[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here suffers from OCD? I'm really at my limits here,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

Anyone here suffers from OCD?

I'm really at my limits here, it's eating me alive.

Please share your own experiences, how they affect your life and how you're dealing with them.

I don't know what to do, it's consuming my life and one of the main reasons I'm a robot.
>>
No one?

Is ocd a rare mental condition on /r9k/
>>
Reeee

Fucking why

OCD robots where you at?

Life sucks.
>>
File: 1460261024197.png (149KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460261024197.png
149KB, 600x600px
OCD reporting in
What's going on in here?
>>
>>36465367
I just want robots to share their obsessions and compulsions.

I can't deal with my ocd and it's driving me insane, I've been thinking about suicide all day.

Reading other's experiences helps sometimes.
>>
Try st0pping by >>>/adv/ :)
>>
>>36465434
>>>/adv/ can help you out.
>>
File: 1473815322311.png (229KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1473815322311.png
229KB, 1200x807px
>>36465434
It's mostly just obtrusive thoughts throughout the day that fills me with vague anxieties forever
>>
>>36464890
Got OCD, anxiety/panic disorder and depression.

Death is wished for every day
>>
I posted a thread trying to find out what's wrong with me and people said it seemed like ocd. I don't think I have it though. Want me to copy paste the greentext?
>>
>>36465500

So do I. I still suffer from it but I've learned to cope. It can be done. Just gotta work at it.
>>
I have OCD I can't be bothered to blog all of my issues out ITT. Whatever it is I know how you feel and yes it's debilitating and ruins your life. I fucking hate this so much. At least I get disability bux for it.
>>
OCD here. I just get thoughts telling me to do things in certain ways. Like when organising books, I'll get a thought to organise them in height order or something bad will happen.
I have other things that I have to do in any situation, like taking steps in a multiple of 7 when climbing stairs before I can go inside. A lot of it revolves around 3 and 7.
I don't know what will happen if I don't do what I'm told, but I'm not going to take the risk.
>>
>>36464890
you have that pic as a wallpaper ?
>>
abcd abcd abdc
>>
Not got OCD but I have an OCD trait where if I turn around 360 in one direction I have to turn 360 in the opposite direction to "reset myself" otherwise I feel sort of twisted.

Anyone else get this?
>>
>>36465628
How did you get the neetbux? How severe is your ocd?
>>
I have purely obsessive ocd, it really is a living hell. I don't like talking or thinking about it when i have it under control because shit will start to snow ball and everything will get loco in mi mente and my day will be fucked. If you have this you may or may not know what i'm talking about
>>
>>36465912
abcd abcd abdc abdc adbc adbc dabc dabc dacb dacb dcab dcab dcba dcba
>>
>>36466017
I live in the UK. It's debilitating.
>>
>>36466056
I know exactly what you're talking about bru.

It took me years until I gathered the strength to look up my symptoms online, I was so afraid to even think about them yet alone google them, just the thought of typing them out made my anxiety sky rocket.

OCD is horrible.
>>
OCD is hell,try not complying with the compulsion no matter how bad the thought is and accept whatever fucked up thing happened in your life that is making you touch things a certain amount of times or whatever your compulsion is.

It worked for me, I still get urges but I can keep it under control.
>>
If I'm walking down the street, I need to have all of my steps match up with the different blocks of concrete that form the curb. Like, one step per block, and the step needs to be dead center otherwise I stop and have to try it again, otherwise my heart starts beating really fast and I get upset. Also, I'm constantly bouncing my legs when I'm sitting. Basically the only way I can focus
>>
>>36465931

That used to bug the shit out of me as a kid. I also hated seeing certain things, feeling textures and hearing sounds. I also had little sounds or eye movements I had to make to sort of clean or dispell it. The shrink said it was tourettes but looking back it doesn't fit because there were very well defined stimuli that elicited my response. Thank fuck I outgrew it, I'd have to kill myself if I had to live with OCD. He was no help at all, I still feel it sometimes but it was pushed under some way with desensitizing and substitution, basically I cbt'd myself on accident.

This is probably more autistic and one I could never shake, but I get attached to personal items. Almost like they develop a personality. I can't stand to throw something away like a pen because it was my friend and it just seems cruel to dispose once I've extracted any utility from it. It works fine with pens because I bought a nice one and give it food so it's fine to throw away refills, he's hungry and doesn't care about the wrapper, just give him more ink. Things get memories attached to them too though. I carried money as a kid but I'd go hungry before spending it because I remembered the story behind finding this coin, so and so gave me this one, I won the dollar in church trivia game, and so on. Fuck money, this is why cards are best, you get to keep it when using it. When you get a new one it's soul is just moving because it's still linked to the account, like a hermit crab moving shells, so it's not really throwing away the card.
>>
I have many of the compulsions mentioned in this thread but they've never been too much of a problem for me. The worst aspect of my ocd happens inside of my mind, as in you'd never know i had ocd if you met me irl. The misconception that ocd is about being organized all the time meant i spent many years in a world of shit without knowing what was happening to me. From what i can gather every individual case is different. That said, things that work for me: talking to other people with ocd, recognizing my symptoms when i'm going through an episode, avoiding "checking" and anything related. For now i'm going through a period where i have everything more or less under control.
>>
I have it, I'm very worried about getting myself or the things I use dirty. I really do not like it, it has made my life a lot worse. I'm too scared to even use my keyboard, so I type everything with the on-screen one. I haven't worn my headphones since September 2016, the only way I listen to things is via my phone, which I only use in bed.

I wish I didn't have this, it makes even doing most basic things difficult I say "makes" but I know it's my decision, but I don't feel in my head that I have much of a choice. My mother gets angry at me because of it too, she says not nice things to me if she speaks to me.

My hand bumped into the wall earlier so I washed it about 15 times before touching the mouse again.

I imagine it's only going to get worse, which isn't too good.
>>
>>36467284
I had this as well for a period of my life.

Speaking from personal experience there are good and bad news. The good news is it went away, mostly, the bad news is that it was replaced by different types of obsessions.

But that's me, no one knows how their individual ocd would turn out. It all comes to luck, some people have easy to exsecute compulsions, others like me sometimes almost kill themselves while doing theirs.

Wish you the best with dealing with this fucking condition.
>>
>>36464890
I used to have a half an hour ritual before I went to sleep. I managed to get it down to about 10 minutes, but if I get "those" thoughts I have to do it all over again. Other than that I seem to do everything for 6 or 7 times. Like checking the door, pipes, if I closed the fridge, knocking on wood...
>>
>>36467741
Shieet dude I know that feel but thankfully on a much smaller scale.

Before I go to bed I close my window but after 10 minutes of laying in the bed and trying to fall asleep there's like an 80% chance I'll check if the window is actually closed even though I KNOW for sure that it is. Exact same thing goes for locking my doors.
>>
>>36467974
>No new posts
The funny part is, it gets worse as my life situation gets better. "Oh, everything is going well for you? You better keep it that way by doing all these senseless things."
>>
>>36468262
>No new posts
Scratch that, Idk how it got there
>>
File: 1480644215667.png (414KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480644215667.png
414KB, 800x720px
All of the classic intrusive thoughts. Skin and hair pulling. Contamination fears. Physical tics. The list goes on.

I have no one to talk to about this which makes it worse.
>>
I have moderate ocd. Shitty rituals that vary with time. i tap stuff 3 times after using it, if i fuck it up 9 times, special ways of keeping up with and closing my social media apps. drawing circles on the roof of my mouth with my tongue after trying to find closure with something bugging me, excessive cleaning, long nighttime routine and obsessing over lists of things to do/to check etc. I used to have way worse rituals around my social media apps which would make simple checkups last literal hours. Used to reread simple messages/sentences in books tons of times as well, deconstructing every word and everything. I also go insane when someone moves my stuff, especially in my room. When my mom would clean my room/let other children in my room when i was away as a child i always got super distressed, crying and yelling and everything. Its extra shitty because no-one takes it seriously and im quite embarrassed of most of my rituals.
>>
File: 1492873244800.jpg (7KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492873244800.jpg
7KB, 245x250px
>>36464890
I've had a tic for as long as I can remember.
At least once every 5 minutes I have to scrunch up my face (tense my face muscle and move around my nose), click my knuckles, and tense my toes, otherwise it feels like I'm going to explode.
No idea where it came from, it just feels better to do it. Ignoring it is possible, but it's kind of instinctive for me to react this way to the feeling. lmao
>>
I've had it since I was really young. :(
>>
>>36467284
I made this post.

I got the clothes I intended to wear tomorrow potentially "dirty" so now I am upset and worried and sad and angry and my will to live is in the negatives, I don't think I would be too upset if I didn't wake up tomorrow.

I don't know of I will feel comfortable wearing my backup outfit either, so I really hope I get over it by the time it comes to putting them on. I really don't want to risk getting my stuff "dirty" I know it is illogical to make such a big deal over it but it just feels like it is to me. I hate this illness or disorder or whatever you call it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

>Cool blog where can I subscribe
I just wanted to complain and I don't think I have anyone I can complain to or feel comfortable complaining too

I would rather be depressed again, at least then I felt able to do things like use a keyboard without having to worry about it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.