[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>job interview >"Tell us about yourself" How

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: frogpost_39.jpg (49KB, 655x527px)
frogpost_39.jpg
49KB, 655x527px
>job interview
>"Tell us about yourself"

How are you actually supposed to answer this question? I've read a million different articles about this and literally all of them say "Just answer truthfully and be yourself :^)". What the hell are you supposed to say?
>>
I just rattle off the main points on my resume in response to that.
>>
l i t e r a l l y make up some bullshit

What you tell them is of absolutely no consequence, what matters is your ability to think on your feet and come up with something reasonable, showing that you're at least moderately competent in social situations
>>
Lie.
Or don't. I'm unwilling/unable and unemployed with a pile of student debt, a piece of paper with Latin scribbles, and no prospects.
>>
>>36550590
It's actually meant to weed out people like us.
>>
>>36550630
>showing that you're at least moderately competent in social situations

Well shit
>>
>>36550766
Yep, as much as it sucks for autists it would suck just as much for the people who would have to work in conjunction with their incompetent awkward asses
>>
>job interview
>"Why have you never had a job aat 27? You've just been sitting in your basement all this time?"
How do I answer that?

I'm unhirable.
>>
>>36550811
Well why haven't you had a job, anon?
>>
>>36550846
Schizophrenia, I guess. But everytime I tried to work I failed the interviews. I'm just bad at people. I did manage to get one job but was fired the next day.
>>
>>36550590
>How are you actually supposed to answer this question?
from what you knew about the company beforehand you should be able to take at least a wild guess at what they want even if it's something as dumb and vague as "reliable"
tell them you have attributes that 1) correspond to something they want, and 2) aren't directly contradictory to attributes you actually have (such as being a robot)

>>36550811
>How do I answer that?
tell them you were trying to be a novelist or something dumb like that
there are "normal" people who spend way too much time on trying to be content creators, it's a story that doesn't instantly mark you as an autist and also explains why you have no practical skills
>>
>>36550811
>it says you left highschool at 17 what have you done since that?
literally what happened to me but my dad was a friend of the boss so they let me get the job
and then the guy in charge of the area got word of it and made me quit
fuck people they don't feel safe when someone weird enters their space
thats the most stupid thing he did because i actually worked not like those lazy guys barely working they just passed the time in their phones and talking about how the married girls that work there are sluts.
>>
Every single person who went in before and after you lied to make themselves sound as good as possible. The point of an interview is to do the same thing everyone else did but better.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.