[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do truly bad people feel guilty about what they do? Does feeling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1234.jpg (25KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
25KB, 515x600px
Do truly bad people feel guilty about what they do? Does feeling guilt pardon you from being a bad person?
>>
> Do truly bad people feel guilty about what they do?

Sometimes. Less over time, though.

> Does feeling guilt pardon you from being a bad person?

No.
>>
>>36554724
>Does feeling guilt pardon you from being a bad person?

In what universe would that make sense? If someone continues to do bad things even after feeling guilt, it's the same as feeling nothing at all. Someone who does that is either trying to repress their guilt by covering it up with more or maybe they're downright into feeling shameful or some shit.
>>
I feel like I should start trying to be a better person. I think I want to start being a vegetarian too.
Not a vegan because that's dumb
>>
It'd be easier to comprehend when you realize that "bad" and "good" are as much as we make those concepts to be. A person we label "bad" will not see themselves as such, because they will be oblivious as to their wrongdoings, and will not label themselves as "bad".

If you feel guilt, then you are aware of your wrongdoings. If you are aware, then you may try to make amends.

We all do "bad" things during our lives, whether you forget about it as a trivial event or feel shame evermore defines your moral standing.

This concept is easy to comprehend, evil and good on the other hand is more complex philosophical concept to discuss. That was all conjectural and theoretical, of course, but I hope it helped.
>>

this is actually a major tenant of jesus' teachings. salvation and repentance lies in being a morally good person, who is capable of guilt and regret, even if you've done bad things in the past. It's about actually being a good person at heart, more than it is about avoiding sin

a truly regretful murderer who feels remorse for the life taken, is more likely to go to heaven than a man who only doesn't murder because he's afraid of hell.

so to answer your question OP

it opens the door, but you need to actually put the effort in to become a better person
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.