[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Science" became fashionable because the left defined

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

"Science" became fashionable because the left defined itself in opposition to creationism and climate change skepticism.

This raised a generation that wanted to be "on the side of science". Science became "cool".

Only 80% of the population is literally too retarded to understand real science, so they get cool soundbytes and flawed analogies from pop culture icons and mainstream media who are completely politicized.

Soon the circlejerk starts and the time comes to just signal how much you love science and how much science is on your side, even if it means sharing complete bullshit, like that bit about the 5 biological sexes.

Of course as soon as science goes against your political beliefs then it's a cis heteropatriarcal institution that needs more diversity injected so they reach conclusions you like.

Nobody fucking loves science, not the left, nor the right, only a precious few people nowadays are really interested in finding out the truth, for the rest science is just a way of selling people your ideological bridges.
>>
>Everyone talks about science deniers in congress
>No one ever talks about the time congress passed a resolution condemning a scientific paper which found that pedophilic relationships aren't harmful

Really makes you think
>>
I completely agree. All of this bullshit isn't about being objective, fair, or for equality it's just about being a leftist.
>>
File: civil war.jpg (290KB, 1903x794px) Image search: [Google]
civil war.jpg
290KB, 1903x794px
>>36518471

Oh for fucks sake can Trumptards just fuck off.

We get it Drumpfster, you're triggered that for whatever mysterious hard to work out reason smart people don't agree with you.

Fuck off back to pol
>>
Still better than the populace thinking "science is stupid and boring".
>>
>I fucking love science!
>except when it disagrees with me
I hate the "DAE le SCIENCE" people too. Especially when they bring popular culture into it. No, Rick is not a scientist. Stop saying he supports science.
>>
>>36518723
I'd argue that a lack of knowledge about something is better than incorrect knowledge about it.
>>
>>36518723
No its not because this isn't science. This is just looking for whatever can validate your world views and ignoring inconvenient evidence that contradicts it. Actual science gives just the facts of the matter and what's what. Who cares if the masses think science is boring or stale because there will always be those inspired few who actually love it.
>>
I have watched every episode of bill nye the science guy thank you. I have a very firm grasp of science.
Science rules.
>>
File: to intelligent.jpg (6KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
to intelligent.jpg
6KB, 200x180px
>>36518720
>it's actually fucking real

Seriously why are drumpfetttas such low IQ rural and suburban retards?
>>
Why are there so many anti-science brainlets on here lately?
>>
>>36518768
Rick is the most best scientist.
He is the smartest man I have ever met.

He is so real. He tells it like it is. Love is just a chemical reaction, the Jewish god is fake. And that sauce is the best!
>>
>real science
Yeah...real science..
>>
Real scientists like lescience fans more than they'll ever like you angry bitter fascist elliots.
>>
>>36518471
I agree, the science march is literally needed though
>>
>>36518881
DAE LAY SAUUUUUUUUUCE
DAE LAY REALISM
DAE LAY CONTINUITY
DAE LAY NIHILISM

>OMG that last episode of Rick and Morty (tm) FUCKED MY MIND UP MAN. It's so FUCKING DEEP. It's le completely out of this world and le totally down to earth.
>It's COMPLETELY different from Futurama why would you even bring that up.
>And have you seen Black Mirror? OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S FUCKING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING DEEP. I COULDN'T SLEEP FOR LIKE 1337 YEARS AFTER I SAW WHITE CHRISTMAS. THAT SHOW WILL LE FUCK YOU UP MAYNE.
>It's like that boring Twilight Zone show (not that I've ever seen it, but everyone on Reddit says it's intellectual), but it's more moderner and betterer. Everyone in that show was black and white so they were probably racist. Black Mirror is so much better because it's British and no one in Europe is racist anymore. Racism is bad. I support Black Lives Matter. Not that I'd ever march with them or give them money. I'm just not a racist. Only racists dislike BLM. I'm a le redditor (when does the narwhal bacon ecksdee), and no one on Reddit is racist (except those evil nazi fascist racist misogynist islamophobic homophobic Drumpf supporters, but we'll ban them all soon). Anyway you should le watch the le show.
>>
Can someone explain Everett's multiple universe interpretation? I know its a pop science thing, but I've been listening to the Eels a lot and find it hard to believe E's dad believed there was literal alternate realities. I mean, it's not like you can go there or anything, right?
>>
>>36519318
Omg I for real am going to watch that show now.
>>
Fuck Drumpft and fuck white people
>>
>>36519406
>DAE LE JOHN OLIVER
>He's so great. He's always right. No one would ever know about important issues unless he covered him. His show is so funny and it helps so many people. Remember when he bought that debt? We should just forgive everyone's debt.
I hate normies
>>
>>36518654
Depends entirely on what that relationship is. Being molested against their will is a big problem. If a kid understands what sex is and wants it, and it's done in a healthy environment it's a positive experience in almost every case. I was both very heavily abused and molested (birth to about 14) and while this was going on had a consensual sexual relationship with an older boy in the neighborhood which helped me cope with the former a lot.
>>
File: 1482290509839.jpg (52KB, 509x371px) Image search: [Google]
1482290509839.jpg
52KB, 509x371px
>>36518471
This.
I don't want to sound like a ledditor, but the general public is all "science is good!" and "I love science!" but will lose their shit if faced with doing actual laboratory work, research, or study. What they really mean is they like computer-generated graphics of planets and DNA.
>>
>>36519682
You sound like the opposite of a redditor. They embody the "DAE le Sagan" mentality.
Has anyone seen that video some leddit-tier fag made about Nuclear Winter, but the research made him realize that Sagan basically invented the whole thing and lied about having scientific support for it? I've been looking for it forever and I can't find it.
>>
>>36518792
incorrect knowledge isn't the worst
the worst is staying convinced your view is the real one, disregarding any evidence you're wrong
climate change skeptists do it, just like libtards do it with nuclear energy
it doesn't even have anything to do with politics
>>
>>36518471
God is not real.

Climate change is real and caused by atmospheric pollution generated by humans.
>>
>>36520144
czech'd
But the incorrect knowledge is the problem there. If they didn't know anything about climate change or nuclear power, we could easily convince them to come over to our side. Since they have false info to back up their claims (from places like Fox and Greenpeace), nothing can change their minds.
>>
Check this out:
"Millions of online book co-purchases reveal partisan differences in the consumption of science"
From site Nature
>>
>>36520522
>rape is bad
The vagina was literally designed to take dick. How is it bad for a vagina to receive dick?
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 294x171px
>Trumptards actually trying to convince people that liking science is a bad thing
>>
>I FUCKING. LOVE. SCIENCE.
>except when it comes to boring science parts, like math, calculation, and data crunching
>and I majored in psychology, thats real science too :D
>>
>>36520630
Just a reminder that art is more science than Biology.
>>
>>36518720
>academics detached from reality and the mexicans who keep the lawns looking nice voted Clinton
WOAH
>>
File: CXLczZoUwAAokH2.jpg (51KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
CXLczZoUwAAokH2.jpg
51KB, 480x446px
>>36520723
>smart people don't belong in my society!
>>
>>36518471
Science just means "stuff with maths in it" nowadays.
>>
>>36520746
>strawman and fake quote
>>
>>36520723
>academics detached from reality
It takes a special brand of retard to claim higher education isn't grounded in reality before voting for someone who thinks they can foot construction bills to Mexico.
>>
File: 1492617735041.jpg (200KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1492617735041.jpg
200KB, 1200x1195px
>>36520784
Whatever you would like to proclaim, Reddit.
>>
>>36518654
>a scientific paper which found that pedophilic relationships aren't harmful
have a link?

>>36518471
>that bit about the 5 biological sexes.
what is this about?
>>
>>36520794
I'm in college right now. Everyone here is surrounded by people who think exactly like them. The normies are entirely detached from reality. They see the world as completely black and white: raving SJW or complete nazi scum.
>>
File: ath.gif (978KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ath.gif
978KB, 500x375px
>>36518471
sounds like you're totally right.
>>
File: reddit4chan.jpg (130KB, 1398x802px) Image search: [Google]
reddit4chan.jpg
130KB, 1398x802px
>>36520547
>was literally designed to take dick

mouth was literally designed to take food.

then why so many fat obese landwhales?
>>
I feel the same way about evolution. Leftists fetishise evolution because it puts them at the opposite side of their favourite strawman Christian - the creationist.

However when you begin discussing human biodiversity, the lefty shrieks, and only after lengthy bombardment with actual science do they concede that maybe evolution applies to man too, but only from the neck down!

Leftists have no principles to base their weird and childish worldview on, so they cargo-cult science and replace bishops with le black science man and an assortment of Jews.

But wait, there's more. The fetish of scientific paraphernalia and pop science tid bits only exists to irritate Christians. As soon as you begin to shoot down Islam, atheists drop their Halloween scientist costume and yell at you for insulting the prophet.

t. actual published scientist and traditionalist Catholic
>>
File: bill.png (200KB, 983x325px) Image search: [Google]
bill.png
200KB, 983x325px
according to scientific evidence there are more than two genders

how do u feel about this rubbutts
>>
>>36520784

>fake news

Kekked
>>
>>36518471

Decolonize science right now! No more white men allowed!

This is what happens when you let women and non-whites into your civilization and you let them have rights.
>>
>>36520816
Here's the resolution:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/107/text

Here's the actual paper:
http://digilib.bc.edu/reserves/sc563/mcgu/sc56310.pdf
>>
>>36521535
Link to your scientific papers. Now.
>>
File: reeeeeeeee.jpg (52KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeee.jpg
52KB, 957x621px
>>36518471
>mfw people say they love science
>mfw they think all the races are the same.
>>
>>36518654
>On July 12, 1999, the United States House of Representatives passed HRC resolution 107 by a vote of 355-0, (with 13 Members voting "Present", the latter all members of the Democratic Party) declaring sexual relations between children and adults are abusive and harmful, and condemned the study on the basis that it was being used by pro-pedophilia activists and organizations to promote and justify child sexual abuse.

>Representative Brian Baird, who has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and was one of the 13 Congressmen to abstain from the condemnation of the study, stated that of the 535 members of the House and Senate fewer than 10 had actually read the study, and even fewer were qualified to evaluate it based on its merit.

You can't make this shit up
>>
>really into science as a kid
>see all these hip young hot girls going on youtube and talking about how science is so great
>decide to major in physics
>enter program
>chinese and indians, literally 5 women in the whole department

truly STEM is a meme.
>>
>>36522085
>mfw white people hide behind science to be dicks to other races
>claim all science is liberal pseudoscience when they find out jews and asians are smarter than them
>>
>>36522866
>mfw IQ difference between whites and jews/asians is like 10
>mfw IQ difference between (pure bred) niggers and whites is almost 30
>>
>>36520547
God braces are so hot. Why are they so hot? The girl on the right isn't even thag cute and looks vaguely retarded, but just that peek of braces makes me want to relentlessly abuse all her holes until she's filled to the brim with my seed.
>>
>>36523972
because you're a hebephile, why else? same reason lolicons in japan fetishize randoseru, school uniforms, and school swimsuits. it's because of what it's associated with
>>
>>36524049
I guess that makes sense.

AOC of 18 is suffering.
>>
File: f1q.jpg (122KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
f1q.jpg
122KB, 1024x707px
Reminder that this is what liberals think science means.
>>
>>36520898
Yep. I don't think there is any group of people living in as much as a bubble as academics right now. They have managed to create a world where the are completely detached from reality.
>>
>>36521583
>X
>Y
Did I miss something?
inb4 mutants
>>
>>36524350
>environmental racism
lost
>>
>>36518720
She lost.
>>
>>36524605
This is the kind of stuff they teach at Universities. I had a block on it this year. It is stuff like "if there were more white people in Flint the water problems would be fixed straight away but because everyone who is suffering is black no one cares". And i'm forced to agree to this stuff, or fail my exams/assignments. It makes me sad that at the highest level of education people still see things in such oversimplified ways and any kind of disagreement with this is not allowed.
>>
>>36523972
Isn't she something? I found her in a Facebook thread on b. I snagged the picture because you used to be able to find someone's Facebook off an image filename but I guess you can't. Or I couldn't figure it out. She's a cutie tho.
>>
>>36520723
Academics detached from reality voted for Mimi, as I did.
>>36523122
To a Jew or an Asian, you're the nigger here, senpai. Niggers are just...Black niggers.
>>36524350
Replying to bait!
>>
>>36524350
great
it's already hard enough to convince skeptics that climate change is happening, and they're making it worse

>>36524584
>inb4 mutants
They're the only ones who can actually claim they're not exactly male or female. But they're still really close to one or another. Turner syndrome (X), or Triple X syndrome are female only, XYY is male only and can't even be seen without a caryotype.

>>36524834
That sounds just abherrant, in which field and where are you studying ?
I'm in europe (france) and I've got none of this horseshit.
>>
>>36524834

That's funny because Flint is like 30% white. What threshold of white people does there need to be in order for racism to no longer be a factor?
>>
>>36525716
0%, apparently
Even so, have you seen that article about light skin privilege? Appearance really dark niggers have it even worse than light niggers, and light niggers must pay reparations.
>>
>>36525857
albino niggers have it worse than dark niggers
all dark niggers should pay reparations
>>
>>36525883
>White people are just albino niggers
There are people who believe this. Not many, but they exist.
>>
File: yuri-gagarin-urss.jpg (31KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
yuri-gagarin-urss.jpg
31KB, 640x399px
>>36518471
>The left
It is true that only a few percentage of the population is involved in science and as you put it yourself "are interested in finding out the truth". I hope more people go into science fields and see actual science instead of pop science.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.