[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go the speed limit >other drivers honk at you and call

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 21

File: 1486765442274.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1486765442274.png
36KB, 778x512px
>go the speed limit
>other drivers honk at you and call you grandpa and stuff
>see them all pass me going 50 over the speed limit

The signs say Maximum speed limit. Technically you're breaking the law if you go 1 over the limit. A family member once got a ticket for going 6 over, and he still drives crazy. If you remind him he could get another ticket he just gets mad and yells at you. But it's not just about the law, it's about driving safe and not risking people getting hurt or dead in an accident.

Why are normies so happy to be unsafe?
>>
>>36548120
Not letting faster cars by is against the law no matter how fast they're going
>>
Unwritten rule grandpa. I hope you dont drive in the left lane
>>
>>36548157
It's a written rule
>>
>>36548157
>I hope you dont drive in the left lane

no i studied my driver's manual and it says to stay in the right lane unless for passing for turning left. i'm a good driver, and stop at yellow lights when safe to do so.
>>
I really fucking hate this. There's a legal limit for how fast you're allowed to drive, yet people consistently go five to ten miles over it. "B-b-but everyone else does it!" isn't a valid excuse--you're still breaking the law. And then they have the gall to get mad when they get a ticket. Normies are fucking retards, goddamn.
>>
>>36548202
Here in PA, >20 over is the norm. Welcome to Trump'a America
>>
>>36548120
>unsafe
the speed limit is designed with everyone in mind including the sub 80IQ and downies with slow reactions, for most people it is safe to go a lot faster.

>technically you're breaking the law
there are so many places where you can be technically breaking the law, have you ever pirated anything? it's pretty meaningless unless you are hurting others.
>>
>>36548406
>car travels an additional ~80 feet before stopping from going just ten miles over the speed limit
>"lol the laws r for downies with slow reaction times xDDD"
>>
File: wojak.png (22KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
22KB, 217x225px
>>36548120
it tears them apart that we do something different anon. Truly they are nothing but roaches
>>
>>36548120
because they are stupid.
people are stupid.
accept this.
>>
>be me, driving 5 MPH slower than speed limit
>piss off speed racer behind me
>speed racer passes and gets in front
>speed racer goes 10 MPH slower than speed limit to teach me a lesson
Oh, wow, you sure made me look like a fool.
>>
>>36548120
My drivers handbook says to keep up with the flow of traffic
>>
>be last week
>late for work (wagecuck)
>smoke spliff, neck coffee
>speed limit= 80
>I'm going 120
>simultaneously baked and crazy wired
>come up to grandpaw in a van doing exactly 80
>blow by grandpaw in turning lane without slowing down
>police go by the other way and don't notice/ care

Five days a week, I do this shit.
>>
I go at the speed limit unless it's a area I know well
Fucking normies can honk all they want
If they are in such a hurry they should have left home earlier
>>
>>36548558
>believing in the memes
im not american so i had to look up ft to metres but I can stop within 80 feet at any speed that I go (except on highways)
>>
>>36548120
>>36548187
>>36548202
If cops don't enforce it then I'm going to do it.
>>
>>36548202
It is a valid excuse you dumb fuck. If the traffic is consistently going +5-10 over the speed limit, than you should do the same. Likewise, if everyone is going under the speed limit, than you should as well. It is literally a form of reckless driving if you are driving too slow. Going the speed limit is fine, just try and stay out of the left lane
>>
I go the speed limit just to upset normalniggers.
>>
>>36549068
this, OP is an unsafe driver, causing other drivers to get frustrated and take unnecessary risks because he wont drive a normal speed
>>
>>36548649
Fuck off the road grandma
>>36548732
>>36548732
This, it prevents more accidents if you drive the same as everyone else.
>>
>>36549102
>other drivers to get frustrated and take unnecessary risks
I love this so much. Normies risk death to save 30 seconds on their drive.
>>
>>36549177
This is seriously what you tell yourself to feel superior? Don't you have anything better going for you over normies?
>>
>>36548120
>following jew rules
The German Autobahn is hard evidence that speed limits are detrimental to your safety and your a cuck if you follow them
>>
>>36549239
No. I'm just perplexed as to why normies do everything in their power to shave seconds off their drives but still do everything else inefficiently despite efficiency in those things being completely safe. They could wake up 5 minutes earlier and have a calm and relaxing drive every day.
>>
>>36549303
Why would you even think that is a normie thing?
>>
The chances of causing an accident by going at th limit are much lower than the chances of getting fucked in the ass by a ticket
>>
>>36549303
It's not so much about saving time as it is about driving comfortably. I like going +10km over the speed limit when I'm on the highway so I have a valid reason to stay in the left lane most of the time. Going the speed limit or slower means I constantly have to switch lanes when passing trucks or women.

But yes, it bothers me when others camp the left lane without the intention of going fast because >it's the speed limit amirite?

I couldn't give less of a fuck about those 5 minutes.
>>
>have to go somewhere quickly
>still drive slowly to bothet normies
>>
File: 1486509480849.jpg (106KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486509480849.jpg
106KB, 960x720px
>>36548120

I fucking hate people like you. Take the bus if you want to drive slow everywhere. Some of us have shit to do and places to be and we don't have time to sit behind your stupid ass putting along at 55 mph because of your autism logic. God dammit dude..
>>
File: 1491970553814.jpg (88KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
1491970553814.jpg
88KB, 650x842px
>minimum speed is 55mph
>maximum speed is 70mph
>set cruise at 57mph
>have a comfy day in the right lane while everyone else drives 62-80mph
It takes 19% longer, but I save 27% in fuel on top of lower vehicle maintenance costs.
>>
>>36549561
>waaah, I'm so much more important than you losers because I have places to be
You are so cool Anon
>>
File: 1480051236921.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480051236921.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>36548120
>going 55 in a 55 mph zone
>people blasting past me and tailgating me

I just let them go. Fucking criminal scum.
>>
>>36549677

Yeah what a square I am with my job and responsibilities and room not located in mommy's house.

>Haha what a loser anon has to be somewhere at a certain time hahaha *goes back to jerking off to hentai*
>>
>>36548120
>But it's not just about the law, it's about driving safe and not risking people getting hurt or dead in an accident.

>other drivers honk at you and call you grandpa and stuff
>see them all pass me going 50 over the speed limit
If you're going that much slower, you are a hazard and are risking causing death or injury in an accident.
It's not just about the law, you know.
>>
>>36548120
>A family member once got a ticket for going 6 over
Horseshit. An average police radar gun isn't even fully accurate to 5MPH
>>
>>36548202
>>36548120

This.

It's the limit.

You really should drive 5-10 MPH below the limit - which is what I do.
>>
>>36549445
I always stay in the right lane when I go the speedlimit because that's what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>36549561
Your life is meaningless and inconsequential. Nothing you do is important, shut up and drive the posted speed limit, you twat.
>>
>>36550059
You fucking dickhead. You're trolling, right?

It's cunts like you who are always like
>hurr fuck bmw drivers always tailgating me

It's because we have a decent car and can actually drive them...FUCK OFF GRANDMA
>>
>>36550229

If life is meaningless and without consequence what's stopping me from driving as fast as I want you wannabe nihilist faggot.
>>
>>36549798
>has such poor planning that he can't allow enough time to get to his destination without speeding

maybe you're the one should live with your mom, that way she can remind you when it's time to leave the house
>>
>>36550294
The police? I don't think you thought that through before posting it.
>>
>>36550294
physics
gotcha there
>>
File: yTho.jpg (58KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
yTho.jpg
58KB, 600x700px
>going 10 over the limit
>in the right (slow) lane
>jackass in a pickup truck still tailgates me
>>
>>36550369

Oh, so there are consequences and meaning??? Which is it retard
>>
>>36550059
same, except I usually go up to 5-3 MPH less than the maximum because I'm a daredevil
>>
File: 1478150222127.jpg (344KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
1478150222127.jpg
344KB, 800x854px
>people who get right up behind you and stay behind you for ~20sec before they decide to fucking pass you on the highway
>people who pass you and then IMMEDIATELY get back in front of you on the highway when we're going 60 mph
just fucking die you retards
if for any reason something causes me to break (deer, etc), i suddenly can't break without causing you to slam into me.
and then when you pass back right in front of me instead of driving in the left lane for ~10 more seconds to create good space, if YOU have to stop for any reason, I now cause an accident.
ffs
>>
>>36550422
I said "your life is meaningless and inconsequential" and nothing you have to do is important It was an insult, not a statement of my views on human existence.
>>
>>36550409

Every. Single. Day.

I don't know what it is about pickup drivers in my city but they're worse than the tuner kids in the rice rockets.
>>
>>36550522

Yeah so I can drive as fast as I want because my life is meaningless and inconsequential thanks for your permission faggot.
>>
File: 1453425745405.jpg (15KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1453425745405.jpg
15KB, 477x539px
My friend got a ticket once for going 15 under the limit. The cop said he was impeding the flow of traffic.
>>
>>36550522
so if nothing he does matters or is important, shouldn't be then be able to basically do whatever he wants
>>
>>36550249
Enjoy totaling or nearly totaling your car bro, being at fault, and not causing any damage to my well built 90s Jeep. It's happened before. It'll probably happen again.

I actually drive slow because it:

>saves fuel
>reduces wear and tear on the vehicle
>it is safer
>traffic is bad where I live and people that go fast just end up making traffic worse by piling up in traffic jams.

I can probably out drive you in any vehicle because I actually have a brain.
>>
25 in my area means 35-40. no one follows the speed limit. the cops don't even pull people over for going that fast.

there are a lot of stupid teenage dipshits driving in their daddies BMWs that want to do 50 in 25s and that's just too fast.
>>
>>36550508
They do it for the same reason they stand rght next to you when using a urinal
>>
>mfw I set my cruise control exactly on speed limit
>Have a comfy drive unless people are going 10+ miles faster than me.

I always smile when they get a ticket .
They never learn.
>>
>>36548120
Go with the flow of traffic instead of being a faggot that follows signs. Match the speed of traffic instead of thinking you're gonna get cucked by the law like a fucking autist
>>
File: 1401489707537.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1401489707537.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>36548120
>based trucker driving the speed limit
>get in the left lane beside him and block the lane
>back the highway up
>>
>>36550599
>being at fault

Not when faggots are crawling in the fast lane...most people have no clue about lane discipline.

If I'm up your ass it means you need to get the fuck out of my way in your slow piece of shit beater.

>out drive you

What are you fucking twelve?
>>
>>36548120
you litteraly are to dumb to function
>>
>>36549561
>He thinks he gets somewhere faster because of speeding
You don't really because of stop lights.
>>
I always drive 5-10 over if I can because I have IBS and it's only a matter of time before I can't hold it back anymore and I'd rather not shit myself in my car.
>>
>>36550834

>stoplights
>on the freeway

kill yourself
>>
>>36550778
>most people have no clue about lane discipline

yep. people like you always seem to be swinging into the slow lanes when the fast lanes back up quickly.
>>
>>36550864
There will be at least one stoplight on your journey.

Unless you are driving from one city to another, speeding will barely change the time it takes to get anywhere.
>>
>>36550778

If you cause an accident from behind while exceeding the speed limit and car in front of you is not doing anything besides going more slowly than you, YOU are at fault.

The car in front can be ticketed for impeding traffic flow if they are going extra slow, however any accidents caused by the likes of people hotdogging it from behind are still the fault of said hotdogs.
>>
File: 1480849147149.jpg (205KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480849147149.jpg
205KB, 1000x1000px
Some people are just eager to die and don't fully understand what they are doing guiding a 2 ton machine 100 km/h.
>wah speed demon chad got himself and his pregnant gf killed waaaaahhh wahhhhhh
yeah who gives a fuck better it was just them and they didn't take a responsible driver with them. Every year of highschool, maybe if they stopped street racing right where it shifts into 1 lane fucking dumb chads just want to look cool but get themselves dead.
>>
>>36550925
In my years of driving I've never so much as scratched a car. Never have never will...

Stupid old cunts brake check me all the time when they're trying to pass a lorry at fucking 65mph....

If you see a mean BMW M4 behind you, fucking MOVE.
>>
>>36548153
Not in my country tho.
>>
>>36551057
Wow a self-important crazy BMW driver never seen that before. Calm down elliot you are going to get to your destination at the same time unless it's like 100km away.
>>
>>36548558
Nigga not even twenty minutes ago I had to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident and totally stopped within like forty feet max from going sixty, and I drive an SUV. I just don't have a fucking double digit iq
>>
driving fast is fun fampai-tachi
why are you so worried about being safe and not risking people getting hurt, normies deserve to suffer and robot lives are worthless so it's not much of a loss
speeding tickets are no more morally consequential than fuel efficiency and wear&tear, no shit it costs more to drive faster but what's the point of wagecuck money if you're not going to spend it
>>
>going 80 in the middle lane of a 3-lane free way, speed limit is 60
>someone tailgates me then passes on the right

if you do this i hope you fucking die
>>
>>36551104
Don't be so stupid..I'm talking about motorways here.

If you're doing 60 and I'm doing 95 I'm sure as shit arriving faster than you are.

It's not about that anyway...I'm in a car Built for speed so I'm going to drive it fast and enjoy doing so...You nerds are boring
>>
>>36549246
This desu, I entirely ignore speed limits and literally drive however the fuck I want as long as a feel safe (I live in a city in Florida so it's pretty normal) and cops don't give a fuck.
>>
File: 737338.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
737338.png
6KB, 205x246px
Does anyone else here have road rage problems?
I am a NEET and the only places I drive are to fast food places. I drive probably 10mph above the speed limit on average because I get so fucking hungry

I've had a few 'incidents'. for example last week on the way to McDonalds some old guy was driving slow as fuck do I changed lane, drove alongside him, ran my window down and threw some empty Big Mac boxes at his car. Then I drew a picture of a gun on a fries box and threw it at him

Pretty sure I may still get in trouble for this.I also once followed a woman for 100 miles because she slowed down my trip to KFC (turns out she was going there as well so I got stuck the entire way) and I missed out on a burger that I wanted (it was late)
>>
Civil engineer here. The roads are LITERALLY DESIGNED with the expectation that people will drive 5 to 10 mph over the speed ""limit"".

Just look at any department of transportation's roadway design manual.
>>
>>36549561
>its the law is autism logic
>>
>>36551285
yeah and you car is LITERALLY DESIGNED to minimize chances of you dying instantly if you have an accident

doesn't mean you should be putting it to the test every day
>>
>Driving on freeway
>Going 65 on a 60mph limit in the rightmost lane
>Some fucktard is not happy with my speed and starts tailgating me
>I slow down to 60
>He tailgates even closer
>I slow down to 55
>He is basically as close as you can possibly get right now

Why don't these people just fucking pass? I'm not letting you manipulate me into driving faster than I want.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485957246507.jpg (29KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485957246507.jpg
29KB, 540x540px
>>36550522
God your such a faggot anon
>>
>>36551500
If you had read the AASHTO roadway design book, you would know that roadways are designed so that the worst ~85% of drivers can drive safely on them. That's an entire standard deviation worse than the average driver.
>>
>>36548120
>>see them all pass me going 50 over the speed limit

Shit that never happened: The Post
>>
>>36550059
Holy shit please fucking kill yourself
>>
>>36551618
He's probably talking about 50 kilometers which isn't that unlikely of a number.
>>
>>36548120
i don't know where you are but here in southern new england, most people go several miles over the limit. I typically hover around 5 over.

I was going 73 on a 65mph interstate once and people were still passing me

fuckin speedos

your relative probably only got a ticket because in some places the police have a monthly quota.
>>
Normies are so fucking anal about speed. If they get delayed a single second in traffic, it's like somebody shat in their coffee. REEEEEEEE I HAD TO WAIT THREE SECONDS FOR THE LIGHT TO CHANGE!!!
And then they get more pissed when their dumbasses get pulled over for constantly fucking speeding. HURR DURR GOTTA GO FAST!!!
>>
>>36548558
Modern cars have much shorter stopping distances than these used to make calculations for traffic. Supercars can brake from twice the speed limit in less distance than required for normal speed.
>>
>>36550834
Sometimes you beat red lights or arrive and a red light turning into a green light on time because of speeding but i get what youre saying.

What i cant figure out is why someone speeds up and gets in front of you when the light turns red. Whats the point of risking injury or fines just to get to the red light 8 seconds faster and be 12 feet closer to it?
>>
this shit triggers my autism

I wont fully sperg out if someone goes the speed limit but going under drives me up the fucking wall.
Like grandpa today was towing a boat and was nervous going at a higher speed, fucking 20 under. That shits more dangerous than speeding. He could have at least pulled over and let the line of cars go ahead but nah.

if you arent confident at least going a bit over the speed limit then get the fuck off the road
>>
>>36548153
I don't think that's exactly how it is
>>
>>36548120
The point is to go with the flow of raffic, why there is a limit. If everyone is going the same speed, of which is apox 5 to ten faster than the speed limit, then you're the one in the wrong, for going ten under. Someone will be going 20 faster than you and you'll hit the breaks more to not run a light, for being able to stop faster, and you'll get your ass hit by a semi.
>>
>>36548120
You don't find it fun going under the speed limit to piss off faggots who are rushing to work???
>>
File: 1470872834203.png (318KB, 479x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470872834203.png
318KB, 479x600px
>>36548120
I know that feel. I always drive right lane at the exact speed limit. I drive by the manual, never had any accident or even ticket.
But almost everytime I go I have some normalfag fucker honking at me or tailgaiting me.
I stopped giving a fuck tho, I feel like by not letting Chads pass I'm affecting them. I have the fantasy that they couldn't arrive to their date at time and they lost pussy because of my good driving.
>>
File: PepeUpset3.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
PepeUpset3.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
I just got tailgated in a grocery store aisle by some style of brown woman in a burka type getup. Walking down store aisle and this fucking woman is damned near hitting the back of my legs with her shopping cart.

wtf.
>>
File: 1488671276281.jpg (166KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488671276281.jpg
166KB, 1200x900px
>>36552463
If traffic is speeding and you are occupying the left(passing) lane and you are not keeping to to speed you are impeding the flow of traffic which nets you a nice little ticket. This is why if you want to drive the speed limit you should be in the right lane.

It all depends on how the highway officers feel that day, everyone around you might be going 30 over but you're the one who gets the ticket. This is why its courtesy to be in the right lane and why people call you an asshole and treat you like one when you aren't in the correct lane for how you want to drive.
>>
>>36548120
Let's stop illegal immigration before worrying about going 60 in a 55
>>
File: 20170419_215626.jpg (806KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170419_215626.jpg
806KB, 3264x1836px
>tfw always drive the exact speed I am allowed to
>always laugh at the incoherent rage of normalfags while tailgating me and later while overtaking me

Why do they get so mad? The sign clearly says 100 km/h.
>>
>>36549984

It wasn't a police radar gun. They recently put some detectors up where I live (Saskatchewan), and I guess they were extra careful because it was apparently in a school area. He got the ticket in the mail a while later.
>>
True robots drive the speed limit. Only normie fags go over.
>>
>>36548175
In some states but not all
>>
Speeding is fun. Going 115 mph on a highway at 4 am makes you feel alive.
>>
File: 1491113397466.png (220KB, 480x618px) Image search: [Google]
1491113397466.png
220KB, 480x618px
>people always go 10 mph over the speed limit and tailgate me for going 5-7 over
>whenever the speed limit is over 50 mph everyone drives ~5 under and I always shoot ahead of them or feel like I'm tailgating people
what did they mean by this?
>>
File: comfy.jpg (71KB, 553x567px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
71KB, 553x567px
AST don't give a flying fuck because there are 100 more Anchorage cops than there are of them and they have bigger bread to butter.

I did 65 through a 45 last week right past a trooper and he didn't give it a second thought.

This is now an Alaskan freedom thread
>>
File: 22742675.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
22742675.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>>36548120
>Why are normies so happy to be unsafe?
because a decade of their life is the same quality of living as your entire life will be. Why fear death when you have truly lived?
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.