[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much of an effect do you think going on 4chan had on your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2006.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2006.png
17KB, 900x900px
how much of an effect do you think going on 4chan had on your outlook on life? do you think we would be any happier or more successful if we were redditors?
>>
>>36565775
I think there's a higher chance I could have established an actual personal relationship with someone if we were redditors
Even though 4chan can be mindfucky and depressive it is still a source of redpills (sometimes) that reddit cannot provide so I still think my experiences have been valuable. But I probably went overboard, there were some good moments for me to detach from this website where I chose not to.
>>
I think the net effect has probably been negative, but I don't think reddit would have been an any better use of my time.
>>
I think I ended up on 4chan because I was already fucked up in real life. It was kind of a natural progression.
Still I would say the effect has mostly been negative.
>>
Spent too much time here for sure, but I'm pretty good at separating bs from facts, I just practice self delusion when it comes to girls so I don't get my hopes up, r9k helps with that.
>>
None at all. I would just waste my time on another website.
>do you think we would be any happier or more successful if we were redditors?
I would either be blissfully ignorant or even less happy than I am now
>>
this place has fucked me up beyond repair. it started out innocent enough, a friend told me to check out /sp/ to talk about sports and laugh. but i just ventured a bit too far. i wish i never came here.

i do wonder if this place made me more self aware though and enabled me to fix any of my cringey behavior or if that would have gone away on its own.
>>
>>36565775
The whole anonymity thing made me realize how ego driven people are. They can't do anything unless it's for themselves. It's really disconnected me from the 'normal' part of the internet. It is almost impossible for me to make any friends online at this point because of it. I did fine before the memes got to me, was hitting up qts regularly and would make friends over hobbies on normiebuke but now I can't because I refuse to put my face on the internet which comes across as 'weird.' Only gals I ever talk to online now are the ones I knew from my pre 4chan days and even then, they usually don't put up with it. Afterall, who the heck understands us, other than us?
>>
Made it better from where I was.
>>
File: Smug1.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
Smug1.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
This place made me realize that there are others like me. Also made me realize that it never gets better and I'll be like this the rest of my life which may not go on much longer.
>>
>>36565775
not much. ive been here for 6 years now and while i can say it had a great influence on me back then, not anymore.

now i just need a good reason to leave this place forever. i wouldnt leave some specific boards though, because the people there are nice anyway and unlike the general 4chan population.
>>
File: 1457773423445.png (357KB, 540x780px) Image search: [Google]
1457773423445.png
357KB, 540x780px
>>36565775
>>36565775
>>36565775
We are at a point in history where 4chan has effected the sociopolitical climate of the western world, i started going on here in 2006 to discuss anime, my life in many ways has reflected the time i live in, i ended up finding out there was an entire generation that would never receive the benefits of 21st century economic/technological advancement, and instead would likely forever carry the burden of the alienation and suffering of its consequences. Now it is at a point where historians hundreds of years from now will look back at the archives of 4chan to understand the societal conditions at the time which led to their present. In short, lets just say i had no idea 4chan was going to have such a monumental impact on my life and the world around me when i first laughed at the habbo hotel raids
>>
>>36565775
I've gotten some real wisdom from my time here.
Its almost hard to imagine another timeline, Anon is practically my godfather.
Maybe I'd be happier, but probably I'd still be depressed and be playing dumb video games. I was never much of a forum kind of guy.
>>
>>36566106
>tfw 4chan is the internet version of roman graffiti
>>
the internet has fucked so many people up beyond repair.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.