[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever wish you hadn't started reading "red pilled"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: writing.jpg (61KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
61KB, 960x540px
Do you ever wish you hadn't started reading "red pilled" literature on gender relations? You know, /r9k/ shit, MGTOW, MRA, whatever you want to call it?

I got exposed to this stuff a few years back. I never was even one of the people who is really into it, I'd just read an article or watch a video every now and then and it would leave an impression.

I honestly think this stuff has made me totally paranoid and killed any ability I had to trust women. Everywhere I look, I see scheming, manipulative, emotionally abusive women coming out of the woodwork. It's gotten to the point where when I'm out in public, if I see two people who are obviously a couple, I will stop walking and let them get a distance ahead of me, because I'm afraid I'll hear a girl being mean or condescending to her boyfriend.

I dunno if this is just irrational, or if I'm making too big a deal out of a small thing, or what.

When I think back to past relationships, there were definitely some classic patterns that mgtows yammer on about... You know the classic thing where the girl just assumes she's some moral authority and criticizes the guy non-stop when she's not actually any better. But at the time, when it was happening, I didn't really care or think about it that much. I knew that these relationships were bad and that I'd have to get out sooner or later, but I didn't have some giant complex about it. I could see this shit possibly being worth putting up with if the relationship had benefits in other areas that were worth it; for instance, if you and your girlfriend had a compatible sense of humor and the sex was good, etc. Objectively I don't think a little nagging and bullshit is such a big deal--although womens' brazenness with it really is astonishing and incredible. But now that I've had my eyes opened to it it's like I "can't unsee what I've seen."
>>
I dunno. Maybe another big part of this is just me getting older, seeing doors closing. I want so much in life, but I just can't take the compromises you have to make; you want to make money, but then you have to deal with peoples' bullshit; you want to get high, but then you have to deal with the comedown; you want to have intimacy, but there's always the risk of abuse and the guarantee that there'll be at least some strife.

The way the world works, it just makes me want to disappear. Not die, because I objectively love life to the extent that it's my own. But wish I could be erased from the minds of everyone close to me, just live totally anonymously, none of the struggle and pain of caring about others and having them care about you.
>>
>>36464682
You're definitely paranoid. I'm not going to pretend like emotionally manipulative, abusive, conniving women don't exist, because they do, but such men exist in equal parts. Shitty people are shitty, regardless of gender.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass and pretend like you have some great relationship with a great woman waiting for you right around the corner, because there's no way of knowing that. Maybe you have a lot of flaws that will make it hard for you to meet women and make it hard for women to accept you, or maybe you'll just continue to be really unlucky due to no fault of your own.

Sometimes shit just sucks and it's nobody's fault, but making broad generalizations about large groups of people is a slippery slope that will turn you into an utterly unlikable mess of a person.
>>
The most important point you're not accounting for is that most people are stupid. Most people, even relatively smarter ones, aren't really capable of pulling off any kind of intentional manipulation well. Of course, on the other hand people often do dumb shit unintentionally because they just lack self-awareness. Most, nearly all this bad behavior comes from a lack of self-awareness and general stupidity, whereas MTGOW and co like to try to ascribe it all to conscious malice.
>>
>>36464682
You're not paranoid. I had my eyes opened at 50+ - suddenly a lot of things were explained. Try not to get too downhearted - think "Forewarned, forearmed", and do the best for yourself that you can.
>>
>>36464682
No, I don't regret it. It always gives me a good chuckle.
>>
>>36464924
Well, put another way, most successful manipulation I see is due to selection bias. The manipulator doesn't really know he or she is manipulating people, and the people who stick to them are those that can be manipulated by them. So someone appears to be good at manipulating people just because you've seen the results of the chips falling that way.

As for the red(dit) pill, it's something that gives you all of the ulcers with none of the understanding.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.