[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Been on 4chan since 2006 >Spend more time on Reddit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1443147176992.jpg (51KB, 400x336px) Image search: [Google]
1443147176992.jpg
51KB, 400x336px
>Been on 4chan since 2006
>Spend more time on Reddit than 4chan in 2017
>>
This board isn't totally ruined yet, but lots of 4chan is destroyed forever by the Trump people
>>
>no loyalty

didn't expect much from an autist anyway...
>>
>>36463119

I started spending more time on reddit this year too. What happened was I found a bunch of drug-related subreddits, and drugs is the topic I like to talk about the most online. You can say what you like about the faggotry of Reddit culture overall--and those points would be valid--but the fact is it's the only place on the internet where you can discuss literally any topic in detail no matter how specific and in how small of a niche.
>>
I can't stand most of this site now. Most active boards have devolved into stale meme-spouting, and the community is too big and confused to feel like you're truly connecting to someone. Lots of reddit is shitty and infested by politics, but at least there's options there.
>>
>>36465102
Just go to 420chan, you dumb nigger.
>>
I feel like I've been on reddit since 2015 even though I've been on 4chan.
>>
File: you.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>36463360
>VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>MOOMMYYYY!!
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
I'm from 06 too, I don't go to reddit though, faggot
>>
>>36463119
Why?

Reddit is so garbage

I came here from Reddit last year and this site is a lot better.
>>
4chan is boring. Reddit is all kinds of fucked up if you dig deep enough
>>
>>36465205
>>36465102
is it me or is 420chan just really fucking lame? i feel like 420chan is mainly like 29 year olds that are super fucking stuck in 2006 with the content and memes they post
>>
I'm from 2008 and met a lot of good friends here. Reddit is not a place for friends like 4chan is but I enjoy reading others opinions without people being rude or not contributing to an actual discussion. I never thought I'd make the switch because the culture and lack of original content kinda sucks but we don't have any oc lately either.
>>
File: baitlowenergy.jpg (101KB, 1000x997px) Image search: [Google]
baitlowenergy.jpg
101KB, 1000x997px
>>36466348
(you)(you)(you)
it may as well be true, I suppose.
>>
>>36463119
Then stay there you cunt.
>>
>>36466390
>tfw people think you're kidding
>>
I go to reddit for content, but the comments and general vibe is awful.

Reddit comments section are so fucking cringeworthy. It's a bunch of autistic faggots trying to one-up each other in the most pseudo-intellectual fashion.

4chan is way better because it's realistic and unfiltered. On Reddit everyone is trying to impress each other and earn points. The entire thing is pretentious as fuck.
>>
Reddit is cancer, it's not even a meme.

It's not even an ideological issue, the problem is the way the site works.

Every subreddit admin/mod there is like a fucking dictator. You know how every once in a while the janitors and mods here go nuts with the banhammer and delete like every third fucking thread and ban loads of people?

That's what Reddit is like all the fucking time.

If you ever spend lots of time here and then go over to Reddit and try posting like a normal person (i.e. posting what you actually fucking think about literally ANYTHING) you'll get banned for "trolling".

I literally can't see how anyone could enjoy posting or commenting there. Post something that could even be vaguely perceived as going against the circlejerk? Downvoted, even if it's a news article from Reuters that happens to support "the other side". Have a heretical opinion about a fucking videogame? Downvoted. Call someone a nigger just to be funny and not even being racist? Get banned from the subreddit. Post on the "wrong" subreddit? Get banned from other subreddits automatically.

FUCK REDDIT

And I know I'll take flak for admitting ever visiting or posting there but I'm willing to take it and am ashamed of it.

It's sort of like admitting to having fucked some disgusting street hooker one time when insanely horny. Yes everyone makes mistakes but you'll never forgive yourself entirely for being so stupid and will always feel a little dirty.
>>
>>36466429
I really hate the bad jokes I have to wade through to get to an actual decent post.
>>
File: safe_image.png (113KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.png
113KB, 300x300px
>>36466402
I don't think you're kidding. It's still intended to induce ree'ing (see: this post) even if true.
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>36466520

>check popular reddit post
>Top comment usually some desperate/far reaching reference to lame TV show or movie
>every. single. fuckin. time.
>>
>>36463360
>MUH DRUMPF
The decline predates the election, faggot.
>>
>>36466353
Lime for reference.
I used to post there regularly in my early 20s. I certainly agree with you that it's like that now/always was.
>>
I browse /r outoftheloop once a week, but overall Reddit is fucking terrible.
>>
I browse reddit. Don't post. Generally just go to the news subreddits daily are if anything is happening. I aware it's highly bias filtering.
And videos for random stuff to watch sometimes.
I tried delving into deeper niche subreddits but it was long and boring.
>>
>>36465344
This place has devolved but it is nowhere near the shit that reddit is.
>>
>>36466504
I joined reddit back in 2013 and still visit mostly out of habit, and because I like how reddit is organized. Everything you said is very true though which is why I've been coming here more. That site will implode sooner or later, it's already had a few close calls.
>>
If you don't think reddit is bad let me tell you this, a very small percentage of redditors came over here during the 2016 campain and fucked the whole of 4chan into the next dimention. That's right, trumpers originally came from reddit landed in pol and spread from board to board like a fucking desease atracting a bunch of morons who call themselves the alt right in the process. They don't give two shits about 4chan culture but this their home now what you gonna do
>>
>>36466504
>Every subreddit admin/mod there is like a fucking dictator.
That's every place, except 4chan. Every other "social" site, forum, discord group, and like you mentioned, Reddit.

4chan mods are more like Janitors, and some boards are moderated more than others, but rules on 4chan are lax.
>>
>>36466767
>and because I like how reddit is organized
then go to voat
>>
>>36466602
followed by literally 40 more refences of the same show, all with 300 upvotes atleast. who the fuck likes this shit? who the fuck upvotes it. who are these people. what the fuck.
>>
>>36466767
>That site will implode sooner or later, it's already had a few close calls
It won't, the network effect and addictiveness of the site is way too strong. Reddit is slowly becoming facebook/twitter for better or for worse.
Their only real problem is becoming profitable at this point.
>>
>>36466616
4chan popularity basically doubled with the_donald faggots and phoneposters flooding in since the elections began
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.