for you. Hope it works out well.
>>
>>36570189
I'm fully aware, and prepared.
>>
>>36570144
What an eloquent post
>>
>>36570205
thanks anon, idk why i posted in a provocative manner. guess this board has gotten to me.
>>
>>36569833
I have a B.S. in Statistics, a B.A. in Economics and a masters in Business Analytics. I have very beginner experience in things like SQL, Python and R with advanced experience in SPSS and Excel.

What can I do to get a job like this? I just got an offer from Kaiser Permanente, but I've been interviewed at Google, Facebook, and a few start ups but unfortunately no offer (Google and a start up interviewed me until the absolutely last round).

I think what hurts me is that I barely have 2 years experience at an old research firm I used to work at. My mom died and for various reasons I had to quit my job before I could hit 3 years.

I hope to work at Kaiser until I total 5 years experience and then maybe move into a big tech company like Amazon/Facebook/Google and ask for much more money. At Kaiser I'll be making 30 an hour plus awesome benefits.

Any other advice?
>>
>>36570284
In my opinion you are very qualified for at least a 40-50k position at a tech company. did you ask the interviewer why you were not pushed to the last round? they can be very helpful in understanding why you didnt meet the requirement. the 3-5 years is arbitrary. you can always round up.
>>
>>36570284
how are your social skills and self confidence?
>>
File: cuck((1)).png (262KB, 762x405px) Image search: [Google]
cuck((1)).png
262KB, 762x405px
what was meant when cats cuck?
>>
>>36570325
Well, I think the only positions that I actually made the final rounds of interviews for always told me "We decided to go with someone who more closely matches our needs" and "Our needs have changed and we are now looking for someone with X experience".

For Google, I think the position was slightly out of my skill set. I had the research experience but not the programming in R experience. I knew the basics and taught myself as much as I could before my interview, but I guess it wasn't enough. The recruiter told me I was the one who made it the farthest.

>>36570373
On the inside, I'm kind of fucked up. I have the social skills/confidence and most people would never know how I really am though. So, I think I can fake it really well but 99% of people wouldn't realize I'm kind of a robot, I have low self confidence and my social skills are completely fake (I just hate talking to people, which is weird cause everyone wants to talk to me).
>>
>>36570479
hmmm, thats too bad they didnt tell you more, i feel like thats a cop out and lazy on the interviewers or recruiters part.
>>
>>36570572
Psh, at least they told me something. I interviewed for another position that was contract for 3 months, and they told me they were very excited about the possibility of me joining. Told me to call them if I hadn't heard in a week. Called them...emailed them...nothing. Completely disappeared. Whatever...
>>
>>36570572
Anon, are you the OP? If so, can you tell me a little about your work history, degrees, etc?

I really, really want to make over 100K in a few years, preferably around 3-5 at the most. I think with my job field and where I live (SF Bay Area) it is very possible. I'm hoping to use Kaiser as my stepping stone. I'll start off as a data analyst, but I think there isn't too much money there and my goal is to eventually move into a more lucrative position.

What experience do you have that got you a machine learning position? Can you give me more details about what that position entails?

I want as much money while I'm still in my 20s.
>>
>>36570866
ya im OP

well the role that I took is a completely new position, thats never been done before, so they were looking for someone with entrepreneurial experience and someone completely autonomous, so i fit that bill incredibly well.

I graduated with an English Degree and focused on Technical writing and have a ton of documentation, SOP copywriting, and copywriting under my belt.

I started an online company 6 years aago that i no longer operate but am still an owner of (hired a GM that runs it now) and I was a concert organizer and event promoter for 7 years.

cant say more on the specific duties of the position because I signed an NDA, but there's a lot of technical writing involved. Translation of code and concepts into plain english.
>>
>>36570995
Nice...well I can definitely see why they hired you. Fuck, I feel like I'm nothing special.

Out of curiosity, do you have experience in programming? My god, I find it so boring...
>>
File: 1493205761989.jpg (367KB, 1144x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493205761989.jpg
367KB, 1144x1024px
>>36570866
>I want as much money

Theres only one way to achieve that, start a company. In grandscheme of things, anything below 30k/mo is poorfag tier. Sucks but thats how things are.

On otherhand, the company doesnt have to be super succesfull for you to make a buck on it.
>>
>>36571038
no programming experience, and i was up front about that. but I gave them a work sample that dissects and explains how bitcoin works, cited sources, and was formatted to be used as a case study for a press release so they were able to see my writing style and I was able to prove my ability.

i tried to learn to program several times and gave up and said 'fuck it'. theres plenty of others out there who love it that can do all the programming.
>>
>>36571095
Fuck, that work example sounds fascinating. By any chance, do you have a blog or an online portfolio? I've been thinking of setting something like that up so employers could have access to my past projects, but a lot of my past work examples have confidentiality issues (I worked a lot in research with politicians and corporations) and I doubt my school projects are that interesting. Thought about doing my own projects, but not sure how that will look to an employer.
>>
>can't program
>somehow hired for super secret experimental technology from one of the largest tech companies in the world

kek
>>
>>36571157

i'd have to edit out all of my personal information but yes, I'd be willing to send it to you. do you have an email you want me to send it to?
>>
>>36571171
there's more people on a baseball team than the one who play baseball.

but as i said before i don't care if you believe me or not.
>>
>>36571205
Can you send it to [email protected]? This is my throwaway account.

Edit your infor out if you'd like, I don't blame you. But if there's any consolation, I sincerely have no desire to ruin your life/stalk you/etc. I'm just genuinely trying to learn off you and become more competitive career wise.

Thanks again anon, and congrats on your new position!
>>
>>36571391
sent to the email that you have pr0vided me
>>
>>36571499
Thanks a lot boss! I appreciate it.
>>
>>36569656
Nice advertising, BEGONE SHILL
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.