[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who have overcome depression, do you have empathy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_oo24t43KZI1r2m5c0o1_1280.jpg (361KB, 400x1243px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo24t43KZI1r2m5c0o1_1280.jpg
361KB, 400x1243px
For those of you who have overcome depression, do you have empathy for those who are struggling with depression?
>>
Yeah

It's hard to deal with depression so I have sympathy for them
>>
>>36545115
Yes. It's something real, but normies will claim that they're happy based on "hard work."
>>
File: 1492642941209.jpg (10KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492642941209.jpg
10KB, 208x250px
>>36545115
i find it super hard to relate with people suffering with depression after (temporarily) getting rid of it

i got to understand the >be yourself meme a bit more now

it's like having terrible stomach ache but a day or two later you forget about the pain completely and you just eat some crappy food again without caring about consequences
>>
>>36545233
To some its like chronic stomach pain without eating anything
>>
>>36545115
Met this girl a while back who claimed she had overcome depression. I made the mistake of telling her about my depression, and she told me it was my fault and that I should man up.
>>
>>36545115
Of course
I cant get by a hurdle and then deny its existence
The people who can are mentally stronger than I
>>
>>36545115
Not if they're normies. It usually turns out their depression is very minor. The few times I've talked with one about it, after hearing them mope constantly, they just sort of coil back in awkward disgust when they realize how bad mine is in comparison
>>
>>36545293
either i don't get what you meant or you missed the point completely
>>
>>36545115
No i don't though maybe that comes out of a deeper self loathing or maybe it's because I hope that in my humor one person will call me out on it and find out what I've been going through. Maybe I'm just an awful person.
>>
I dunno, ssris fucked with my capacity for empathy.
I'd like to think that i'd could help those in worse places than i was in, but i know that when you're in that state you can't really be helped.
>>
If you overcome your depression it wasn't real depression desu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.