[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any anons ever been to a mental hospital? The last few days

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o9ipmuRc1b1rou0rho1_500.jpg (41KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9ipmuRc1b1rou0rho1_500.jpg
41KB, 500x491px
Have any anons ever been to a mental hospital?
The last few days haven't been good and I think my parents are planning on putting me in one.
It feels like everyone is turning against me and they found out that I planned on commiting suicide once things died down. (no pun intended)
What is it like? What should I expect?
I suffer mostly from anxiety and depression, but my psych tells me I have OCD and I know personally that I have anger issues. I've suspected for a while that I might be high functioning autistic, though the whole high functioning part is funny to me because I've been a neet for a year and can't hold down even simple jobs. I'm just scared that it'll be full of people who are there just to get off what disgusting shit they're hooked on, so I won't get any help.
>>
>>36561545
Yes.

It's going to kind of suck and be super boring at all times. You might find someone to talk to but a lot of the time no one really talks to anyone. You're going to spend a lot of time sleeping and/or reading. Maybe if you're lucky it's the kind of place that lets you smoke your own or hands out smokes.

There's also no help or treatment there besides pills and a pretty actually quiet safe place to be. I think I've seen only one incident of real violence during about half a dozen stays.

The doctors don't care, the nurses don't care, and the group therapy is super useless and gay and everyone knows it but you have to go if they're going to let you out.

Unless it's a nice private and paid sort of institution you're going to get nothing out of it besides it going into your background checks for a lot of things.
>>
Yeah, avoid mental hospitals if you can.

t. Ex mental patient.
>>
>>36561545
>I suffer mostly from anxiety and depression
You will receive absolutely no helpful treatment
Public hospitals are for psychotic murderers, private hospitals are for histrionic teenage girls with extremely minor anxiety issues
Unless you fit perfectly into either of those categories no one will have any idea what to do with you
That or they'll just pretend you do
>>
>>36561545
i have really similar problems and symptoms as you anon

if you do go let us know how it went good luck
>>
>>36561728
This is exactly what I'm worried about. One of my friends let my suicide plan slide to my parents and it's blown up. The worst I get is violent impulsive thoughts and extreme aggression but overall I'm a very quiet guy and I desperately don't want to hurt anyone, even though I can see it happening in a blind rage. I just want to be left alone so I can kill myself. I don't feel like I belong or can operate within society. I don't want to upset my parents, they're very loving, but even my best friends have abandoned me because of my antics (particularly the symptoms of my OCD and Anxiety)

I just wish everyone would give me distance so I could buy a helium tank and die happy. I was going to go to my sister's graduation, stop at a hardware and and a party supply store, drive to a pretty place, and drift off to sleep.
>>
>>36562048
Tonight my dad gave me the "if you died it would break our family apart" speech and it just filled me with so much guilt. Every aspect of my life is soaked in guilt and anger. If I die, I upset my family who are the only people who haven't now abandoned me. If I live, I will continue to annoy, frustrate, and otherwise inconvenience everyone I come into contact with. I feel like a monster and I haven't even done anything. My greatest crime is sloth from all the lethargy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.