[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He did nothing wrong. Try and prove me otherwise >protip:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Oliver_Sansweet.png (536KB, 594x800px) Image search: [Google]
Oliver_Sansweet.png
536KB, 594x800px
He did nothing wrong.
Try and prove me otherwise
>protip: you can't
>>
>>36473975
>be single, middle aged wage slave
>decides to off himself because he can't take it anymore
>some alpha chad decides to save his life to self validated and expects gratitude
>gives him movement impairing injuries
Of course you'd sue the government agency Chad works for, he'd get a big enough pay out to finally enjoy his life.
>>
>>36473975
Isn't suicide illegal in a lot of places? Mr Incredible stopped him from breaking a law and that's what Mr Incredible does, since he's a crime-fighter and all.
>>
File: 1461032960924.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1461032960924.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>36474943
>suicide
>illegal

that makes no fucking sense, how are you gonna enforce the law on someone who's dead?
>>
>>36475939
The law is in place ao they have the right to use force to stop you if they see you trying or to imprison you to prevent you from doing it.
>>
>>36474943
this. Mr Incredible was well within the law to save the guy, and in a lot of places if the intent is to save a person's life, the person who saved the life is protected from prosecution of wrongful injury by good samaritan laws. In pretty much any western country Mr Incredible would win the case
>>
>>36473975
I understand the idea that superheroes would be sued like crazy, but this was the wrong way to go about it. Mr Incredible saved a man who was trying to commit suicide, public opinion wouldn't turn against him for that.

Also, remember that the "victim" said "you ruined my bet, ya jerk!". Not only was this man clearly retarded and/or intoxicated, he was also serioisly addicted to gambling to the point that he would jump off of a building for some cash.
>>
>>36475939
Suicide is illegal because it allows therapists/family to report you to pilice if you're attempting suicide, and allows the police to stop you from killing yourself if necessary. There's no actual criminal charge that goes with it. It's actually pretty reasonable.
>>
>>36476857
>you ruined my bet
He said "Ya didn't save my life, you ruined my death".
>>
>>36476333
I guess you couls argue that the Incredibles clearly takes place in a different universe. The opening sequence looks like the 1940s, the "20 years later" looks like the 60s. That means Mr Incredible was born no later than the 1920s or 30s. That's more than enough time to dramatically change the legal systems of the entire world, let alone just the west.
>>
>>36476905
Shit, did he really? I always thought it was "bet". In my defense, I grew up in Hialeah, where the primary language is Spanish and the secondary language is bad English.
>>
>>36476957
That was what I always heard it as. Since I was a kid when I watched it that was the only thing that tipped me off to the fact that his jumping was voluntary.
>>
File: smugreviewbrah.png (568KB, 549x422px) Image search: [Google]
smugreviewbrah.png
568KB, 549x422px
>>36476333
>want to save a suicidal person right before they jump off a skyscraper
>decide to sever their spinal chord with a quick blow to the back of the neck
>suicidal person is now paralized from the neck down
>can no longer attempt suicide
>tfw you get off scot-free by virtue of good samaritan laws
>>
Fuck you OP you made me watch this movie again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.