[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 2.4 college GPA I should just drop out now and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1492646099549.png (253KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1492646099549.png
253KB, 645x773px
>tfw 2.4 college GPA

I should just drop out now and become a wage slave.
>>
Nah. Finish it. Get research/internship experience though. That's far more important for the workforce because work is practical application, and that's all research and interning is.
>>
>>36546839
How do you get it with shitty GPA? I tried applying before and got turned down in favor of other classmates with good grades.
>>
>tfw 3.8 gpa

Time to end it all lads.
>>
>>36546766
You're going to be a wage slave at the end regardless but if you keep going you'll probably have a comfier job. I dropped out and started doing shit like mowing lawns and painting and it was so dull that I wanted to die. If you get a degree at least your job will be interesting and not mindless repetitive toil.
>>
>>36546766
>wanting to drop out for this

maybe you are retarded
>>
pretend you're getting bad grades ironically as a protest to modern society or something
>>
>>36546874
Bar for an internship is lower. You can intern with a professor during the summer. Intern as much as you can and HR will notice it more than your GPA. You can just not give your GPA and show a resume full of internships and it will look better than anything. What is your major?
>>
>>36547019
Not the OP but Biology major and Bioinf minor. I've been looking to do internships now last year or so but haven't had any luck so far, though I want to get into doing it obviously hearing how useful it is.
>>
>>36546766
drop out then come back later when you actually want to do something.
>>
>>36546766
OP I swear to God if you answer >>36547019 saying computer science I will come to your house and rape you.
>>
>tfw son of smart engineer
>tfw 99 IQ on mensa test
Dissapointing. Everyone I met always said I was "intelligent". I guess I must be smart in a different way, or I just appear intelligent on the surface. I don't feel average though, but then again nobody really does.
>>
>>36547438
What's wrong with CompSci? Or is it just that it's easy af to get CompSci internships?
>>
just wondering, does your gpa come down to your final exam or is it throughout the coarse of the year? when do you sit these final examinations as in the uk you sit them at 16, and what are the exams like in the US? I have always wondered this.
>>
>>36547478
The problem is that GPA is no excuse for not getting an internship in CS. Yes, some will bar you if you don't have a certain number, but if you're not retarded you're probably working on other projects outside of your classes, and the ones that won't care about your GPA WILL care about that stuff.
>>
>>36547603
Fair enough. I'm CS myself, although UK so things are a bit different here, and so far literally all of my social circle who've applied for internships have gotten good ones. One lucky bastard basically has a job at IBM lined up for him.

Over here it seems like they're actually pretty desperate for good IT workers who also have actual social skills, so we might have it easier than you guys though.
>>
File: 1490569907337.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1490569907337.png
2KB, 142x138px
>>36546766
>tfw GPA is about to be below a 2.0 after this semester

I'm so stupid, I don't even care that I'm probably going to be kicked out at some point. I was barely smart enough for elementary and middle school, somehow I passed high school, but college is too smart for me. 3 going on 4 years and I'm still considered a sophmore.

I'll probably drop out and wageslave until I kill myself.
>>
>>36547136
Sorry if this reply is late. But Biology is perfect for working with professors during the summer. Especially if you got some coding from your Bioinf minor. You can also ask CompSci professors for summer internships if you do DNA string processing.

>>36547478
In CS if you got enough good projects you can get anywhere. Even then a Hackerrank score or doing well in a Hackathon can get you places.
>>
What year are you? If you're upperclassmen then finish it or its ultimate waste.

I had a 1.9 GPA in freshman year and graduated with a 3.5, so there's definitely hope to improve.
>>
What are you in school for? All of thse answers are useless until we know
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.