[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth arguing with people on the internet? How often

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: thumbs up.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
Is it even worth arguing with people on the internet? How often do you actually change someone's mind on something?
>>
>>36472571
you dont change peoples mind because you dont change. grow learn and dont be afraid let your dreams be true
>>
>>36472571
No, arguing doesn't change peoples minds, people are way too stubborn for something that overt to change them.
People don't want to look weak by giving in to an argument and admitting they were wrong.
>>
>>36472571
You don't change minds but in a less anonymous setting like a forum or social media, you can humiliate people.

On 4chan you don't have this accountability so lots of stupid people and opinions remain unchecked.
>>
>>36472726
>just bee yourseIf
Not this shit again
>>
>>36472571
It's not worth it but I do it for a laugh. Just dont take it too seriously, everyone just wants a release.
>>
>>36472838
No dont be yourself. Yourself right now is afraid of taking chances and learning. Be the opposite of yourself.
>>
>>36472571
I feel that I am making change when I call someone out for being a nigger cuck shill jew kike faggot.
>>
>>36472571
It's not worth arguing on the internet. I usually just troll people or strawman them. That being said I do try to argue in the tranny threads so that maybe someone understands me better and doesn't hate me as much.
>>
>>36472870
>I'm literally changing the course of history by calling people slurs on the internet
hm
>>
>>36472884
>It's not worth arguing on the internet.
>That being said I do try to argue on the internet
>>
>>36472571
Maybe 1/10,000 people are open minded enough to accept someone else's point of view may be superior to their own. So, yes, you can change people's mind, but don't waste your time.
>>
>>36472941
He's a mentally ill trannyfaggot, why are you expecting a rational consistent person?
>>
>>36472571
At this point it's pointless to argue with anyone about anything. Trump has emboldened the idiots and, while they never before felt the need to concern themselves with facts or reality, lying and delusion has been mainstreamed and they're completely insufferable now.
>>
>>36474400
Do you realize how ridicilous you sound?
>>
>>36474671
Aaand I just hear one now.
>>
>>36472571
I've changed people's minds IRL but never on the internet from what I could see. People aren't motivated by reason so much as social pressure, so it makes sense. So I try not to argue online anymore, waste of time.
>>
>>36474768
No, I'm not talking about anything to do with Trump. I'm talking about people like you taking up every thread and opportunity to bitch about "the other side" and how any attempt to stop the bitchposting is obviously a ploy by "the others" because they can't handle your controversial opinions. Is your identity really that invested in Trump and liberals that you can't spend a moment without bringing it up? You're the SJWs of the right. Fucks like you ruined /tv/.

>inb4 sjw
>inb4 nice try shillary
>inb4 libcuck
No anon, I'm a right-leaning nationalist. I just want you to keep your whine posts on /pol/.
>>
I dunno, I've had my views successfully challenged and changed many times. I just assume others react similarly.
>>
>>36472571
No, it's not. You can never change someone's opinion. It's best to just not reply when someone starts to try to argue. That's what I do. Saves everyones' time and keeps you from getting in a bad mood.
>>
never works people are way to delusional just hearing this pisses me off and reminds me that there are still retards that argue the earth is flat
>>
>>36472571
It's not about convincing the person with which you are debating, but convincing bystanders with arguments superior to those of your opponent.
>>
Getting into arguments online is fucking fun
>>
>>36472571
You don't ever.

Its just easier to know you're already right. For some people, just as stupid as religion is, they follow a cult like mindset, doesn't matter what you say.

Humanity is so fucked.
>>
>>36472571
Even if you don't change their mind you can always educate someone else (lurkers)
>>
>>36475402
i appreciate you, anon

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.