[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any cool adventurous things to do in this world? Something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2109.jpg (189KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2109.jpg
189KB, 900x578px
Are there any cool adventurous things to do in this world? Something more than climbing a mountain or backpacking
>>
>>36532818

going for the high score
>>
>>36532818
Hmm, I can't think of anything. My adventures were just bored suburban teen things. Friends and I would walk on railroad tracks, sneak into pools, go on roofs of buildings. Saw a train car spewing flames out the top once. We also stumbled upon a quarry we had no idea existed and that was fun. Throwing rocks off sounded like shotgun blasts.
>>
You could join the French Legion or something and kill people idk
>>
>>36532938
sounds pretty fun, anon. i'm jealous. i don't know a building where you can just go on the roof.
>>
>>36532967
I thought about the military but I don't want to be too expendable, I keep imagining that I'll be forced to do some suicidal mission like storming the beach at the end of saving private Ryan
>>
>>36532818
There's that liveleak video of dudes base jumping off a roof of a skyscraper into a rooftop pool. What do you mean by adventurous? Unexplored? I guess there's Antarctica? Mapping the sea floor? Could try and break a speed record or something. I feel like breaking new ground would be boring math stuff or technological advancements. Also bubble space telescope we found a planet made of diamond sort of stuff. Other than that there's mars. Are people so into mars just because we've never been there? Wouldn't a moon base be better?
>>
>>36532833
what's the high score?
>>
>>36532989
Well you gotta sneak up there. Weve been on top of our local movie theatre. There's this one building with a hill in the back and a sloped roof you can just jump onto. It is pretty fun. Growing out of it now though, can get in actual trouble as an adult. Can't just wander around aimlessly anymore. Plus we have cars now so the world feels smaller. Finding that quarry was probably one of the best moments of my life too. It was a 300 foot drop and in the middle there was another like 50-100 foot square hole with a waterfall. It was funny because we were walking acrossed the railroad tracks one day and we raced up a hill, only to find out there was a hill on top of a hill, and then the next day we find a hole inside a hole.

We've also snuck into an active quarry and accidentally ended up at the dump one day. We found the tower thing where they burn the gas. It was cool. Like a 30 foot tower with 10 foot flames
>>
>>36532818
Yes. From more casual things: canoeing, urban exploration, geocaching, diving.

There's a lot of scientific adventures waiting to be maid aswell.
>>
>>36533113
Damn, that makes me jealous. I guess I've had my own adventures with friends, even if they were smaller. Not being underage sucks tho, you can get in trouble, but the good thing is you can buy alcohol.
Anyways, I've had some small adventures but I still can't help but wish I had lived more. That sucks, but I'm still happy that i made amazing memories with my friends. I'll write songs about this, I'm sure.
>>
>>36533322
We all wish we lived more I think. Hindsight is 20 20. I guess what made it a bit more adventurous was we didn't stay in the same street or anything. Just kinda went in a direction or tried to find places. Nowadays we just play drinking games and you can't fuck around too much while drunk you'll get rekt. There's this game called Dirty Neighbors though. It's great. It's like CAH but the black card is about someone at the table and you write the white card. You just roast the fuck out of your friends. Also you never know when shit will happen. I was on a run in the country last summer and heard a fucking ostrich noise. Got a little story out of that and jokes about the Emu war. Turns out some dude has peacocks around here
>>
>>36532818
This seems kinda adventurous
https://sneakycards.com
>>
>>36533023
Normal or NG+?
>>
>>36533322
I also don't know if it's something I should feel bad for? My friends dad said we were bad influences. Its not like we would sit around and do math homework. However what's the point of living without fun like that?
I guess we could build stuff or volunteer, but sometimes you just gotta go on a walk
>>
Take some MXE, the mind is filled with adventure
>>
Read about a topic that interests you, attempt to become a nuanced expert on it. An adventure from your own home
>>
>>36532818
What would you ideally do anon?
What if you had no restrictions?
>>
>>36533875

If you do this then you might get annoyed with how wrong your teachers were when they taught you about it.

Also you might get annoyed when you realize that the people around you are mistaken.
>>
>>36533503
Yeah, I thought about saying that I thought that everyone wishes they lived more and stuff like that, but what's done is done.
I did stuff like that, but I think it wasn't that awesome. But, this summer (where I live summer was at the start of the year and now we're in autumn) me and my group of friends from high school (we had graduated last year) stayed over at the house of one of us and I think it's one of my fondest memories. We drank a lot, talked about everything, including girls, played ps3 and stuff like that, and in the morning we trespassed to some huge terrain. It was pretty nice and comfy.
That summer we did some stuff like that, like staying over and overall having nice times and they're one of my fondest memories.
Sorry for rambling so much, I'm kinda nostalgic right now because we're in college now and that kinda stuff.
>>
If you want to explore you need to do it underwater. Everybody has already been everywhere on dry land, but majority of the dark waters have not been touched by the human.
>>
>>36534232
No problem. Stories are what make this place fun. My friends and I play a lot of card games. Also one is building a board game collection. Catan is the shit
>>
>>36534169
It's better than living in the dark, I suppose
>>
>>36535302
Thanks, man. This was a nice thread. I'll go to sleep now. Hope you do well.
>>
>>36532818
>Are there any cool adventurous things to do in this world? Something more than climbing a mountain or backpacking
scuba
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.