[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen people die. Grandparents have died. Uncle's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
I've seen people die. Grandparents have died. Uncle's have died. People I knew from highschool have died. Suicide, murder, accidents....

But now I'm losing my mind. My only close friend died in an accident about a year ago. I can't deal with it. The sadness is overwhelming. A doctor once asked if I'd an hero to join him.. and that sounded like the best idea I'd heard.

So how do/did you deal/accept death and grief? I need something to try
>>
File: oldman2.jpg (103KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
oldman2.jpg
103KB, 780x780px
>>36563757
>So how do/did you deal/accept death and grief?

A few weeks of a lot of drinking being pissed off and sad. Then I had to get on with life cause of obligations and shit.

If you don't have outside obligations to world to keep you busy, you're pretty much fucked.
>>
do you want someone to talk to anon

post your discord

also what i did when my aunt died after living a life of excess (she was so fat she couldn't walk and constantly ate mcdonalds. in fact she had a stroke while out eating at mcdonalds with my cousins.) was that i just shrugged and accepted that it happened. even if it's family i find it difficult to feel any sympathy over someone who eats themself to death.
>>
Death is inevitable. You cant change it. You can change alot of things,but thats not one of the things. Its better you accept things and move on. Just dont think about it. Things will be fine,i promise.
>>
File: Classic Comedy.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Comedy.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>36563757
Listening to this might pick you up. It might not, but there's a chance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLSvY1fKQI4
>>
My brother's cat just died day before yesterday with family in the room. He exclaimed, "What are we going to do with her body?" I couldn't help but hold back a smile thinking, "Well, stupid, we're going to eat her!" I didn't dare say it though. Later, I kept thinking about how hilarious the concept of #funeralselfie is. That's how I deal with death: with a shit eating grin. What else would I do? Cry?
>>
>>36563757
I imagine myself to be the one who died and act like my beloved one would've done in that case. Sounds crazy I know, but it worked for me.
Maybe in your case religion would be the best option.
>>
>>36563788
Ive kept my job and lived alone this whole time. I go to work. I take my dog to shit. It doesn't help. I still drink and drink and drink thinking it's helping.

>>36563793
As I mentioned. Watching older family die was ok. Maybe for some it is comparable but I can't see it. I would chat. I'd have to find my discord thingy.

>>36563826
You're very right. I'd accept and move on tomorrow if I could but I don't know how.
>>
>>36563907
It's bad when I have considered religion but have regarded religion as insanity for stupid people in the past.
>>
File: 1490716124486.jpg (66KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490716124486.jpg
66KB, 677x960px
>>36563757
Time heals everything, but you seriously need something to keep you distracted to help you not think about it. Whether it be friends, anime, art, playing an instrument, chess. You'll go crazy otherwise. Just don't do anything that isn't good for you, it'll just make you more miserable. I'm deeply sorry for your loss anon.
>>
>>36563929
i'll be here for when you do dig it out
>>
>>36563793
Smellypants#9657 but I might smell
>>
>>36564020
Fuck anon, he's not going graverobbing.
>>
I sing my heart out and smoke weed
>>
>>36563929
If you liked the first song, then this you'll love this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro
>>
>>36564027
wont let me add you

im Grink#5210
>>
>>36564037
Ya. The singing part I'm doing right now. I barely listen to music though because I just pick song after song that hurts. Unfortunately weed doesn't help.
>>
>>36564067
I also went to the mall, bought a ukulele, and learned a bunch of major, seventh, and a few minor chords. I sing happy songs.
>>
>>36564049
I'm not exactly into parody style music. This isn't exactly that? But not for me. Thanks though
>>36564098
Ya I try to find happy music. The sun's songs are just memory filled rather than totally emo
>>
>>36563757
Did anyone else see this as a coffin with a b0ner?
>>
>>36564141
That's why I recommend getting a string instrument. The learning curve is enough that you're forced to learn happy little children's songs first.
>>
>>36564217
I have an acoustic staring at me. Haha. Unfortunately I think I'm past this idea. I spent my angsty teen years trying to learn guitar. I appreciate the idea
>>
>>36564242
There is no try, do or do not. Again, that's why I got the ukulele. There are only four strings, and most chords only require you to hold down one or two frets. It's very easy to get a kind tone out.
>>
>>36563757
Maybe it would be helpful to relate to others' experiences with death and grief. Not trying to shill but I did read about this book recently and it sounds like the kind of thing that might be a good read for you: https://qz.com/964570/review-sheryl-sandbergs-new-book-option-b-deals-with-her-husbands-death-through-an-intimate-guide-to-grief/
>>
>>36564272
I feel like I'm constantly shitting on your idea I just know it's not for me. I couldn't pick up a ukulele and make sounds that make sense of how I feel. I have the science math brain that lacks any kind of creativity.
>>
>>36564332
Oh, one of those types? You're a woodwind.
>>
>>36564296
Ya I'll probably try that or similar. It's why I'm here. I'm hoping to find something in another's experience I can try to make sense of. Thanks
>>
>>36564349
Played flute for years but just read the sheet music
>>
>>36564399
I fucking knew it. I bet you could make some fucking peace pipe noises out of a flute with a little practice.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.