[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to Japan for a month >10 days in >in the middle

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

>go to Japan for a month
>10 days in
>in the middle of nowhere rural japan

I've honest to god never been this lonely before. When I'm at home I speak and get on really well with my parents everyday and have 2 good friends I talk to. But I haven't spoken to anyone for 10 days now aside from trying to convey that I want to buy 1 doughnut to some jap that doesn't speak English. I went for a 3 hour walk just now listening to Rose's cover of A Spaceman Came Travelling on repeat while being on the verge of tears. This loneliness seems to have changed my outlook on life. I want to stop being such a cynical misanthropic dick and embrace people and life, regardless of who they are and what they believe.
>>
>>36540092
I live in a rural area and I JUST. WANT. TO. LEAVE.

I'd rather be homeless than lonely this is fucking rediculous. And people here won't do shit with you if you aren't an inbreeding redneck. This is so fucked and the cities are literally fucking impossible to move to.
>>
>>36540176
loneliness is the worst feeling

Which country do you live in?
>>
Well, at least they aren't mocking you from their second floor balconies while throwing things at you.
>>
>>36540092
>>36540176
aww look at you poor fuckers in the inaka

why don't you brush up on your japanese, get down to the local izakaya and make some friends?

then after a year or two when your japanese is good enough, move to a major city
>>
>>36540644
I'm only here for a month.

Besides, Tokyo wasn't very nice. It's like the LA of Asia. All the young people want to live there but it's actually pretty shitty and boring, looks the same everywhere, nothing special about it besides it being fucking massive. I haven't visited Kyoto or Osaka yet, but I'm guessing they're much nicer.
>>
>>36540789
I used to live in Tokyo. It's a great place if you know where to go. I also made a lot of friends there but when I went to Japan, I was already pretty fluent in Japanese. The bar that used to hang out at all of the time, added a pic of me to their "wall of regulars".
>>
>>36540837
I'm surprised by the number of westerners that go and live in Japan for a few years. What brings you all to live here?
>>
>>36540789
jabs aside, I highly recommend the local izakaya. laugh a bit and have some fun. minimal japanese required, just lots of beer and smiles. don't keep to yourself, try to engage the locals. and if they actually tell you to fuck off (only the old men might do that), go to another bar
>>
>>36540871
I mainly wanted to improve my Japanese.
>>
>>36540837
Yup, you need to know where to go. Lots of great places in nameless buildings or obscure districts.

Tokyo is one of the easiest places to make new friends in.
>>
>>36540871
Not a westerner, but I love Japan and Japanese women, so...

I fit in pretty well. I'm like a spy.
>>
File: 1422569553472.jpg (583KB, 1598x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1422569553472.jpg
583KB, 1598x1600px
>>36540092
You are describing my dreamlife anon. Rural life is the comfiest. I live in the center of the second largest city of my country and I'm going insane.
>>
>>36540871
I went here for the skiing, but I love the people and the cities so now I live here
>>
>>36540951
>shit in a hole in the ground
>lousy internet access
>no hot girls, only old obaasans
>poor and dumb people, not cultured at all
>literally nothing to do except stuff with nature

think you have a lot of romantic ideas anon
>>
>>36540951
op here
I live in London and for the past few years I've become a bit bored/sick of it. Tokyo made me realise how much I actually love London.

>>36540975
The people are nice but I really hate the formality of the culture and they all seem a bit closed in contrast to England/America/Australia where we wear our emotions on our sleeves. It just seems more free and liberal back at home.
Also, what's with everyone waiting for the green man to cross the road even when there are NO cars on the street? And why does everyone queue at crossings (not one behind the other but people don't stand ahead of someone that got to the crossing first even when there's space)
>>
>>36541042
>England/America/Australia

That might be your problem. German culture at times feels pretty close to the Japanese one.
>>
>>36540405
>>36540644
I'm American bro
>>
>>36540092
Try 4 years of that shit in your home country.
>Listening to some pity music and rolling in your own shit emotionally with tears in your eyes after 10 days on your expensive holiday,

I have zero empathy for you. Just you.

Fucking normans.
>>
>>36541145
I do the same thing at home. I'm lonely there too, but I've reached new heights of loneliness here.

>expensive holiday
much cheaper than you think
>>
>>36540837

Any place is great if you 'know where to go'. fucking hipster faggot trash. Christ, no matter the place, time, or setting, it's always the same 'lol know where to go' bullshit.
>>
>>36541235
No, you dumb faggot. The place does absolutely matter.
>>
>>36541145
I've never been on an expensive holiday so fuck you you're the normal
>>
>>36541290
Not even OP, but what's with all the narcissism on this board?
>>
>>36541070
What the fuck? How?
Maybe it's because I am from Austria but I don't see the similarities.
Most people are really cynical, old ladies are very nice and young people are loud.
>>
>>36541199
>much cheaper than you think
Just shows how disconnected you are from the average robot.

>'m lonely there too, but I've reached new heights of loneliness here.

Loool, so not only are you 'lonely' after just 10 days, you're 'lonely' at home where you have friends.
>>
>>36541309
For one, you've got different levels of politeness inbeded in the language (even though there are more nuances in Japanese obviously). That alone is used to establish how friendly/professional you position yourself in each and every conversation you have.

Germans are also somewhat similar to Japanese in that it takes longer for them to open up and become "real friends". They also share a complex inferiority/superiority complex towards the rest of the world.
>>
>>36540092
If you're not a female, go to an endocrinologist.
You sound like the most insufferable feelsy beta male.
>>
>>36540913
>Tokyo is one of the easiest places to make new friends in.
Ya it's pretty dope, you just sit down at a bar or wherever and people will talk to you, even if your Japanese is shit. The rest of Japan, maybe not so much.
>>
>>36540092

Holy fuck stop acting like a bitch m8, I worked in Japan alone for 2 years and made no friends and I actually spoke the language. Outsiders can't be real friends with Japanese, you will never understand them to have an actual deep relationship or friendship. It's hard enough finding friends in your own native country.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.