[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm terrified of going to get professional help for my depression.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Little Paris attic room.jpg (82KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Little Paris attic room.jpg
82KB, 1000x750px
I'm terrified of going to get professional help for my depression.

I'm terrified of them telling me "You're not depressed, you're just a lazy and unpleasant person, fuck off"

Depression has become so central to my identity that I'm afraid of being nothing without it.
>>
maybe you have a personality disorder on top of being depressed
>>
File: 1490196888418.png (319KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490196888418.png
319KB, 641x530px
>>36565887
>professional
>"You're not depressed, you're just a lazy and unpleasant person, fuck off"

No professional would ever tell you such things. Chill out and get some help, it's better then keeping everything inside.
>>
>>36565915

Even then, I'm still afraid of them telling me "You don't have that either, you're just an egotistical coward, fuck off"
>>
>>36565887
That pic looks pretty comfy.

But yeah, depression is a consequence of your environment (other people being shitty). Don't fall for the professional help meme. How good do you feel about paying someone to listen to you when normies could get the same thing for free from their friends?
>>
Psychologists are quacks who just guess at what you have and then make you take tranquilizers until you can't do anything except drool on yourself
I know from experience. I used to be smart when I was a kid and the school couldn't keep up with things to challenge me so they gave me a bogus diagnosis and put me on tranquilizers to fry my brain until things leveled back out
>>
>>36565887
I wouldn't go for help i'd try and tough it out
because the shrinks will do more harm then good tbhh.
You'll get blacklisted on insurance as having mental health issues you'll be barred from owning guns (if freedom applies) some jobs might find a way to refuse to hire you
the shrink may even do involuntary institutionalization this includes the mind fuck meds they'll put you on while there and after you leave.
Though that's really your call
>>
>>36565887
I think your main problem is mental retardation, not depression.
>>
>>36565887
Psychology is a psudeoscience, don't buty into it.
Depression isn't real
>>
>>36565887
>I'm terrified of them telling me "You're not depressed, you're just a lazy and unpleasant person, fuck off"

They're not going to tell you that. It would be incredibly unprofessional and if you want reassurance, remember that its in their best interest to help you, its how they make money and publish papers.
>>
>>36565929
I've had a psychiatrist tell me things even more belittling than that. It wouldn't suprise me.
>>
>>36565887
Iktfb. I've always been a little attention seeking faggot, so really Im just faking it.
>>
>>36565887
Just go and see someone about it. If you go down the rabbit hole of being too depressed to get help. It wont get you anywhere and will make matters worse.

Generally speaking a therapist or psychologist dont generally deal with actually psychological problems but real problems. Lack of purpose is a real problem, illness is a real problem, losing your job, failing classes, stress, these are all real problems that they will help you figure out the best way to resolve if possible.
Also as a general rule depression is usually a symptom from something you lack in regards to, family, romantic relationship, work, sleep regularity, and an illness. If you have no issues with anything like that and your life is good youll probably be given medication as its not a life problem but a chemical one. If you do have an issue with any of those things try and resolve it. Mostly saying this in the likely scenario you dont seek help. Which you should.
>>
>>36565887
>conform to the societal standards of personalities I agree with or I'll get angry

this mindset is justification for murder and I strongly believe that
>>
>>36566119

And this is why you're abnormal
>>
>>36565887
They won't tell you that since they want the business.
>>
>>36566813
abnormality is a virtue in today's society
>>
>>36566813
I'm abnormal because they threaten me for being abnormal?
>>
>>36567189
wrong, shameless hedonism is a virtue
>>
>>36567209

For a queer maybe
>>
>>36568024
>heteros can't be shameless hedonists
>haha slut shaming is wrong :^)
>>
>>36565887
I'm terrified of going since I'm afraid it will show up on my family's insurance billing statement. Then they will have hard proof I'm actually crazy to use against me.
>>
>>36568546

If you feel like you can legitimately visit a professional for help, your family probably already has enough evidence
>>
>>36565887
you don't seem depressed. you seem lazy. maybe they are right. have you ever considered that?
>>
>>36565929
because they don't have time to deal with spoiled brats looking for a little attention. there are tons of people with serious mental issues.
>>
>>36569025
They don't know half of how I feel. They treat mental health as a weapon to use against people who get out of line to "justify" disregarding anything they say or to humiliate them at gatherings to extort things from one another. I've actually seen this in person with less successful relatives. I'm the family yardstick so they don't suspect anything yet.
>>
>>36565949
I don't think your 2nd amendment rights go away if you see a shrink.
>>
>>36569937

They do in some states
>>
>>36570187
Here you go.

Quick rundown given.
>>
File: 163476_mirror.jpg (1011KB, 2048x1815px) Image search: [Google]
163476_mirror.jpg
1011KB, 2048x1815px
Daily reminder, that instead of going to some psychologist, who, most likely, won't solve shit, seek professional psychiatric help.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.