[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /self-improvement/ here? >stopped drinking coffee, soda,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

File: ps.jpg (204KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ps.jpg
204KB, 1200x1200px
Who /self-improvement/ here?

>stopped drinking coffee, soda, alcohol and juice
>stopped relying on various drugs to feel better
>drink only water and good tea
>take cold showers every morning
>train myself to stop craving junk food (used to go through boxes of oreos and cupcakes like mad) by eating healthily until it became second nature
>quit smoking cigs, smoked half a pack a day for 3 years straight and dropped it cold turkey
>groom regularly now
>exercise every other day so my muscles can rest of course (my legs already look great from walking/jogging often so i'm building arm strength now; nothing too fancy, plenty of push-ups and reps with a 20 pound dumbbell
>friends and family are utterly shocked, get comments all the time on how happy and healthy I look these days after degenerating for years on end
>people are gravitating towards me now as opposed to avoiding my depressed ass

Share your routine, your experiences, the works. Let's uplift each other!
>>
brumpin
>>
>>36468042
It is not, it's a foundation. You've most likely never tried it out yourself.
>>
File: justshootme.jpg (263KB, 700x1065px) Image search: [Google]
justshootme.jpg
263KB, 700x1065px
>earnestly tried to improve my life, did well
>giddy for a while
>slid back gradually over the last 9 months when I realized I still had the same defective core
>lower than I've ever been
>>
>>36468061
why in the world would i make that assertion if ive never tried it
>>
>>36468092
Because you're an idiot who didn't try hard enough.

>>36468087
What do you mean by same defective core exactly?
>>
>>36468122
>Because you're an idiot who didn't try hard enough.

now you dont know that
>>
i am trying to drink less, i might be becoming an alcoholic. currently seeing if i can't go a month without drinking.
>>
File: wow thats really neat.png (50KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
wow thats really neat.png
50KB, 216x200px
>>36467867
>Played much less CSGO recently, am considering selling all my skins soon
>Started working out at gym
>Shave daily and comb my hair
>Try to be more social and try to initiate conversation more, realized the world doesnn't revolve around me and I need to be the one to initiate conversation sometimes
>Dress nicer, don't just wear some t- shirt with some autistic shit on it and shorts
>Been way more self- confident, sorry to suck my own dick, but have been way more happy about how handsome I have become and how nice I look
Best of luck to you OP and everyone reading this thread. I believe in you!
>>
>>36467867
I'm agoraphobic and I drove into my local town today, it was 20 minutes from here to there, I was panicking a lot but I faced my fears!
Felt really good when I got back.
Still an ugly skelly with a bad hairline, but I'm gonna start working out alongside facing my fears!
>>
>>36468122
>didn't try enough
You know what trying enough got me? A lot of fucking burnout. Self-improvement is such a chore.
>>
>>36468122
It's difficult to explain to someone who doesn't understand immediately. I'm intensely uncomfortable when I'm happy, have something go right, receive a compliment.
If I can tell something good is happening, I get intensely uncomfortable until I snap and fuck it all up or dive into any addictive coping mechanism until it moots itself(none in particular.)
I don't want attention, responsibility or friends; I don't even want success, it seems. I always think I want these things but when I actually start to get them I can't do it. I don't mean to consciously, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen that way every time.
Loner, shut-in life is the only way that I won't kill myself. My life isn't worth much but it's much comfier this way.
>>
>>36468223
Tried it for six months and it all came falling down just like that.
Self improvement would've been great if it's permanent. Instead it's me trying again and again and failing again and again.
I'm destined to commit suicide.
>>
I learned how to cook by forcing myself to prepare all my own meals.
>>
File: ps1.jpg (32KB, 617x409px) Image search: [Google]
ps1.jpg
32KB, 617x409px
>>36468180
That's rough man, I've been there. My advice would be to replace the buzz you get from alcohol with something like exercising. Start slow though; if you're becoming an alcoholic like you claim then that means your mind is still attuned to alcohol no matter what you do, but you can train yourself to become attuned to healthier habits.

>>36468183
Now here's a reasonable person. Forgot to mention, I dress a lot better these days too. Makes me so much more confident and I look great.

It's okay to suck your own dick here and there as long as you're honest with yourself and others!

>>36468189
God bless man, I still have agoraphobic tendencies but it's getting better.

>>36468223
What exactly did you do if you don't mind me asking?

>>36468241
That's the thing about depression, it's extremely fucking addicting and comfortable. I can't sit here and tell you that it's okay to feel good about good things happening when you're like this because I've been there and I understand.

My advice would be to do something good for another person. Perhaps volunteer somewhere?

>>36468320
Awesome! Home-cooked meals are always better.
>>
>>36467867
I always make a thread like this a it never work because autism

Tell me how to be more attractive (objectively).
Like using minoxidil for your beard, get a good haircut, using fit clothes, go to the gym, all that shit.
>>
>>36468087
This

I started riding my bicycle for miles. Was hitting 150 miles a week. Looked good, felt good, drank less, smoked less, ate less, got comments about losing weight from my belleh... Then had a week off it for no real reason, that was two years ago.
>>
>>36468370
i do exercise regularly. most days i can't think of a reason not to drink besides that i might have a problem. is that a bad sign?
>>
I started exercising and I'm getting my uncle's old mountain bike fixed up so I can go riding. Exercise actually does help a lot with anxiety, I thought it was just "b urself" tier advice. It's made enough of a difference that I can go outside and have short conversation with people and not have a panic attack.
>>
>>36468087
Exact same thing here. I did everything, improved grades in classes, got a job on the side, went to the gym (and even lost a decent amount of weight), started actively talking to my family more. It felt good for a short while like you said, then it kicks in how much I still hate myself and how unhappy I still am. It gets to the point of where even when I am doing things I know are good for me I'm no longer happy doing them, it's just out of habit. Whether this is a better better life than spending all day sulking in bed, it doesn't matter to me. In the end, I'll still likely an hero after my mom dies.
>>
>>36468432
I'd check yourself into an inpatient rehab program, or if you can't do that, read the Big Book and do some reading online about AA. I don't like AA, but the one useful thing I learned from it is that some people just have defective brains that can't handle alcohol or drugs. Knowing you can never drink again sucks, but it's better than dying of cirrhosis.
>>
>>36467867
Based Sal, good on you lad
>>
>>36468486
ill look into it then, it's not that first time i've told myself that i should quit.
it's not even affecting my life that much at the moment. i just have this feeling that it will become a problem eventually.
>>
File: ps2.jpg (222KB, 564x699px) Image search: [Google]
ps2.jpg
222KB, 564x699px
>>36468410
Self-improvement is about picking yourself back up when you screw up. Never strive for perfection, it's okay to indulge every now and then! Build self-discipline though man, the indulgence can't last forever.

>>36468382
Smile, look like you're doing something with your time, don't have stiff body language, shit like that usually makes you more attractive.

>>36468432
>most days i can't think of a reason not to drink

This, right here, is what you must work on. When I was abusing painkillers to self-medicate depression and anxiety, I was 100% convinced that this shit was the key, the answer. It's fake though, man. It's empty pleasure, there's zero substantiation. When it comes to mentalities like this, there's usually an underlying issue or something about yourself that you don't like and are running away from. FEEL, man! Stop running! Cry if you need to, scream into a pillow, do something that'll physically exhaust the shit out of you, anything that'll help you observe yourself more objectively.

You got this.

>>36468542
Hi /mu/friend!
>>
>>36468610
I found myself drinking a few cans every night. Without it I didn't feel normal, just a bit anxious and wierd. I cut it out for lent and honestly I don't think I'll go back to booze in a big way. I had about five pints with daddy a few days ago and felt like death the next day, it was not worth it at all lad. Now I've actually stopped then I realise how much money I'm saving.

So I'm no longer an alcoholic, which is what you are if you drink most days. I didn't see myself as one but nobody ever does, especially if they function (holds down a job or a house, goes shopping, doesn't have liver disease).
>>
File: 1484828669639.png (78KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1484828669639.png
78KB, 420x420px
>>36467867

I had a shitty childhood and only really get turned on by people getting bullied/crying beaten up in completely non sexual scenarios (although I wouldn't ever hurt anyone IRL due to muh morals).

Is the only was to improve myself to put a bullet in my head? Would you HONESTLY be friends with me in real life?
>>
File: 9F0aoHU.jpg (166KB, 2048x1493px) Image search: [Google]
9F0aoHU.jpg
166KB, 2048x1493px
>>36467867
> went down to the ol' probate court
> Got my CCP
> bought a gun
> started drinking
> pre-work routine is now drinking 4 beers with my 9 on the table

Who /Beyond self-improvement/ Here?
>>
File: ps3.jpg (33KB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
ps3.jpg
33KB, 810x540px
>>36468470
>then it kicks in how much I still hate myself and how unhappy I still am

Been there too, ha. You're most likely getting too ahead of yourself and that's why this emotional relapse happens. You really gotta take this shit slow and with a mind as open as you can currently handle, even if it's painful. If anything, the pain is necessary. You can't grow if there's nothing painful to look back on and say "yeah, I did that." It's like buying some expensive thing you really want with your dad's credit card, you get it, and you don't feel that appreciation for it, because there was no work involved. It's like feeling bad about cheating in a video game, ever have that happen? Shit's all connected, man.

>>36468762
what is this word salad
>>
>>36468861
>what is this word salad
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>36467867
>lost a lot of weight + extra chins thanks to a small home gym
>got some decent haircut
>got some decent clothes
>dropped every kind of soda, only drinking water/tea/occasional coffee now
>stopped eating fast food
>started getting some education again after being a neet for 2 years
all of this done in a year or so
im still socially dysfunctional autist with black bags under my eyes and with no job + with questionable future but at least im a lot stronger, look better etc
would feel nice to find some kin soul though
>>
Okay, bots I've been trying not to come here anymore and have only been reading threads that weren't overtly negative. That's about one thread a week, and I encourage you to really think about how being in that environment is affecting you. Your mind is warping on levels that you can't imagine because you're viewing things through a lens that validates all of your self-defeating ideology. The way to fix this is through cognitive behavioral therapy. It has been proven to be more effective than antidepressants. I've been on antidepressants for years and while they help, they can't change your overall negative worldview. Now you're saying "I can't afford therapy" or "my worldview is negative but it's realistic. I know Chad and Stacy and cucks aren't real but they are valuable archetypes that help me understand the world and what makes me different from other people." I posit that not only are you wrong, but you are actively destroying your own chances at happiness. There is a book that teaches you how to use CBT on yourself to change your poisonous thought patterns and show you how biased your thinking really is. I have been using it for a couple months now and my depression that antidepressants couldn't completely fix is now lifting. I feel better than I have in years and I want my fellow bots to reap the same benefits so I present it here with a humble request that you read the first chapter. It is called Feeling Good and is written by Dr. David Burns. Please, robots, give yourself a chance to turn around and download the PDF now (just Google it). Good luck.
>>
>>36468702
>>36468653
shit, well i might start taking this a bit more seriously then. thanks for the advice
>>
>>36467867
I still drink tea and coffee every so often but lately I've been working a lot on my push-ups. I can do pull-ups just fine but push-ups always were a problem for me, now I can get in 20 in perfect form at once. I've been doing some sprinting as well, though not to brag I was always pretty good at that. Aside from that ever since I was a teen I've been bettering my diet and exercising regularly, planning on going to a gym soon or just buying my own weights. Was considering joining the USMC as well but with all the shit that's been going on lately I'm gonna put a little hold on that for a bit. Unfortunately I'm still 5'8 but people like Putin let me know that it's mainly how you present yourself that matters in life. Also planning on starting an apprenticeship soon.
>>
>>36468933
How To Win Friend and Influence People
When I Say No I Feel Guilty
Verbal Judo
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Games People Play

These are some essential robotcore books. Learning about the psychology of conversations and how to talk to people without being an autist is really helpful. I can actually say no to people and not feel guilty or feel that I need to apologize now.
>>
>>36468950
It's real shit, that's how it starts. Nip it in the bud before it becomes a real problem and you really fuck up your life, because it'll creep up on you and fuck you before you realize what happened.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (99KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
99KB, 944x712px
This thread disgusts me.
Just failed normies maliciously attempting to get other people to join their quixotic quests to become Brads so they feel personally validated about the fact it's not making them happy. Misery loves company.
You all deserve your fruitless struggles.
sage
>>
>>36467867
I have the drive to start but Im self conscious when I'm out in public especially if I'm jogging
I'm pretty sure I have the "autism jog".
How do I fix this
>>
File: ps5.jpg (395KB, 1035x1295px) Image search: [Google]
ps5.jpg
395KB, 1035x1295px
OP here, gonna head in the shower and exercise for a while. Take it easy friends.

>>36468950
You're welcome dude. You are never alone!

>>36468933
Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. If things were up to me, this place (/r9k/) would get shut down, not because of its content, but because of how badly it warps people's perceptions on the world around them. It's heartbreaking to watch.

>>36469054
Projection is an ugly suit.
>>
>>36469117
I know that I'm miserable. I don't encourage anyone to live like me, but that won't stop them. I'm not like this because it's fun for me. No one is, and yet I'm far from unique.
You're selling a bill of goods for no good reasons except a need for validation. There is no other side to this, hope-pushing normalscum.
>>
>>36468653
It's really fucking weird seeing you with all proper caps and no cat. I recognised the Phil Spector pics right away tho :)
>>
File: ps7.jpg (207KB, 475x653px) Image search: [Google]
ps7.jpg
207KB, 475x653px
>>36469180
>I know that I'm miserable. I don't encourage anyone to live like me, but that won't stop them. I'm not like this because it's fun for me. No one is, and yet I'm far from unique.

I think it's hilarious how you project this idea of romantic idealism onto us and then go on saying this bullshit, like you took it straight from a sappy novel and rehearsed it yourself or something. And to top it off, you claim I'm trying to "validate" myself. Think about it this way, what are YOU doing in this thread besides attempting to validate your OWN views? Don't you see that there are two sides to this? This is clearly not the thread for you anyway so obviously you're just looking for a rush.

I made this thread because I've been on 4chan for many years and if there's one thing I learned, it's that we're very sick people. Everything I've said in this thread is from personal experience and nowhere else, and I want to uplift others and help them see that there's so much more to life than your crappy attitude. So much more.

>>36469197
Yeah haha, nice to see someone from /mu/.
>>
>>36469391
Yes. I see there are two sides to this, you're wrong. You looked at life and got scared and want people to pat you on the back and tell you you're doing right.
I'm not going to tell you that.
>implying I get a rush from anything
>"We're very sick, I just want to help!"
>You (me) have a crappy attitude, you're obviously just having a goof, we're all sick. My newly acquired positive attitude is objectively correct and if everyone else doesn't agree they're just jelly!
As you demonstrated no one will ever laud me for this view, I wouldn't want them to, and I don't see any more validity to this positive attraction woo-woo faggotry.
If you expect praise and empathy for being human, you're gonna end up falling hard.
>>
>>36467867
What is does mean "good tea"?
>>
I've been lifting for years.
I jog on my off days.
I've been taking boxing lessons for two years now.
I taught myself to program and some basic web dev.
I'm trying to teach myself languages.
I read books, and no longer play video games or watch tv.

I'm still worthless garbage, hate myself, and am a failure at everything I do.
>>
File: 1492537492751.jpg (74KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
1492537492751.jpg
74KB, 400x565px
How do you retards do cold showers?
I tried doing it once and I ended up having a really strong cold so naturally I had to skip a few days at work.

A few weeks later I tried again and I got another cold/flu.

I just never tried again, it was obviously pointless. I must have a shitty body or something.
>>
quit heroin mommy is so proud
>>
>>36469590
huh, most people don't actually get sick from being cold. must be just you, sorry senpai
>>
>>36468988
do you have any audio with content similar to that? I like to listen to something while doing stuff on pc
>>
>>36469590
thats weird, Personally I like taking cold showers now I used to take like 15-20 minute hot showers and steam up the bathroom and loathe getting out.

now they take like 5 minutes, bathroom is unchanged and now I cant wait to get out.

Also I don't stand in the stream of hot water and contemplate my existential depression anymore, so another small plus

Also my skin doesn't seem as dry as before and I've never gotten sick, sucks for you anon
>>
File: ps44.jpg (1MB, 2006x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ps44.jpg
1MB, 2006x3000px
>>36469484
Let me tell you right off the bat that you're terrible at this whole mental gymnastics thing.
>You looked at life and got scared and want people to pat you on the back and tell you you're doing right.
More like I started analyzing myself and my relationships and came to a conclusion that I'm doing a bad job and I have to change. Rest well assured that I'm not sitting here at my desk laughing to myself over people wanting to change their lives around while I scarf Doritos down my throat and wash them down with Mountain Dew. I legitimately do give a shit, because again I've been here for many years and I know what it's like to be in the position many on this board especially are in.
>>implying I get a rush from anything
Oh spare me, above it all. Look, I know your type, you're only here to solidify your brainwashed self.
>I don't see any more validity to this positive attraction woo-woo faggotry.
Yeah because you lack experience, obviously.

>>36469590
Start warm/hot and slow work your way down to colder temperatures. Also I've never heard of anyone catching colds from cold showers, maybe your immune system is hanging by a thread or something.
>>
>stopped drinking soda
>run twice a week
>started jamming with people
>start hanging out with some new people
>attempting to jerk off less often

Still more depressed than ever
>>
>>36469782
*and slowly

okay now i'm gonna shower

>>36469671
God bless you, opioids are the fucking devil. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't take an oxy if it was right in front of me, which is why you gotta actively avoid. Block your dealer's number, cut contact with druggie "friends," the works man.

>>36469847
How does NoFap work exactly? Seems interesting.

>>36469510
High quality jasmine green tea usually. I've also been drinking black tea lately which is nice.

Jasmine's my secret weapon though. Feels so cozy.
>>
>tfw stopped being fat but still too scared to do a shopping in some supermarket
why do i have to be such autist
>>
>>36469890
Probably just a placebo but it makes me feel a Lil more confident when speaking to people, I feel like I have an easier time looking people in the eye and not triping over my words when I don't fap. Also easier to get a boner when I don't jerk off 3 times in a day.
>>
>>36468762
Who gives a shit what your fetishes are? Why would that preclude you from having friends or being happy?
>>
Doing things to improve my looks like:

Losing a bit of weight (I'm not fat to begin with)
Getting laser on pubes and armpits, this saves me time and money
Fixing my toenails after an accident

Apart from that I'm learning a new language, working and looking for a new job, and practising my hobbies
I'm also trying to spend my time in more enriching ways, so I've started watching documentaries
>>
>>36469890
NoFap is basically practicing self control to stop masturbation. For most men it's not really necessary but for some it can become a serious addiction with a ton of adverse effects like a drug. I think it's mostly a placebo, for some it makes them much more sociable, successful in general life, and other positive effects, while for others it's just same ol, same ol. Masturbation itself isn't too bad but if you're doing it obsessively it can become a problem, and that's what NoFap tries to stop.
>>
File: 1488668784433.png (145KB, 680x579px) Image search: [Google]
1488668784433.png
145KB, 680x579px
>>36467867
I think the cause of my fucked up brain is due to vitamin deficiencies and chemical imbalances, so for the past 2 weeks now I've stopped eating garbage and also been taking vitamin supplements. Woke up at 6 am today and took a long walk, I'm feeling pretty good now desu.

I've also started reading books and trying to learn shit since I dont have a hs diploma and am pretty fucking dumb because of it.
>>
Up oregnangk
>>
File: 1492158553767.png (524KB, 779x521px) Image search: [Google]
1492158553767.png
524KB, 779x521px
>started caring more about how much, and what I eat
>get a lot more fit
>stop being "that fat guy"
>get more friends
>overcome my anxiety and my social anxiety
>groom more
>dress better
>things carry on for a few months
>still browse this site every now and then
>go out more
>stop doing drugs and drinking soda all fucking day
Nothing in my life has gotten better. I still hate myself and everyone else, girls still don't look at me.
I think I've overdone it, I'm so fit, good looking, and around girls so often that people unironically think I'm gay. Girls treat me like another girl.
>mfw I went from being a beta, fatass, 4chan orbiter, lol player, to a chad looking confident, funny guy. And I still can't get any pussy.
Maybe I should just give up and become a trap
>>
>>36472325
TL;DR: Overcoming robotness is just a meme, guys. Spare yourself the suffering
>>
>>36467867
>do all this
>still ugly 2/10 face

it doesn't matter how much i improve
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.