[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best kind of career to have in life? Everybody,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: [][][].jpg (25KB, 465x340px) Image search: [Google]
[][][].jpg
25KB, 465x340px
What's the best kind of career to have in life? Everybody, let's talk about the pros and cons of the jobs you've worked or know of so we can figure something out

Office work causes health problems from the sitting, but has good pay and requires some thinking. But Physical labour makes you strong and can keep you healthy, although you might end up with a bad back doing some jobs. Customer service work is easy and stupid, but I guess you lose social anxiety doing it. Practically every field has it's merits and detractors

What's the best kind of job? How is yours?
>>
>>36496303
Well, working as a pharmacist is a pretty comfy ideal. Now it's full business mode, but if you can get a strong handle on this, life is easy.

You'll have time to pursue your hobbies
>>
>>36496334
I bet. But do you sit around all day? Are the hours long? How difficult was it learning the material in university?
>>
timetraveller
>>
>>36496303
any electrician mates around here

about to start, just want to hear as many electricians talk about their life as possible
>>
>>36496423

i know a few electricians. they work for a company and are always working afternoons and weekends, at base pay.
>>
>>36496303
My dream job is to be a self employed programmer/web dev so I can be any where at any time and work. Wether its at home or at a library wouldn't matter. As long as I have internet access somewhere I can make money.

Currently im unemployed but working on getting my CDL to be a truck driver since thats the only thing that has a relatively good job market these days.
>>
>>36496561
do they like it?

I am starting with the union. They pay 14.85/h for a aprentisship
>>
Probably an Author.

>No boss
>Work when you feel
>Creative fulfillment
>Can justify autist shit as being quirky
>Never have to leave the house
>"Oh, he's just a recluse, you know how it is with these creative types"

But you need actual talent and the ability to find a publisher so no, this won't ever happen for you. Sorry robots.
>>
>>36496368
I actually stand all day. Full Days are from 8am-9pm. Half days 8am-3pm. Not much if any time to eat or use the restroom

Well you need the general courses requirements before getting into a pharmacy program. The reqs take anywhere from 2-4yrs. Any younger or graduating pharmacist is A Doctor now. Doctor of Pharmacy. It's a 4 year program
>>
>>36496303
Firefighter

>Get fit
>Seen as hero
>Two 24-hour shifts per week
>Can sleep during shift
>Retire in 25 years, possibly before 50

No downside to it robos
>>
>>36497193
what about smoke inhalation and dying in a fire though.

Also, I've heard people on volunteer firefighting crews (related) are retards. What kind of education do you need?
>>
>>36497262
Fires aren't really as common as you may think. Plus, if you die in a fire you'll be seen as a hero (don't robots want to die anyway?).

You only really need a high school diploma and pass the physical and written tests to get in the door, but if you're a paramedic beforehand or have an associate's degree in fire science or something related can help you and never hurt. It's a little different everywhere so I suggest doing some research.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.