[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here been diagnosed with depression? How did it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1492830196800.png (345KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
1492830196800.png
345KB, 648x648px
Has anyone here been diagnosed with depression?

How did it happen? I want to see my uni counsellor, show them my scars, show them my fucked up writing, my suicide plans, and some of the fucked up OC I've created. I also want to go with a letter basically describing every minor detail of the hell I've been enduring in my head from the daily 24/7 suicidal thoughts and debilitating depression. Basically show them all my power levels.

Care to share stories of how you got diagnosed with depression? And Is my plan a good idea?
>>
>>36480755
c'mon guys I need help.
>>
situation depression yeah, but that's something you can (and i did) get out of. You sound like you may have clinical depression, which fucking sucks. I recommend trying medicine, you'll probably have to go through a few different perscriptions to find you're fit, and remember that still having feeling is better then numbing out
>>
>>36481464
how did you get diagnosed? Like what happened when you saw our counsellor?
>>
Don't reveal your true power level faggot, that's a good way to get sent to a psychiatric hospital. You don't have to shoe them anything, just tell them that you feel depressed and describe your symptoms. All they can do is continue you in talk therapy or put you on meds. In my experience neither of them help, but they might for you. Don't try the jew pills right away; try therapy first
>>
>>36481909
Basically this. If you show the actual intensity of your depression has made you act/feel and how much it controls your thoughts/life and tell them you contemplate suicide on a regular basis they'll send you to a psych ward and they can put you in an involuntary 72 hour hold. You don't have to go into detail with a counselor. Just give them a general idea of how your mental state is disruptive to your daily life and they'll refer you to a therapist/psychiatrist. Don't spill your guts to them, don't do anything that would be considered a red flag.
>>
>>36480755
Don't do it. This will probably pass. It might take years but it will probably pass. If you admit to depression, its on your medical record forever, completely barring you from many careers and opportunities. Want to join the military? Good luck getting any role besides desk jockey.

>>36481909
also this. admitting to being depressed is a good way to get your rights stripped away and have less freedoms than a prison inmate.

Just don't.

My doctor suspected I had depression when I was 12 (in hindsight, I definitely did but at the time I denied it and thought depression was a made up excuse for being a pussy because I'm not in a trash generation). I don't know if he put it on my record or not but either way, it got erased once I turned 18... or maybe its not allowed to put it on the record? I don't know but its not there now. idk how it works in Canada, its weird and there's no info on it really.

My brother attempted suicide, he got put into a secure ward where he had basically no rights, was forced to take meds, had no internet or access to electronics, and had no privacy for months. Weird thing, the buildings actually have no locks or anything aside from the secure ward and anybody can leave whenever they want BUT the facility is way out of the city, surrounded by empty fields for miles. Its kind of like the residential schools in that you can leave, but you'll die if you try to walk back because its such a long way of just nothing. You can't call somebody to pick you up because you have no access to phones except monitored calls. They do actually have problems with people bringing in drugs to the facility because of this way of doing things. I just thought I'd mention this. idk why.
>>
>>36482216
Are you saying I shouldn't go see a counsellor at all?
>>
Been depressed for years, finally got the 'official' diagnoses of Severe Depressive Disorder when I got sent to psych ward. Cute girls everywhere that didn't have a lot of options in who to talk to, so I got some numbers that i never called, but still. I wouldn't mind going back honestly.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.