[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this show? I'm two episodes in and I still think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 13_Reasons_Why.jpg (70KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
13_Reasons_Why.jpg
70KB, 446x299px
Thoughts on this show? I'm two episodes in and I still think both characters had it way better than I did. Even the Aspie main character had a love interest.

The entirety of my high school life was pretty much wasted. Spent most of my days watching anime and read manga during lunch, and even spent an entire year friendless. All this show made me feel is how much of a waste I was and how much I wish I could go back and do better.
>>
Bryce rapes Jessica and then rapes Hannah, she goes to the nigger counselor but the nigger doesn't do shit and she kills cuts her wrists.
>>
>>36562277
The entire fucking show consists of an emo dead bitch who takes everything so seriously and eventually kills herself

Count how many times something happens to her and she says "i..I couldnt move/do anything"

and the beta cuck main dude is the biggest bitch boy ever
>>
>>36562310
Fuuuuuuuuck youuuuu, it was obvious they were going to throw in some rape in there. Still think this show is fucking insulting to people who are actually have problems in my opinion.

>>36562348
Honestly her problems are fucking minuscule and I don't see it getting any better. The beta cuck main dude doesn't even "look" like a beta cuck though, they could have at least got someone that looks like they don't fit in.
>>
>>36562310
Is this what happens? Watched first one and it was a bit gay so stopped watching it
>>
>>36562277
The only legitimate reason for a female to committ suicide is severe mental illness.
>>
>>36562277
The show's okay, really kinda long-winded but the characters are good and it's an important message (that desu is kinda mishandled). They do a neat thing with flashbacks where they make it a little warmer color temperature and anything not in flashback is cooler.

I had some friends in high school but most of the time I spent wandering around trying not to be noticed while I look at others. It was a constant cycle of observation, and I think that's something that could influence me as a filmmaker if i ever get around to it.

There's a word for it, "sonder", the realization that everyone around you is the main character in their own story and it's as vast and complex as your own.
>>
>>36562379
He was in 'Dont Breathe' and was a beta cuck there

Typecast maybe?
>>
>>36562277
>everyone in year invited to party
>except you
>>
>>36562379

Also the guy Clay helps with his homework dies in a car crash before Hannah.
>>
>>36562394
Yeah, she wasn't even bullied in the show except for some rumors. Iv'e actually been verbally and physically bullied and I couldn't imagine it possibly being any worse.

I'll have to see the rape scene to see if it was worth committing suicide. Unless she was sodomized and held against her will, I could not see a valid reason for her commuting suicide other than having sever mental disorders. If it's one of those rapes where he didn't give the proper consent than that's even less of a reason. A girl THAT good looking with a loving family has to have something REALLY fucked up happen to her to justify something like that.
>>
>>36562277
HANNAH: Stupid bitch.
CLAY: Beta normal guy, i kinda like him by the end of it.
ALEX: Based faggot.
JUSTIN: Cuck, i feel bad for him.
BRYCE: Rapechad. But it was well handled in how he saw rape and how charming he acted towards everyone.
JESSICA: Literally every raped girl ever. An annoying bitch.
COURTNEY: Bitch.
SHERRI: Too pure but damn she fucked up.
TONY: Based fag.
RYAN: Based fag.
TYLER: True robot. He didnt deserve to be that much shitted on.
JEFF: Too cool for this world.
MR PORTER: His soft voice went against his whole "i come from a gangsta school so i dont give a shit about your rape problems" deal.
ZACH: Literally did nothing wrong what the fuck Hannah.
>>
>>36562510
>zach did nothing wrong
but he stole those notes out of hannah's little message bag and those meant a lot to her!!!!
>>
>>36562505
>Unless she was sodomized and held against her will
Yep. It's really fucking uncomfortable too, especially given the context (Bryce literally doesn't think he's raped anyone, even though he forcibly holds and fucks her after she says no).
>>
>>36562510
If the next season goes as a school shooter arc with Tyler I won't be surprised in the slightest.

Also I saw Porter as more ignorant than anything, he simply didn't understand the depths of the issue and how it was affecting her. He dindu nuffin, same as Zach, Alex, and Ryan.
>>
>>36562545
That anoyed me most redarded shit
>>
>>36562277
>Spent an entire year friendliness
An entire year. However did you make it through?
>>
>>36564248
Not him but I spent my mornings and lunchtime in the library.
>>
>>36562277
Binge watched that shit in two days
>>
>>36564299
He was being sarcastic, anon.
>>
>>36562277
I watched the whole thing over the course of three days. I was invested, even though I really didn't like it. If you watch the whole thing, you're going to get sick of seeing her stupid potato face with fish lips and you're going to be even more sick of hearing her name. The narrative really dragged it's feet with the MC slowly listening to each tape. Even people within the story were yelling at him to hurry up and listen to the fucking tapes.There is only one single reason of thirteen that could possibly be construed as a legitimate reason for killing herself, (the other reasons being mostly non-issues or contrived garbage) which is the fact that she was raped. Even still, she handled it poorly:
>>36562310
>she goes to the nigger counselor but the nigger doesn't do shit and she kills cuts her wrists.
What is he supposed to do? She didn't call the police, and she wouldn't give up the rapist's name. The only option left failing that is like he said, which is to move on.
>She waits for him to come after her when she storms out after hearing this, and he doesn't
>Uses this as confirmation to kill herself
Fuck this show
>>
I'm glad I stopped watching this. Sounds annoying as fuck.

I was sick on that narrating bitch after half an episode. Once the main character is annoying I tend to stop watching.

The only one I managed to power through was man in the high castle, even though that main women is annoying as shut as is her husband. Rest are cool
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.